• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot season_2.0 |OT| We Would Care, Bill - Wednesdays on USA

Curufinwe

I did find it hilarious how the FBI did all that legwork and almost had the complete picture but linked everything to Wellick instead of Elliott. Oops, so close.

We have no clue what's motivating Angela at this point due to the Whiterose shit.

Yeah, we do. Getting even with E Corp, same as it's always been.

chris121580

I re-watched...I thought the line was strange from Tyrell saying "I love him." I'm not necessarily sure what he means by that but I think it's going to end up being important

Neoweee

- How long has Angela been involved at this level?
- What is the Plant for? Its importance goes back further than Elliot's plan and Stage 2.
- Tyrell and Elliot needs a ton more exposition. How long have they known eachother? How much has Mr. Robot interacted with him?

vypek

- How long has Angela been involved at this level?
- What is the Plant for? Its importance goes back further than Elliot's plan and Stage 2.
- Tyrell and Elliot needs a ton more exposition. How long have they known eachother? How much has Mr. Robot interacted with him?

Probably since the meeting with White Rose
The plant is where all the deaths were, right? Not sure what was done there
I feel like they have only known each other from when they first met at Allsafe
No clue about the last question except that Mr Robot was interacting for those 3 days that Elliot can't account for.

So did anyone else go that site from earlier in the season where they typed in the IP address of the site instead of the name? Thought that was cool they had a "under construction" page.

I re-watched...I thought the line was strange from Tyrell saying "I love him." I'm not necessarily sure what he means by that but I think it's going to end up being important

Tyrell has grown to idolize Mr.Robot Elliot and what he's done for him, he's given him the sense of power he's wanted since he was a kid.

Dascu

Tyrell's wife seems like a completely pointless character.

Her story really has nothing to do with the main plot.

I liked the finale and the season as a whole, but yes, this is one plotline which could easily be removed and nothing of value would be lost. Completely pointless.

Read the interview with Corneliussen and her comments about Joanna's long game above. She does serve a purpose and what she's doing will play into later events.

T Dollarz

Everyone should listen to Sam Esmail on The Watch pod from yesterday. About an hour long discussion on everything. Excellent insight. Love the dude.

Well I'm glad Mobley and Trenton (*waves at Sunita Man*) are still kicking.

Will Leon getting a bigger role in season 3? I like to think that he was literally the last person we saw has weight (aside from the dark army stuff).

Jarmel

Banned
I'm talking about Angela.

In that case I still disagree because we don't know what the hell was told to her. We don't know what's happening at the plant, how her mother is tied into this mess, or even if by dropping the plant investigation aspect whether it might help her get back at E Corp.

See I'm still not remembering where the stray bullet even came from. It may be time for a season one rewatch soon.

I'm still wondering the same too.

There is this i found on Reddit:
[Spoilers S2E12] The Shot that Changed the World

First we have the painting of the assassination of Franz Ferdinand in Price's office. He was killed by a member of the Black Hand, a secret society. His death happened in part because of a wrong turn.
Now Romero's death by a stray bullet because he happened to be somewhere at the wrong time has started the fall of the dominoes of a secret group linked to White Rose.
Duality. The stories are parallel but reversed with the featured song "Hall of Mirrors" to start the episode. I love this show!

The title card from the finale had some interesting forshadowing

3zBXPigl.png

People comparing this to True Detective season 2 haven't watched True Detective season 2

Not even close. True Detective S2 is so bad compared to this. One of the worst seasons of TV drama i've seen

Just finished it. Started off slow but picked up half way through and I really enjoyed it. I'm hoping they wrap it up in another season, two at the very most. Yeah, I have some small gripes with the show, but looking at it as a whole I am more than satisfied so far.

It's not one of my favourite shows... Yet. We will have to see where it goes, but it gets me coming back for more and I really like the way it's filmed and the song choices are top notch.

I am also not the kind of person that demands answers or explanations immediately, or ever really. If I like the journey enough, that's good enough for me. Some of my favourite films true meanings are still a mystery to me (Lost Highway, Inland Empire) because I am either not intelligent enough to get them or they were made that way, I don't want to look the meanings up because I feel that would ruin how special I find them and the meanings I have associated with them. This show is not even close to those, and has been very easy to follow in comparison, but some of the criticisms I see against it make me glad I can just shut off and enjoy what I'm watching without dissecting every little detail.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Thought the finale was great. Biggest shocker was Angela talking to Tyrell. I like the reverse twist of Tyrell being real after he shot him. Great show.

Every time I see your avatar it makes me want to watch Turbo Killer again.
Looking over the board the FBI had again.

https://i.redd.it/2310fgp1hanx.jpg

It's interesting that Elliot isn't listed under Fsociety just with them as a connection, like Tyrell.

Also, Joanna's new bartender boy-toy isn't on the list yet, or they consider him unrelated.
I figured Dom showing her the board like they have it all figured out but in reality she showed that they really didn't because Elliot pretty much is Fsociety. Never mind it's only one piece in a much larger puzzle.

She made it a greater point to ensure she and the bartender were never seen together though he may have screwed that up and as of that scene he was still a nobody to them and still is.
So they ruled Kareem Hernandez's death a homicide. Looks like Joanna is in some deep shit next season.

I doubt they know what Joanna is capable of, it was made to look like a robbery or some other encounter that went sideways with him pulling a gun and getting two bullets put in him and that's all they have evidence of. They shouldn't have any idea of her involvement unless there's a witness who saw the driver/bodyguard/Donald Hoffman at his apartment.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Felt like the season started a bit too slow and the jail reveal wasn't all that great but the later episodes REALLY picked up. Overall I really enjoyed the season and the final has be super excited for season 3.

