• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mozilla (I mean Moz://a) launches new brand identity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reversed

I'm getting the feeling it's gonna be acquired by a tech big, but I wonder who.

Anyways, what a weak and outdated image.

Cipherr

Jesus Christ man
uwkWXWA.png

Metal-Geo

That's a shame... I wouldn't call it awful nor brilliant. Just 'meh'.

Brand design can be a terribly difficult (and frustrating) thing. The batches of (horrible) brand proposals they've shared over the months definitely shows that. But it's really hard to believe this was the best they got. A damn shame IMO.

emb

I like that logo a lot. Seems like we saw it here (or somewhere else) alongside a bunch of possible logos, and reception was more positive.

The reception was that all are bad but that's the least bad one.
Actually yeah, that does sound exactly right. Thanks for reminder.

KrellRell

"I hate a lot of things
I hate a lot of people that are lame
I like to hate stuff
Cause then I don't have to try and make a change"

It's a pretty cool logo, very creative.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
That is hideous.

It looks like someone was typing "mozilla" and then a cat jumped on the keyboard.

Korey

What do the funky colors, playful imagery, and energetic shit have anything to do with Mozilla?

It's a fucking browser.

Are we doing 'leet-speak' again? Is that a thing again? ..No? Just Mozilla. Got it.

That's all I can think of when I see it. It takes me back to the early 2000s when that shit was all the rage. Never again. People are saying it's clever? Then entire video game based forums from 2002 were clever.

CTLance

Given the alternatives from the previous public brainstorming session, it's an OK choice. Nothing too exciting, and the video is just whack if you ask me, but then again, what do I know.

All in all it's inoffensive. The logo, I mean. If you can call a leetspeak'd company name in a special font a logo.
What do the funky colors, playful imagery, and energetic shit have anything to do with Mozilla?

It's a fucking browser.
Mozilla does way more than just release/maintain Firefox.

I do agree on the video though.

grumpy

Ugh, the more I look at it the more appalled I am by it. It looks like something straight out of 2002, and not in the timeless, never-out-of-style way. People actually gave other people money for that shit?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Well it was awful and I haven't used Firefox in ages because Chrome is just better.

That's all I can think of when I see it. It takes me back to the early 2000s when that shit was all the rage. Never again. People are saying it's clever? Then entire video game based forums from 2002 were clever.

There's a difference between replacing random letters with similar-looking characters, and doing it so the new characters actually have a new, relevant meaning on their own.

coy

I like the look. That video is whatever but this design I'm good with. Or rather, I'm thr://ed with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom