• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MSN: The 25 most dangerous neighborhoods in America

Status
Not open for further replies.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Sunnyside and Dowling yuuupp

Alief and Innwood Forest are slacking, and I think everyone's already died in Sharpstown. I'm gonna go see what I can do during lunch here in GP help to race to the top. I'll probably forcibly drop some of my coworkers off along Imperial Valley and in the mall parking lot.

Sunnyside is off 288 and 610, the east side. No idea where Dowling is.
Southeast of midtown, south of Old Chinatown/Downtown. The park is a popular place for scoring all sorts of things.. drugs, drive-through prostitution, and the things that come with drugs and drive-through prostitution. During the daytime the area is completely abandoned except for the church... but as soon as dusk comes out, so do the creepers. There used to be fewer problems, but when the Meat Rack shut down, they suddenly got an influx of BWMs in the neighborhood, which was like delivery service for a carjacker.

I knew that part of Indianapolis had gone downhill a lot since the 90s, but I'm surprised it made the list.

Then again, maybe I'm not. This might sound like a silly complaint, but I would regularly see 8-9 cars run the light after it turned red. And that's not mentioning the gangs and the crime rate and whatever else. I'm so glad I'm back on the south side.

Yeah, I'm not sure what to think. Indianapolis downtown is pretty damned safe, I'd say. But this is the north side of downtown, so I can kinda believe it.

I found this blurb to be rather interesting for one of the Indy places, though.

No. 17: Indianapolis, Ind.

Neighborhood: Directly northeast of the North Indianapolis district listed at No. 20.

This area expands out from the intersection of North Meridian Street and East 32nd Street, and includes the Children's Museum of Indianapolis. It also has more same-sex couples living together than 98.3% of the rest of the country.

Archer

Go Greenville-Spartanburg!

KuGsj.gif

dionysus

Yaldog
abandoned except for the church... but as soon as dusk comes out, so do the creepers. There used to be fewer problems, but when the Meat Rack shut down, they suddenly got an influx of BWMs in the neighborhood, which was like delivery service for a carjacker.

What is a BWM?

Didn't know Sharpstown was that bad. I play golf over there cause it is dirt cheap.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
What is a BWM?

Didn't know Sharpstown was that bad. I play golf over there cause it is dirt cheap.
BMW. I transposed.

And Sharpstown was one of the worst places in Houston to be right after Katrina if you were an apartment-dweller. You can thank Hubert Vo, Slumlord Millionare.

PopeReal

Rockford, IL does surprise me. But I only stayed there about 1 month total back in the 90s so I really have no idea, just didn't picture it as a dangerous place.

All these Chicago neighborhoods are shitholes.

Thankfully that are all isolated in the city and the crime does not spill over to the rest of awesome chicago.

Keep the crime and bullshit contained there and don't let it spill over. If they continue to do people will continue to not give a fuck.

http://money.msn.com/now/the-25-most-dangerous-neighborhoods

20) North Indianapolis (Indianapolis, IN)
17) Northeast of North Indianapolis (Indianapolis, IN)

I live in Indianapolis and I don't believe this at all. The North/Northeast parts of Indy are actually fairly nice. This list really makes no sense at all.

I found this blurb to be rather interesting for one of the Indy places, though.

That is pretty interesting because my girl's dance partner and his husband live right around that area.

mernst23

Rockford, IL does surprise me. But I only stayed there about 1 month total back in the 90s so I really have no idea, just didn't picture it as a dangerous place.

Rockford used to have a booming manufacturing industry. The bottom fell out hard starting in the late 80's, early 90's. It's still the 3rd most populous city outside of Chicago and Aurora, but the unemployment around there is just bad.

I'm surprised Auburn Greshem made it twice, I figured Harvey/Dolton/Markham was going to be on the list somewhere. I wouldn't want to go there or certain parts of the Lower West side at all.

lil smoke

Banned
No Baltimore?

No SE DC? Come on now.

SE hasn't been serious since the 90s. Last time I was in DC I saw white hipsters walking around near Hiltop area Benning Rd. No offense to anyone, but white folks were a rarity in DC up until a few years ago.

Funny, PG county is the new SE now. It will be making lists soon. I heard even Bowie goes hard now lol

I live in Indianapolis and I don't believe this at all. The North/Northeast parts of Indy are actually fairly nice. This list really makes no sense at all.
Are you thinking of North/Northeast Marion County (aka greater Indianapolis) or are you thinking of those neighborhoods they're talking about? It's been a long time since I've been near those neighborhoods, so just checking.

Are you thinking of North/Northeast Marion County (aka greater Indianapolis) or are you thinking of those neighborhoods they're talking about? It's been a long time since I've been near those neighborhoods, so just checking.

At first I was thinking of greater Indianapolis, but then I read the article. I admit, those areas aren't great but I am having a hard time believing they are worst than 38th and Post. I grew up around that area and it is definitely a rough neighborhood.

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode

That is pretty interesting because my girl's dance partner and his husband live right around that area.

I'm surprised it's not more out towards the Lafayette Square area, and possibly North of the Fairgrounds along 38th St, but maybe those areas are not as compact, and therefore not thought of as single areas...

Time to get Google Street view open.

Always interesting to see if these dangerous areas look particularly menacing in actuality.

SUPREME1

Banned
I thought lax gun laws was supposed to reduce crime? Aside from IL (lmao at how many times they are on that list) they are all red, conservative, and/or southern states.

Lmao, whahappen mang?

SarBear

I don't know whether to be ashamed or rep my damn city (well, I'm in metro detroit). FFS it's not that god damn bad (yes it is). Just have to watch your mouth when you come around here or you seriously might get fucked up.

I guess it is bad. :(

y2dvd

Alief and Innwood Forest are slacking, and I think everyone's already died in Sharpstown. I'm gonna go see what I can do during lunch here in GP help to race to the top. I'll probably forcibly drop some of my coworkers off along Imperial Valley and in the mall parking lot.

Oh Sharpstown. I went to that mall several years ago and the gameroom had kids puffing cigars and shooting pool no lie. At Greenspoint, I had some people wanting to beat me up over a game of MvC2. Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom