• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple Stabbing at Neo-Nazi Rally in Sacramento

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-neo-nazi-stabbed-20160626-snap-htmlstory.html

Multiple people were stabbed Sunday outside the Capitol in Sacramento after clashes between neo-Nazis and counter-demonstrators, officials said.

The Sacramento Fire Department described the incident as a “mass casualty event” and said it was treating patients. A public information officer said on Twitter that at least five people were rushed to hospitals, some with critical injuries.

Photos on social media show blood on the sidewalk of the park where the violence occurred as well as police taping off the area. Video from ABC10 in Sacramento showed portions of the clash.

A neo-Nazi group had planned an event at the site for several weeks, and there was an effort on social media for others to protests against them.

The rally was organized by an affiliate group of the Traditional Worker Party, according to its Facebook page.

The group describes itself this way on its website: “The Traditionalist Worker Party is America’s first political party created by and for working families. Our mission is defending faith, family, and folk against the politicians and oligarchs who are running America into the ground. We intend to achieve that goal by building a nationwide network of grassroots local leaders who will lead Americans toward a peaceful and prosperous future free from economic exploitation, federal tyranny, and anti-Christian degeneracy.”

Wtf is a neo Nazi rally doing in the most diverse county in the country?

Holy shit at this video:
Insane video. Crowd sees any signs of "Nazis" and they run&attack. A lot of people bleeding/getting maced. @ABC10 (Warning: Woman getting hit on the head)
How is this helping their cause?

/Wait, I think this is a neo-Nazi though.

It's weird, I watch this and see the bandannas and my mind instantly wants to distance it from being real violence and think they're larpers or some shit.

OP mentions "mass casualty" from fire fighters/emt on the scene, is that used as just number of stabbed? Don't want to think many have actually died :/

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
It's weird, I watch this and see the bandannas and my mind instantly wants to distance it from being real violence and think they're larpers or some shit.

OP mentions "mass casualty" from fire fighters/emt on the scene, is that used as just number of stabbed? Don't want to think many have actually died :/

Casualty can mean injured or killed. Includes both.

TheYanger

california is the biggest neo-nazi state iirc

edit: one of the biggest
https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/intelligence-report/2015/active-neo-nazi-groups

I mean, it's got the largest population by a landslide. It's still bizarre. I live in Sac, I can't even imagine someone trying that shit here, sadly not surprised by the outcome.

Casualty never means 'death' unless someone is misusing the word. It INCLUDES deaths.

TI82

Banned
I mean, it's got the largest population by a landslide. It's still bizarre. I live in Sac, I can't even imagine someone trying that shit here, sadly not surprised by the outcome.

Casualty never means 'death' unless someone is misusing the word. It INCLUDES deaths.

you can watch a louis theroux documentary where he travels to California and meets plenty of neo nazis from the state.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_and_the_Nazis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sShFz7oHlms

edit: the saddest is the mom raising her kids to be neo nazi popstars, bleh

TheJLC

antonz

These rally happen Nationwide all the time. In America they are permitted after all. The difference is the counter protesters and even the Neo nazis themselves generally act rationally instead of like wild animals.

I mean you have people being smashed in the head with a 2by4 etc. News is now saying 7 people have been taken to the hospital several with life threatening injuries. Even bystanders just moving through the area got attacked for being Nazi.

DaveMG

Banned
Can't you see they're good people they're only trying to stop tyranny and anti christian degeneracy /s

Really though i hope there aren't any deaths. Its not worth making these things violent.

TheYanger

you can watch a louis theroux documentary where he travels to California and meets plenty of neo nazis from the state.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_and_the_Nazis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sShFz7oHlms

edit: the saddest is the mom raising her kids to be neo nazi popstars, bleh

I didn't say they don't exist? I said california has an insanely high population, so the percentage is likely significantly lower than the more stereotypically racist states. The absolute number of them is almost assuredly pretty high regardless, because it's got a really high population and is a very large state in terms of landmass (and in terms of 'chapters' it's got quite a lot of distance to cover thusly top to bottom without huge swaths of basically uninhabited land like Texas and such).

