• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot season_2.0 |OT| We Would Care, Bill - Wednesdays on USA

Why was Dom chasing all over the city looking for where Darlene and Cisco were eating after they left the hospital when it was later revealed that the FBI had the whole fsociety outfit pretty much mapped out already? Dom could have grabbed Darlene at anytime I feel...or am I missing something?

Eklesp

Why was Dom chasing all over the city looking for where Darlene and Cisco were eating after they left the hospital when it was later revealed that the FBI had the whole fsociety outfit pretty much mapped out already? Dom could have grabbed Darlene at anytime I feel...or am I missing something?

They were waiting until they messed up and gave them details on Dark Army. FBI knew they were at the hospital after getting the call from a nurse, then that they went to eat and probably walked. From what I remember Dom now wanted to bring in Darlene and Cisco because the Dark Army they thought were taking out F-society members. The FBI knew about the members and how they are connected but not there whereabouts at all times.

Cause once they put Cicso's face on the news she knew the Dark Army would eliminate him. Cicso and Darlene aren't their top priority, Wellick is. But they can't lose more people that they can get information from either.

Without one of Cisco or Darlene, how were the FBI going to reach Elliot or Tyrell? They lost a lot of leads because of the DA. Additionally, Darlene doesn't have a stable location tied to her, so it's not that easy to simply grab her and try to figure out the 5/9 web. Even if you argue IP Address, given Darlene's nomadic lifestyle, it would be easy for her to leave.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Currently watching episode 9. Jesus christ does Elliot's mother look ridiculious. That's like the worst old person make-up I've ever seen

vypek

Currently watching episode 9. Jesus christ does Elliot's mother look ridiculious. That's like the worst old person make-up I've ever seen

Lol yeah. She looked so young that I didn't even realize it was supposed to be the mom at first.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Finished S2 - man i loved like every second or shot in this season - didnt expect it. Guess S1 wasnt just a one hit wonder.

Also glad i watched the whole season without reading online comments on GAF/Reddit and co. - rereading some of the first pages and how impatient some people can be would have pissed me off anyway lol. Felt like Mad Men all over again.

Binge watching helps for shows like these though - based Amazon Prime.

Gothos

Just finished the season and it's one of the worst tv seasons I've ever watched. Seems like they had no idea how to progress the story so they gave us a season you could basically summarize like that:
68.gif

Really, really disappointed.

Veelk

Banned
I'm rewatching episode 1 and I have a question.

By the time Elliot is invited to and becomes aware of fsociety, they have been operational for a decent bit of time while Elliot was under the control of Mr. Robot.

Why did Mr. Robot bring him into this? Why not just continue to operate everything by his own hand while Elliot continues to exist unawares? It's hard to tell exactly, but they share the same pool of hacking knowledge between them, right? If so, then what did he need Elliot for?

I'm rewatching episode 1 and I have a question.

By the time Elliot is invited to and becomes aware of fsociety, they have been operational for a decent bit of time while Elliot was under the control of Mr. Robot.

Why did Mr. Robot bring him into this? Why not just continue to operate everything by his own hand while Elliot continues to exist unawares? It's hard to tell exactly, but they share the same pool of hacking knowledge between them, right? If so, then what did he need Elliot for?

Just a guess, but maybe fsociety was ramping up their project and so what worked before wasn't going to work anymore. Like maybe it was a timetable thing, or there was some risk that if Elliot did become aware of Mr. Robot (since at that point he was totally unaware), then project would be halted. But I don't want to seem like I'm trying too hard to find an explanation...

Another thought is that while this isn't a logical reason, maybe on the basis of dramatic tension it would make a kind of sense if Mr. Robot gained the kind of control he has now after the the fsociety hack at the end of season one. I mean that was the genie out of the bottle moment for the show, so it makes sense if it was that way for Mr. Robot as well since he's basically the spiritual manifestation of the whole dangerous anarchist project.

OG Kush

Just binged watch this season in about a week. Really enjoyed it. Not as good as season 1 but still good. I do love trippy shit though. I also think that maybe some people are down because this is one of those shows you need to watch in a relatively short amount of time? I can imagine myself getting annoyed waiting 1 week between each episode since their so many goddamn questions at the end of each episode.

Also Tyrell ain't Elliott. They had his picture up in the FBI.

Noks415

Just finished watching season 2 after reading about how much people hated it. I don't know if it was the lowered expectations, but I thought this season was awesome.

Just finished watching season 2 after reading about how much people hated it. I don't know if it was the lowered expectations, but I thought this season was awesome.

Seems like a love/hate it thing depending on how much you enjoy the more weird psychological aspects of the show. If you expected the plot to move forward at a brisk pace this season, you probably didn't have a great time.

Personally, I thought it was as good as season 1, and I'm incredibly excited for the third season.

