• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MSN: The 25 most dangerous neighborhoods in America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadsic

if theyre goin by actual reported crimes a lot of the worst areas in america have a shitload of unreported crimes like in camden, baltimore, new orleans, etc

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
if theyre goin by actual reported crimes a lot of the worst areas in america have a shitload of unreported crimes like in camden, baltimore, new orleans, etc

No snitchin', bitch.

lil smoke

Banned

All hoods that are near large bodies of water if you know what I mean. No evidence.

Smokey

http://www.trulia.com/MI/Detroit,3841,Islandview/

5 Bed, 3 bath

25,900 a month

116 dollar a month mortgage

If you make a decent amount a year why not buy the house and hope that a dystopian future full of drones and cybercops clean it up by 2040 so you make 10 times as much as your investment.

My sis in law works for Ford in Detroit and makes bank. Way more than she knows what to do with up there. The downside is she lives in fucking Detroit. In fact I just sent her a #BeWell text after reading this list

shira

*Control F's Baltimore*

We got robbed (so to speak)

wee-bey-oh-shit.gif

Damn I guess they cleaned up Bmore. Maybe dat hehroin aint the shit no more.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
It is important to note that local law enforcement agencies voluntarily report their crime data and incidences to the FBI and U.S. Justice Department. More often than we would expect, the local agency will err in the numbers they report, or possibly withhold information that would reflect less than favorably on their agency, or their community.

FBI said:
Note: Although the Uniform Crime Reporting Program applies estimation procedures to account for populations covered by reporting jurisdictions, it does not use any estimation procedures to account for hate crime data from agencies that do not participate in the Hate Crime Statistics Program.

FBI said:
Figures used in this Report were submitted voluntarily by law enforcement agencies throughout the country. Individuals using these tabulations are cautioned against drawing conclusions by making direct comparisons between cities. Comparisons lead to simplistic and/or incomplete analyses that often create misleading perceptions adversely affecting communities and their residents. Valid assessments are possible only with careful study and analysis of the range of unique conditions affecting each local law enforcement jurisdiction. It is important to remember that crime is a social problem and, therefore, a concern of the entire community. The efforts of law enforcement are limited to factors within its control. The data user is, therefore, cautioned against comparing statistical data of individual agencies. Further information on this topic can be obtained in the annual UCR report Crime in the United States, 2011.

FBI said:
Each year when Crime in the United States is published, many entities—news media, tourism agencies, and other groups with an interest in crime in our nation—use reported figures to compile rankings of cities and counties. These rankings, however, are merely a quick choice made by the data user; they provide no insight into the many variables that mold the crime in a particular town, city, county, state, region, or other jurisdiction. Consequently, these rankings lead to simplistic and/or incomplete analyses that often create misleading perceptions adversely affecting cities and counties, along with their residents.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...rime-in-the-u.s.-2011/caution-against-ranking

The FBI goes out of their way to point out that any comparison study based on this data is incomplete (aka bullshit). No wonder why the ranking seems so weird.

rrs

Here's another angle. It looks like that back tire is not even pointed in the same direction. Could just be the image I guess.

I see what you mean now, I'm guessing the something is messed up with the drivetrain but it will drive another day.

cdyhybrid

Detroit all up in there claiming the top 3 spots. Surprised at the lack of any Cali cities.

Dodger Stadium and Candlestick Park must have been too small to qualify for this list. Only way they could've not made it, since they're hives of criminals and criminal activity.

Dodger Stadium and Candlestick Park must have been too small to qualify for this list. Only way they could've not made it, since they're hives of criminals and criminal activity.

yeah ... the of the states in the top 25, TX is the furthest one to the west too. Kinda odd.

poodpick

Have you actually been to them or do you just read about them in these drivel articles?

I don't know how anecdotal evidence even matters in this case. I've been to the nice parts of both Chicago and Detroit. I've also gotten lost in the ghetto part of Detroit once and been instructed by a police officer to run every red light because he couldn't guarantee my safety.

wildfire

Banned
It doesn't include New York, Los Angeles and other large cities on the West Coast so it's obviously not a definite list.

I can't speak for the other cities but crime has steadily been dropping in New York, including the Bronx for the past 15 years.

The five boroughs are nothing like the reputation they had in the 80s.

Smokey

Never heard of them. Where they located?

Both on the south side. Sunnyside is right off 610 & 288 (close to the astrodome I think) and is more of a community. Dowling McGowen is a cross street so I guess they are just referencing that general area.

Heard bad stuff about McGowen but my friends dad used to stay in sunnyside. It ain't what ya want I tell you that.

lil smoke

Banned
I'm just saying a lot of neighbourhoods got cut off even in the country's biggest cities, so it's not a definitive list, in fact it's a pretty terrible one.
Does seem like a midwest list, but NYC is different.

Any bad area is flanked by another opposite area. I moved here with a bunch of preconceptions 20 years ago, once I became aware of the layout and reletive proximity of things inside a city like this... I quickly realized NYC could never be as bad as US smaller cities, media and rap music makes NY seems harder than it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom