• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MPC-HD v1.7.13 is released and final farewell

sangreal

I love MPC-HC (and MPC-BE). Every time I switch to a different player I end up coming back

Glad to hear they found some developers, but its not like it needs much work anyway

SigSig

I used MPC a lot some years ago, vastly superior to VLC player. The throne belongs to mpv now, though. Easily the best media player of all time.

If you run mac OS, try IINA, which is a fantastic gui for mpv

main.png

aud.png

chap.png
features

Since it's youtube-dl based, it's also how I watch most video content on the internet. It supports mac OS picture in picture mode, so I just open the stream in IINA and pip it into a screen corner. It's amazing.

I looked into it but it doesn't seem to be updated often? 3 months since the last build unless I'm missing something.

I take it you only looked at lachs0rs builds?
Shinchiro builds every couple of days: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/64bit/

For anyone wondering how good mpv is, this is the CPU usage playing 1080p30 on a 4670K @ 4.2GHz:

cOtfhnU.jpg

1.5% for 1080p30. Fully hardware accelerated. VLC just shits itself trying to get DXVA initialized.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I used MPC a lot some years ago, vastly superior to VLC player. The throne belongs to mpv now, though. Easily the best media player of all time.

If you run mac OS, try IINA, which is a fantastic gui for mpv

features

Since it's youtube-dl based, it's also how I watch most video content on the internet. It supports mac OS picture in picture mode, so I just open the stream in IINA and pip it into a screen corner. It's amazing.

I take it you only looked at lachs0rs builds?
Shinchiro builds every couple of days: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mpv...s/files/64bit/
Just started using it. Definitely a better front end for MPV than anything else.

Is there a way to normalize audio or make it go higher than 100% like in VLC?

However, on Windows I'll stick to PotPlayer (+MadVR when I need it).

Top Bottom