Finished S2 a few days ago. Kind of mixed feelings, visually the show is amazing, but it feels like it's too often mystery for the sake of mystery. And I'm stating to get tired of cliffhangers with people hearing a knock on the door... ;)

I didn't mind the slower pace, but the whole jail thing didn't really lead anywhere, and the second half of the season felt rushed in comparison. Don't know if isolating Elliot served the story well. Still, a lot of solid character development for the rest of the cast, especially Angela and Darlene, and I liked the disillusioned vibe of the post-hack world (It would have been easy to show them as simple heroes)
Well, Act 2 is supposed to be slower and exposition-heavy, I hope all this build-up pays off in the next seasons

The music is still amazing, I can't get that moth&flame song out of my head

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
There's a bunch of third party sellers offering the book well under stick price (I paid $17 after shipping, Amazon price is $21).

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Mr. Robot emailed everyone again:

6hAjsae.jpg

links to this video

PROJECT X

A top-secret handbook takes viewers on an undercover journey to Titanpointe, the site of a hidden partnership. Narrated by Rami Malek and Michelle Williams, and based on classified NSA documents, Project X reveals the inner workings of a windowless skyscraper in downtown Manhattan.

but it's getting slammed right now.

This is the Intercept article:

TITANPOINTE

it's also the focal point of Phase 2 in the show.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Aight just started watching season 2... I think s1 was really great.

The first major complain is... everytime it showed the "Mr. Robot"-title at the start of every episode, it was extremely well done. Constant goose bumps each and every time. This time there's been no effort putting it in any clever way...

Is it gonna continue like this :/?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Aaaaaaaand nevermind, it's back for episode 3. Literally shouted "YES" as it happened.

kirblar

Aight just started watching season 2... I think s1 was really great.

The first major complain is... everytime it showed the "Mr. Robot"-title at the start of every episode, it was extremely well done. Constant goose bumps each and every time. This time there's been no effort putting it in any clever way...

Is it gonna continue like this :/?
First two were a two-part premiere when aired live.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
The point of Tyrell shooting Elliot was to prove he's real.
Ah, could be. It just made me think back to earlier in the season when mr robot would keep shooting Elliot in the head.

When is season three due to air?

Revolver

Finished the season last night. I've had that The Moth song stuck in my head all day. The scene with Darlene and this song was just haunting. "You've got to be fucking kidding me."

shanafan

Just binge watched the last 3 episodes of season. Absolutely loved the season.

I loved in episode 11, there were at least four songs played from Back to the Future during the episode.
Two songs during Angela's ride to the suburbs to meet Whiterose, one song inside the cab when Elliot encounters Tyrell, and the ending with Elliot and Tyrell.
Pretty awesome.

So, do we know
who was calling Joanna? When Elliot found the address, the bodyguard/hitman said that there was no way that address would be calling her but I don't think the show told us who lived at that address

Not sure about tagging spoilers in this thread as I am a first time poster, so just want to be safe.

Guzim

So, do we know
who was calling Joanna? When Elliot found the address, the bodyguard/hitman said that there was no way that address would be calling her but I don't think the show told us who lived at that address

Not sure about tagging spoilers in this thread as I am a first time poster, so just want to be safe.
Scott Knowles.

Aselith

Just started watching this and really loving it. The way the money drop plays out in Season 2 is one of my favorite moments so far.

SKINNER!

Banned
Just got round to watching the entire 2nd Season of Mr Robot. Have to say that while I enjoyed it I felt that it didn't really introduce anything new from S1. Felt a bit hallow. Last couple of episodes seemed flat instead of building up to something. Hoping S3 brings more to the table.

But S2 did have its great moments:-

First half of the season was great.
The music choices/soundtrack were great.
The seedy/dirty politics that went on behind E-Corp was intriguing to watch.
Dominique DiPierro. Couldn't get enough of this character. Such a fascinating agent.

jelly

I did not like season 2 at all. It was so uninteresting for pretty much all of it. The background e-corp stuff was quite interesting but most of the other stuff was just nonsense. It was so bad, I don't think I'll be watching season 3 without amazing reviews.

- Deadline: ‘Mr. Robot’ Season 3: Bobby Cannavale Boards, BD Wong Upped To Regular, Series Returns In October
There was already gravitas on USA’s award-winning show Mr. Robot, but now the stakes will get even greater: Emmy-winning actor Bobby Cannavale from HBO’s Boardwalk Empire will now star in season 3 of Sam Esmail’s USA network series as a series regular. Cannavale previously headlined Martin Scorsese/Mick Jagger/Terry Winter’s 1970s New York Rock n’ Roll era HBO series Vinyl last year.

In addition, BD Wong, who plays the enigmatic transgender leader of the Chinese hacking org The Dark Army is being elevated to a series regular role.

However, Mr. Robot fans will have to wait until October to watch season 3, which will play out for 10 episodes. The previous two seasons of Mr. Robot have launched during July.

Mr. Robot EP and scribe Esmail will also direct all 10 episodes, which was the case in season 2.

Top Bottom