• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Move over Master Chief, Xbox has a new mascot

Could Master Chief be replaced as Xbox's mascot?

• Yes

Votes: 61 38.1%
  • No

Votes: 99 61.9%

• Total voters
I think a platform defining game or character stands the test of time. Any game released in the last couple of years hasn't achieved that. That's my opinion anyway.
I agree he's not platforming defining. I just think he's an iconic design and would be instantly recognizable in a sizzle reel.

Swift_Star

Banned
Emmy Awards No GIF by Emmys

Sadly very few people have finished the Game, and the Game isn't very popular, its popularity lasted like a week or less and everyone is hyped now for hogwarts legacy.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I think a platform defining game or character stands the test of time. Any game released in the last couple of years hasn't achieved that. That's my opinion anyway.

Yeah and Halo fucked up. Mix that with über fans of a game and voila here we are.

Last edited:

Kusarigama

Chai in Hindi means tea(made with milk and tea leaves and sugar) in India. Very addictive hot beverage.

Edit: I was just very amuzed to find out that main character was named "Chai"

Last edited:
Hifi rush is not only the game of the year but also the game of the century! We won't see such levels for minimum next 100 years. All studios are in total disarray right now because they know they can't match the greatness of hifi rush.

Not only is it the mascot for xbox but its the mascot for gaming itself, replacing even mario as the most recognised gaming ip in the world today.

NickFire

Hifi rush is not only the game of the year but also the game of the century! We won't see such levels for minimum next 100 years. All studios are in total disarray right now because they know they can't match the greatness of hifi rush.

Not only is it the mascot for xbox but its the mascot for gaming itself, replacing even mario as the most recognised gaming ip in the world today.
Don't sell it short. This game also solved global warming. There's been a low snow total in New England this year. Then this game comes out last week, and now we have an arctic blast coming our way. The guy behind me at McDonald's things this sounds far fetched, but his shoes were all wrong. So very terribly wrong. :messenger_unamused:

Shakka43

It’s should actually be Ori.

If Nintendo or Sony had released Will of the Wisps it would have been eulogised to heaven. Absolute stone cold classic.

Greatest Metroidvania ever, greatest soundtrack ever. Ridiculously good game.
Definitely the best games they have put out in the last decade. Crazy that of the million acquisitions they have made Moon Studios wasn't one of them.

Definitely the best games they have put out in the last decade. Crazy that of the million acquisitions they have made Moon Studios wasn't one of them.
It's not crazy if you ever read an interview with them. They're deeply against anything being platform exclusive. They've made asses out of themselves more than once. Talented small team, but they definitely rubbed multiple people the wrong way when they actually start talking.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/ori-...t-for-creating-“artificial-barriers”.1625565/

Nydius

All the "no" votes mystify me. Do I think 808 could be Xbox's new mascot? No... but let's not pretend Master Chief has the same cultural cachet as he did from 2002-2012. There's an entire generation who doesn't really see Chief as a platform mascot. That whole TikTok sound of "that's the guy from Fortnite!" with Master Chief on the screen rings more true than people want to admit.

I could easily see another platform mascot repping the Xbox brand.
Assuming they can come up with one.

Viz108

Neo Member
Does Xbox really need a mascot? Most of the big titles I think of when I think of Xbox (Fifa, Forza, etc.) usually have faceless or custom player characters.

He share chief's bland art design and cheesy one liners, so it could be a candidate, sure.
I feel like the only one who finds this art style very bland, and the dude looks like an insufferable twat. So he does sarcastic one liners? I haven't played or seen this game outside of peoples avatars. So basically I am judging by that and I could be totally wrong.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
why? because the game receive high praises so its automatically a mascot?

GymWolf

I feel like the only one who finds this art style very bland, and the dude looks like an insufferable twat. So he does sarcastic one liners? I haven't played or seen this game outside of peoples avatars. So basically I am judging by that and I could be totally wrong.
He is a bit cringe but nothing unbereable from what i've seen.

Lyrical

Banned
One of the most forgettable characters in gaming.
Halo just needs a better developer. Will always be the most iconic Xbox character.

Top Bottom