• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Moving to Japan. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
You should probably make a new thread rather than having a get together post at the bottom of a moving to Japan thread. And now that I forced a new page no one will ever see your post.

AllenShrz

After 3 weeks of being here.

I still don't have a cellphone. It's impossible and very frustrating even after I already have a back account and an address.

Getting an apartment was more expensive that I predicted but finally I got one in what it looks like a quite modern building in Shinjuku. The view is amazing as it is in the 21 floor.

Lenguage is defently a problem. I need to learn Japanese. The food is fantastic, so far the best from here!

I went to akiba expecting to find blu rays or DVD of my favorites anime movies and I found nothing at all. Only manga and AKB48 is what will find.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
3 weeks for a cell? Used to take 1 day with a bank account and temp alien card paper. Though this was years ago and when the alien card still existed. I wonder if the companies have changed their policies in the last year?

After 3 weeks of being here.

I still don't have a cellphone. It's impossible and very frustrating even after I already have a back account and an address.

Getting an apartment was more expensive that I predicted but finally I got one in what it looks like a quite modern building in Shinjuku. The view is amazing as it is in the 21 floor.

Lenguage is defently a problem. I need to learn Japanese. The food is fantastic, so far the best from here!

I went to akiba expecting to find blu rays or DVD of my favorites anime movies and I found nothing at all. Only manga and AKB48 is what will find.

I got a cellphone in 1 hour in Shinjuku's Yamada Denki last month. It was a Softbank prepaid though, don't know if it has different procedures than a contract.

In Akiba you definitely went to the wrong stores, there are a lot that sell anime DVD/BD. Watch out for the prices though :p

AllenShrz

Finally got a cellphone.... It was hell!

In no other country that I have gone to did I had show that many official papers and letters and so on.

Still they took easily 2 hours to get it done.

And with the apartment... the same, lots and lots requirements and a contract longer and more complex than the convention of vienna for diplomatic relations, and sadly is not a hyperbole.

I'm an expert

The apartment makes a bit more sense as there is a ton of paperwork in any country when it comes to renting a place when you need a guarantor, but the phone situation is still weird lol. Hopefully you grabbed a double zero place. Do you have a handler who is helping you with all this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom