• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple independent sources reporting FFVII remake for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamion

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this baseless rumour without a source will turn out to be true.

It'll use FF15's engine for exploration and come out before that. It'll also have lots of new content - like Crisis Core playable ondisk, so you can experience the whole saga.

Also breaking news: You can look forward to Dirge of Cerberus HD.

/s

Jawmuncher

Also what's with all this revival talk this E3 and no mention of Dino Crisis. Hopefully that JW box office turns things around for next year.

Evilmadness

Neo Member
The stunt that took place at Playstation Experience and the random releases of play arts kai figures of all of the FFVII figures gives me the impression that a true remake is happening...

zulux21

It's the perfect, yet obvious, fake to clickbait people and get them to the site just before E3, so likely they will follow the show on it.
Well played, Siliconera.
I use Silconera for my main japanese news since they don't post clickbait titles so at the very least I imagine they heard something from someone they think is trustworthy (though they likely aren't)
That kickstarter would have double of that in a few minutes...

I think you under estimate how much 20 mil is and how many people who want the game. Only 1 kickstarter ever has gotten over 20 mil, and no video game project has gotten over 6 mil.

yami4ct

All logic says this isn't going to happen, but this E3 seems like it's going to be so damn insane that maybe, just maybe it could.

I don't like FF7, it's probably one of my least favorite FFs. That being said, I could totally dig a PS4 remake if they tweaked the story to make it more coherent and, most importantly, fixed the battle system. It'd be worth it for the visual splendor alone.

McDougles

Any examples of Siliconera intentionally lying to bait for clicks?

If not, why are people calling it click bait? Let's see on Tuesday.

It's probably not true.

cafemomo

sure it might happen

They want to make the PS4 the defacto FF machine

“Actually, not limited to just X/X-2, we’re currently thinking of setting [a way] to have other past Final Fantasy titles playable on the PS4,” said Hashimoto. “Most of our Final Fantasy assets go up until the PS3, while most of the world has rapidly been shifting towards the PS4.”

Illucio

Banned
I don't believe it until I see it announced on stage with a trailer.

I don't even consider this salt, I consider holding this with a grain of air.

TechOne

adcVidB.gif

It's hilarious how nobody believes these rumors anymore.

Maybe people don't care about FFVII anymore.

Ha, people care. They are just not as gullible as a few years ago.

The annoying part is when FF VII inevitably doesn't show up at E3,
some clowns will say Sony had a shit conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom