• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple independent sources reporting FFVII remake for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After all these years, I'll finally be right when I say "This time it's happening! I have a good feeling about this E3!"

Takao

Banned
Any examples of Siliconera intentionally lying to bait for clicks?

If not, why are people calling it click bait? Let's see on Tuesday.

It's probably not true.

Siliconera has enough problems factually reporting public info. This is too much to believe.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure.

image.php

no. I don't believe it. I wish it would happen. Give us FFVII, TLG and Shenmue 3 this year..I just want to see what happens to neogaf.

But I don't believe it.

Philippo

Well, we've come full circle.
Now everyone will be disappointed by the conference when this, TLG and Shenmue III won't show up.

Damn

The Last Guardian
Shenmue 3
FFVII remake

The world is ending as we speak

no more vaporware for gaming if this E3 delivers. Imagine the stories we will tell our kids.

" and on this day, E3 changed forever gaming. And saw it live. I saw Square delivering. It was like seeing jesus turn water into wine. Everybody went silent, in aww. we found our new god this day "

OmegaDL50

I really used to enjoy Siliconera articles with all of their Japanese game coverage on stuff like Persona 5, Star Ocean 5, and Disgaea 5 (hey...three 5's)

But I really can't take such a rumor seriously.

If such a thing managed to become true the GAF server would explode. I am going to be super skeptical of this.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Terribly short article with no mention of how they "found out"

Yeah okay

Yeah. They didn't even bother with "an unnamed source told us" or "we heard from so and so".
They even spared the words "rumour" and "reliable". Stating it is such a matter of fact way makes the article sound like it's talking about some random game.

With how much XVI has cost them why develop a remake now? Then make it exclusive?

Also with the PS announcement this remake decision must have happened recently. Meaning the game won't be seen till 2017 at the earliest.

//DEVIL//

omg please stop this madness lol.

Shenmue 3, Crash, FF7 remake and the Last guardian. come E3 and nothing of that happens and all will get is a meltdown on how horrible Sony's E3 is even though it might have some nice decent games.

Square Enix is the company that still didn't port FF7 on PS4 since last year's E3. developing FF15 for more 5 years. Yet you want them to remake a FF7 too and to be announced ? i lol

Theoretically, if this is real and genuinely for the 20th anniversary that would be Jan 2017.

Why would they show it at this E3 and not the next one instead?

Game would potentially cost hundreds of millions of dollars to develop and would be lucky to sell half of what the original did. If Square Enix actually did make it, they would be certifiably insane.

You poor, poor souls. First The Last Guardian is rumored to show up, then Shenmue is possibly teased, and now a Final Fantasy VII remake is rumored....I fear for the sanity of some of you wonderful, beautiful people if/when none of this stuff turns out to be true.

But hey! I was once like you! I used to believe The Last Guardian would show up at random gaming event year after year after year, but it never came to pass. I moved on, and so can you!

Please let this and TLG be real!
Just kidding!

All we need is Half Life 3 and the ritual will be complete.

At this point, anything can go.

Imagine Shenmue 3, The Last Guardian and FF7 remake being announce tomorrow... Gabe would HAVE TO step up and say " shit, let's do this. Valve will, starting tomorrow morning, work full force on HL3 "

yami4ct

With how much XVI has cost them why develop a remake now? Then make it exclusive?

Also with the PS announcement this remake decision must have happened recently. Meaning the game won't be seen till 2017 at the earliest.

Given how much it would cost SE to make a next gen game of VII's size with all the world map and towns intact, it would make zero financial sense for them to undertake this.

That being said, if Sony were to invest heavily in its development, then that becomes a different story. Sony is clearly desperate to prop up the PS4's library however they can, especially in Japan, so I can sort of see them doing it. If a remake ever were to happen, it would be for the 20th with Sony co-funding. There is zero chance outside of that. I don't believe it will happen, but the odds are better than they ever have been.

Visceir

Hashimoto gets on stage at Sony conference, apologizes, says he knows what the fans want and presents the touched up version of FFVII, believe!

zulux21

You fools do know there another 2 years til the 20th anniversary right? Expect the announcement then.

unlikely rumor aside, have you met square enix?
Have you heard of games like Final Fantasy vs 13 or Kingdom hearts 3?

they don't exactly wait until the last minute to announce games.

Tabris

If this happens, I will throw every console I own except for PS4 out my window in celebration of the greatness tier that PS4 just hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom