• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS: 'This (conference) was the part of E3 people don’t like', E3 Focused On Games

Key2001

OK lets talk about those exclusives:

8 new ips:

Ryse
Quantam break
Black Tusk new game
Rare new game
?
?
?
?

7 reoccurring ips:
Halo 5
Forza 5
Fable MMO (?)
Dance central 3 (?)
Crackdown 3 (?)
?
?

Not sure if it would count as a new ip or a reoccurring ip, but could Ascend: Hand of Kul be one of the 15 games?

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/...and-of-kul-possibly-signal-studios-next-game/

The multiplayer-focused, turn-based strategy game was expected to make its way to XBLA, PC, and Windows Phone, but with this new development, it’s possible that the project is getting a facelift in order to make its second debut on the Durango – which will be revealed during a televised event later this month. This could still be a whole new project unrelated to Signal, but expect to hear more May 21.

Sydle

And I'm saying that on NeoGAF it's been frowned upon for company reps to come on here and just spout PR. That may be his job at Microsoft but if he wants to post here and be respected he has to abide by the rules. Would you really like it if this forum became a place where PR reps from Nintendo, EA or Sony thought they could come and post blatant PR and then disappear? If he wants to come in the lions den then he should sit down with the lions and straight talk. If he can't then I'm sure people would prefer he just steers clear of the topic and posts about other stuff or use his knowledge to help in some way like he has in the 'Xbox is huge' topic. I could be speaking way out of line here and I'm sure a mod will tell me so if I am, but that's the way I see it.

I don't know, he used his real name and offered a suggestion to listen to a podcast that he believes will answer some questions and frustrations in this very thread.

I find it helpful, but I understand where you're coming from and it's totally cool. Maybe he should plan on sticking around for a bit to address your concerns directly...

Been on the forums for years. I rarely post, but I read a bunch.

Certainly nothing condescending was intended. I really mean it – I had a bunch of people come to my office to tell me my name was in a GAF thread so I jumped online.

Also, no PR here. I don’t work in PR. Not trolling for any, either. This is on my personal time.

I merely wanted to do two things: First, peek in, mention I was excited to be in a thread, and second, encourage people who didn’t actually listen to the podcast to do it. Not for PR, but because I think the way it was reported, and what I said, come across differently when you hear it.

I actually had to re-listen to the interview myself, because I tend to stumble over my words sometimes. You only have a few minutes to do these interviews, and you’re both excited and nervous, so I’m never surprised when I botch something up.

So that was it. For obvious reasons, I’m not going to get into a debate on some of the other points. I will try and find areas of confusion that I can clear up, and moreso if it was an interview that I personally was involved in. I’m not going to second guess what Don or Marc or Yusuf said or were trying to say, because I wasn’t there, and I'm not them :)

If there was a “sincere comment” emoticon, I would use it.

RPGamer92

Banned
Microsoft should've just had 2 E3 conferences: the main one being their supposedly game-centric one they've been talking about and made yesterday's be an after-conference kinda like Nintendo's roundtables.

freddy

Banned
Been on the forums for years. I rarely post, but I read a bunch.

Certainly nothing condescending was intended. I really mean it – I had a bunch of people come to my office to tell me my name was in a GAF thread so I jumped online.

Also, no PR here. I don’t work in PR. Not trolling for any, either. This is on my personal time.

I merely wanted to do two things: First, peek in, mention I was excited to be in a thread, and second, encourage people who didn’t actually listen to the podcast to do it. Not for PR, but because I think the way it was reported, and what I said, come across differently when you hear it.

I actually had to re-listen to the interview myself, because I tend to stumble over my words sometimes. You only have a few minutes to do these interviews, and you’re both excited and nervous, so I’m never surprised when I botch something up.

So that was it. For obvious reasons, I’m not going to get into a debate on some of the other points. I will try and find areas of confusion that I can clear up, and moreso if it was an interview that I personally was involved in. I’m not going to second guess what Don or Marc or Yusuf said or were trying to say, because I wasn’t there, and I'm not them :)

If there was a “sincere comment” emoticon, I would use it.

Well , welcome to the forum regardless and I look forward to hearing from you when the shackles are released and you're more free to elaborate on some of the reasoning behind the decisions made.

harSon

Banned
See Microsoft is wrong in a good hardware reveal is just as exciting as game reveals. There is a reason why Hardware reveal E3s have always been hyped as the most exciting.

if your hardware reveal is going to be lame sure you say no one likes them

No, hardware reveal E3s are exciting because we're typically coming off 7-8 years of the same consoles.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I personally can't see how you can have one without the other.

That is to say, I can't see how you can have a games console reveal without games, and any other bells and whistles.

Sony manages to do this with every console/handheld reveal they've ever done. The PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, and PS Vita all were announced with a fairly solid balance of games and other important features.

This isn't MS's first time in the console reveal rodeo. By this point, and especially with the success of the 360, you'd think they'd have revealed the XBO with all cylinders running. They didn't. That's the real truth behind it. It feels like they were caught with their pants down, and were probably going to announce the XBO at E3, but Sony's early announcement of the PS4 put them in a panic mode and forced their hand.

Does this mean they won't have games to show at E3? No, it doesn't, but everything about the XBO reveal seemed rushed and unprepared. By contrast, the PS4 reveal seemed very deliberate, down to it's timing, and the overall polish of that presentation in comparison to the XBOs.

I'm eager for E3. I'll be hoping to get my hands on both the XBO and the PS4 at the event. For me, the conferences are only one part of the package, and they often have more stuff on the show floor than they do during the presentations.

Even with that said, the DRM, used games, always on, Kinect required functions of the XBO are a huge, huge turnoff for me. I'm already not a big fan of the major Xbox franchises (lost interest in Halo with the first one, not big on racing games in general, so Forza; and Gran Turismo, by extension; don't do it for me, and I'm also not a Gears of War fan; Fable lost me with part 2, even though I bought part 3 in the hopes that it would turn the franchise back to the quality of the first), so I can't say I'd be feeling the loss of not owning an XBox One.

I was bummed when my 360 RRO'D on me last year, but then I realized that 99% of my Xbox 360 library was available on the PC. I can't see why the XBO would be any different. If Microsoft rethinks some of this strategy concerning the XBox One, then sure, I'll definitely get one, because I love games. But at this point, not even the most amazing games in the world will make me want to support the system they currently have announced. I feel the same way about the PS4. If it also has some of those features, then I'll move from consoles to PC gaming. I already have a gaming PC, but I still game 99% on consoles (and my Vita).

Top Bottom