• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS puts invasive ads for Forza 7 in FH3

Good god this thread is still going.

Listen, outraged people, just accept that some of us don't share your disgust because we had the option to watch a 30 second ad for Forza 7 one time when we logged into Horizon 3.

Stop jumping down to your slippery slope conclusions while smugly shaking your heads about blind fanboys gargling corporate balls. We're not bending over asking for another reaming, we're not deluded or misguided, some of us just aren't outraged about this asinine shit, end of story.

Dude the same goes for you. If you don't care why are you still in this thread?

Just to shit on people who DO care about being advertised to in a product they already paid 60$ for? I guess so. But why? Why do you care that other people care?

Why do you feel the need to shit on other people?

A nice attitude, you don't have it though.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Aight, and some people feel the need to let developers know that this shit is not freaking wanted. You don't have to post in this thread, you know?
People rightfully feel their purchase is cheapened when their 70$ purchase is throwing fullscreen ads in between loading screens. Deal with it.

Dude the same goes for you. If you don't care why are you still in this thread?

Just to shit on people who DO care about being advertised to in a product they already paid 60$ for? I guess so. But why? Why do you care that other people care?

Why do you feel the need to shit on other people?

A nice attitude, you don't have it though.

You know what, you're both right. Whether I agree with you or not, I'm doing the exact thing that I'm accusing you of and getting worked up and nasty over fucking nothing.

This is quite embarrassing, and definitely isn't why I signed up for an account here. I think I've been in too many negative threads lately and just need to log out and take a break. Carry on everyone, I'll see myself out.

RedRum

Banned
You know what, you're both right. Whether I agree with you or not, I'm doing the exact thing that I'm accusing you of and getting worked up and nasty over fucking nothing.

This is quite embarrassing, and definitely isn't why I signed up for an account here. I think I've been in too many negative threads lately and just need to log out and take a break. Carry on everyone, I'll see myself out.

Sometimes it's good to take a beak dude. The concern and outrage in MS threads can get out of hand in my opinion, but there is little you can do about the opinions of others.

I agree with you though that this is so much of a non-issue to me that it's laughable given that in every facet of media that we see these days, there's advertisements.

Z_Y

Agreed, that ad sucked. I was caught off guard thinking I hit a wrong button or something.

However, I just realized I misunderstood the Hoonigan ad. I thought if you bought the Hoonigan car pass you got them to use in Forza 7 for free. Reading it again, I realize that it says you get them free in FH3 when you pre-order F7. Boy, do I feel dumb. Those cars are cool though.

Lothars

Listen, outraged people, just accept that some of us don't share your disgust because we had the option to watch a 30 second ad for Forza 7 one time when we logged into Horizon 3.

Stop jumping down to your slippery slope conclusions while smugly shaking your heads about blind fanboys gargling corporate balls. We're not bending over asking for another reaming, we're not deluded or misguided, some of us just aren't outraged about this asinine shit, end of story.
Good for you? I don't have any interest in MS advertising shit that was patched into a game I've played for almost a year as it is. Microsoft has mostly killed my interest in the mainline forza games before this and them doing this is nothing to give a reason to buy it especially when it pops up multiple times.

Fox Mulder

I didn't give a shit, but of course there's a thread about it.

I'd care more if it was an ad for Xbox Live, Halo, or deodorant. It was an ad for the next Forza franchise game preorder, which includes a free horizon 3 DLC pack.

The hoonigan pack is actually pretty fun.

Gestault

I'd care more if it was an ad for Xbox Live, Halo, or deodorant. It was an ad for the next Forza franchise game preorder, which includes a free horizon 3 DLC pack.

This is the factor that makes this seem reasonable to me, even if ideally there would be no ads. I think having the one-time, skippable "announcement" trailer for the big game expansions is legitimate, and I think you can make the point that the free DLC pack for Horizon 3 is justifiable here. I'd imagine that cross-promotion between the games had that precisely in mind.

Admitedly a tangent from the topic, but the Hoonigan pack is an awesome set of cars.

Sorry if this is too aggressive, but how anyone who lived through the past 10 years of monetization escalation can make the claim "well at least they're not doing X" baffles me.

They will eventually do X. They will ALWAYS eventually do X. And then we will be excusing them because at least they don't do Y.

We now have ads in $60 games selling subscriptions to coin doublers, loot boxes which prey on children and the mentally ill, and carved out content as season passes (often with significant assets on the disc!). This is the new norm. And we're STILL as a community coming up with excuses for this behavior because, hell, at least they're not breaking into our houses and selling our children into slavery.

How is that comparable.. lol

People really love to defend corporations and ads, microtransactions, season passes, f2p mechanics in full priced games, pre-order bonusses.

Crazy.

how is it not comparable?
i have to see ads if i want to play the game. sure i could launch the game without the launcher, that is the standard option by default, but i could also skip the Forza Motorsport 7 add in Horizon 3. Pretty similar to me.

people defend stuff they find acceptable / okay if other people try to make a bid deal out of it.
people are able to differentiate
i would also be okay with banner ads in Rocket League and Fifa

Do they play an advert just before a match with a prompt for pre-ordering a game though?

Do they advertize every 5 minutes about the DLCs you've already bought through the in-game radio stations though?

Does the in-game GPS give you an "event" to go to and when you're there it plays a trailer for the DLC you haven't bought and tells you to either buy it or fuck off? (that happened to me with FH2 but it wouldn't surprise me if it was still there in FH3... ?)

Do they ask you to "review and rate/give stars" to the game in the Store every 30 minutes even though you've already done it? (first of they should never ask for it or just once, it's a freemium mobile game behaviour, but when they do it shouldn't they check first that you already rated the game?)

Seriously, stop acting as if it was nothing. This kind of behaviour is not new in the Forza Horizon series, and they are pushing it too far now.

okay i'll give you that.
i do have the DLC and just listen to a Grove Station, so i don't notice that stuff

watdaeff4

That's pretty big of you. Most people here wouldn't be this humble.

N7.Angel

That's a shitty practice and people that are defending this bullshit should really think twice about what this kind of practice will be in 5 or 6 years...

Audioboxer

That was a 180 quicker than Microsoft on the Xbox One, lol.

Fair play though.

fbutron

any response from MS or Turn 10?

Sadly will be like Forza 5 microtransactions backslash they initially removed them from Forza 6 justo to be added in a latter update le the game...

Top Bottom