Couldn't find the main thread - has anyone played the ios/android game?

I just finished. It was kind of fun (though anticlimatic). I was wondering if you guys had identified the phone numbers.
I assume the guy who wants to meet with her was Cisco - but I am not sure who the crazy person writing doomsday shit was - Tyrell? I never thought of him as interacting with anyone at fsociety but Elliott. Dunno

Back on topic - is whiter0se/Dark Army's goal to take out the US? Is it a nationalistic move (pro-china), or just anarchist? Do whiter0se and Price interact largely as frenemies, since it does not seem that whiter0se's goals are aligned with Price?

We have no clue what's motivating Angela at this point due to the Whiterose shit. It seemed like Ellliot had come to terms with Mr.Robot at the middle of the season but obviously that wasn't the case. Elliott as a character has been treading water this entire season.

Sure, but we know what's been motivating Angela for most of the season. This apparent change in her behavior is part of the cliffhanger.

As for Elliot - he DID come to terms with Mr. Robot, but that's partly because Mr. Robot was playing him (at least, from Elliot's perspective). He was still keeping stuff from Elliot and carrying on with his own agenda.

Mr. Robot: Stephanie Corneliussen on the Season 2 Finale and Joanna's Big Plan

Need to remember, the Dark Army didn't kill Romero or anyone from fSociety nor were they targets, Dom wasn't a target either, all this started falling apart because of a stupid stray bullet and the paranoia created by it. Leon isn't going to kill them, he's there to watch and observe most likely. Should be wondering why Dom hasn't been targeted in both shootings the gunmen ended up killing themselves instead of killing her too even though they probably could have.

I imagine the show will play a lot better when it's complete and can be binged also I think that may be USA's long term goal with it.

Uh...you forgetting about Cisco's missing brain? Mobley and Trenton are certainly in danger, someone sent to observe and report isn't going to waltz up and introduce themselves.

Looking over the board the FBI had again.

https://i.redd.it/2310fgp1hanx.jpg

It's interesting that Elliot isn't listed under Fsociety just with them as a connection, like Tyrell.

Also, Joanna's new bartender boy-toy isn't on the list yet, or they consider him unrelated.

Yeah I don't think they know much about Elliot's real involvement, it would be quite stupid for Elliot to not be on the board when the FBI has Darlene pegged as the defacto leader...who just happens to have a brother who was recently incarcerated for hacking.

Uh...you forgetting about Cisco's missing brain? Mobley and Trenton are certainly in danger, someone sent to observe and report isn't going to waltz up and introduce themselves.

Cisco wasn't a member of Fsociety and was killed because the FBI plastering his face all over the news.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
So they ruled Kareem Hernandez's death a homicide. Looks like Joanna is in some deep shit next season.

Oh yea.. i see that now. Both her and that guy are on that board with a license plate number.

Yeah I don't think they know much about Elliot's real involvement, it would be quite stupid for Elliot to not be on the board when the FBI has Darlene pegged as the defacto leader...who just happens to have a brother who was recently incarcerated for hacking.

Elliot is not under fsociety and hes not under Allsafe even though hes part of both. Take note that Tyrell isnt under E-Corp despite not being there any longer (Terence Colby is still there despite leaving the company). The reason for this that Tyrell and Elliot are the main suspects. The entire operation is rooted.

Absolutely loved the back to the future soundtrack homage in the final(?) episode.

Heard 3 tracks from the film and they previously mention it a couple of times. Sam Esmail must love that trilogy, as do i.

Also, It blew my mind when i finally realised where i saw Rami Maleks face before..........Until Dawn, DAMN!

Also, It blew my mind when i finally realised where i saw Rami Maleks face before..........Until Dawn, DAMN!

And to be honest...

(Until Dawn spoilers)
His character isn't even all that different. He's a guy with serious mental illness who suffers from hallucinations, pursues an elaborate revenge scheme with the aid of a constructed persona and a horror mask, and has complicated feelings about his sister.

Except what she's doing is trying to get Tyrell off scot-free (pardon the pun). The bigger challenge is going to be trying to get him off the hook with 5/9. She's not pointless in any sense of the word.

vypek

Yeah these were some of them. There was another that I can't find at the moment. Too bad I deleted the episodes from my DVR to clear up space.

EDIT:
Saw it was him in Until Dawn right away. I think it was one of the few games where I actually recognized pretty much everyone. I didn't know his name as an actor so I just pointed out "Mr Robot is in this game" lol

Still reading through the reactions (have 4 pages to go) but no none is taking the matrix theory seriously from what I have read. Was it just a blatant red herring that I am too dumb to get? Like, Eliot shot himself after he talked about how we may perceive things incorrectly then Tyrell was on the phone to Angela saying he had woken up. The whole vibe after he shot himself seemed different like it was actually a different reality. Decided to watch again from season 1 episode 1 so my opinion may change :p

Absolutely loved the back to the future soundtrack homage in the final(?) episode.

Heard 3 tracks from the film and they previously mention it a couple of times. Sam Esmail must love that trilogy, as do i.

I first remember seeing him in The War At Home where he played the awkward best friend/neighbor to the oldest son and eventually comes out and gets kicked out by his parents.

Oni Jazar

I heard 4 (every song in the episode IIRC):
Night Train
Davy Crockett
Timebomb Town
Earth Angel

Top Bottom