• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Movies so good that never got a sequel

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
So sitting here with a few beers and with all the hype and chat around Baldurs Gate I decided to stick on the recent Dungeons & Dragons movie, needless to say I'm enjoying the heck out of it (no doubt helped along by aforementioned beers) and it actually saddens me that we'll never get a sequel to this fun romp of a movie, that I believe reviewed well but simply didn't make the money required to greenlight a sequel.

Which brings me to the absolute travesty of modern Hollywood movies that'll never get a sequel..

judge restore GIF

anyone got any other movies they really enjoyed that deserved a sequel?

Starship Troopers deserved a Paul Verhoeven big-budget sequel.

Fight Club could have a legitimately great sequel: the ending of the first one fundamentally changes the world and the relationship of the two main characters. I gues Mr. Robot is kind of a spiritual sequel.

And pre-teen me was megahyped hardcore to the ultramax to the sequel-bait ending of 1998's Lost in Space, but it never came.

Toons

So sitting here with a few beers and with all the hype and chat around Baldurs Gate I decided to stick on the recent Dungeons & Dragons movie, needless to say I'm enjoying the heck out of it (no doubt helped along by aforementioned beers) and it actually saddens me that we'll never get a sequel to this fun romp of a movie, that I believe reviewed well but simply didn't make the money required to greenlight a sequel.

Which brings me to the absolute travesty of modern Hollywood movies that'll never get a sequel..

judge restore GIF

anyone got any other movies they really enjoyed that deserved a sequel?

I've heard good things about dredd but the box office intake was TERRIBLE

I think of they'd have released if just a couple years later it would've done better, hes a niche character but edgy comic book heroes are all the rage right now.

Haven't seen the film myself, need to check it out.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Lotta movies being mentioned that where incredible movies but pretty much told their story, sequels simply would've diluted the original imo, I was more talking about films/characters set in a world that had so much more to tell

Tams

Starship Troopers deserved a Paul Verhoeven big-budget sequel.

Fight Club could have a legitimately great sequel: the ending of the first one fundamentally changes the world and the relationship of the two main characters. I gues Mr. Robot is kind of a spiritual sequel.

And pre-teen me was megahyped hardcore to the ultramax to the sequel-bait ending of 1998's Lost in Space, but it never came.

The problem with Starship Troopers is that it didn't take the source material seriously, so had no real reason or demand for a sequel.

Going by the book, well it's cyclical, so you could make many TV series of you really wanted to.

Ulysses 31

The problem with Starship Troopers is that it didn't take the source material seriously, so had no real reason or demand for a sequel.

Going by the book, well it's cyclical, so you could make many TV series of you really wanted to.
The war was far from resolved in the movie so I think there was plenty of room for a sequel with the satire of the first movie.

Last edited:
Top Bottom