It's more about the fact that it seems patently foolish to try and demonstrate at the state capital, as noted one of the most diverse cities in the country (with integration levels that go well above 'diverse' but highly segregated cities like Detroit or Chicago). To call stuff like neo nazi rallies an anomaly here would be an understatement.

These rally happen Nationwide all the time. In America they are permitted after all. The difference is the counter protesters and even the Neo nazis themselves generally act rationally instead of like wild animals.

I mean you have people being smashed in the head with a 2by4 etc. News is now saying 7 people have been taken to the hospital several with life threatening injuries. Even bystanders just moving through the area got attacked for being Nazi.
They do, but not here, hence the "wtf" and the response (the incident itself).

TI82

Banned
I didn't say they don't exist? I said california has an insanely high population, so the percentage is likely significantly lower than the more stereotypically racist states. The absolute number of them is almost assuredly pretty high regardless, because it's got a really high population and is a very large state in terms of landmass (and in terms of 'chapters' it's got quite a lot of distance to cover thusly top to bottom without huge swaths of basically uninhabited land like Texas and such).

It's more about the fact that it seems patently foolish to try and demonstrate at the state capital, as noted one of the most diverse cities in the country (with integration levels that go well above 'diverse' but highly segregated cities like Detroit or Chicago). To call stuff like neo nazi rallies an anomaly here would be an understatement.

They do, but not here, hence the "wtf" and the response (the incident itself).

im not saying that you were saying they didn't exist, just that if you were interested in seeing them in a more down to earth way check out the documentary by louis. He is really good at getting people to accept him while challenging their ideas.

So the people with bandanas (including the guy who hit the woman in the head with the piece of wood) - those the anti-nazis or the nazis?

LARP'ing has never been so hardcore

I'm assuming the people dressed in black with that symbol are the nazi's?

I have no idea. It was worded like the Antifa started it, but it seems like the hard violence in this video is perpetrated by the Nazis.

Arkeband

Banned
im not saying that you were saying they didn't exist, just that if you were interested in seeing them in a more down to earth way check out the documentary by louis. He is really good at getting people to accept him while challenging their ideas.

Interestingly, Louis was actually not "accepted" by most of the people in the Nazi documentary once they suspected he had Jewish heritage. They got uber paranoid and shut him out and he abandoned one family prematurely because it was becoming too dangerous.

"Down to earth" is a strange way to characterize these people.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I always wonder why there are barely ever any arrests when these things happen.

_Ryo_

I really Hope no one is killed.

And I really wish these racist cunts would just fucking get lost. But Trump emboldens them. Which furthur engerizes Trump. Disgusting.

smurfx

get some go again
hard to tell what the hell is happening in that video. bunch of people dressed in black seem to be fighting each other.

Reprehensible fools, but attacking them just makes martyrs of them and gives them ammo for recruitment. "Our truth is so potent, they attack us for it!"
i know this is always the go to answer for these things but i don't buy it. people who agree with these guys are gonna go out of their way and find them. don't see a point in attacking one another either. in the end nothing gets done and you only got injuries and possible arrests to show for it.

TI82

Banned
Interestingly, Louis was actually not "accepted" by most of the people in the Nazi documentary once they suspected he had Jewish heritage. They got uber paranoid and shut him out and he abandoned one family prematurely because it was becoming too dangerous.

"Down to earth" is a strange way to characterize these people.

eh that was only the one household and wasn't actually his primary target. And yes down to earth meaning you can see them talking more normal not shouting at events. I don't personally know any neo nazis so this was my only way of seeing them acting normal and trying to put their ideas out in a normal conversation. Shows them really struggling to accept the ideas imo

studyguy

I always wonder why there are barely ever any arrests when these things happen.

That ABC reporter got a shot of police rushing down an entire group of them, there are clearly arrests going on but I doubt they want it to become a brawl between cops and counter protesters. From the looks of it they won't let anyone near them at all, on the periscope the reporter herself had to run off as one of them chased her. Fucked up all around.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
That ABC reporter got a shot of police rushing down an entire group of them, there are clearly arrests going on but I doubt they want it to become a brawl between cops and counter protesters. From the looks of it they won't let anyone near them at all, on the periscope the reporter herself had to run off as one of them chased her. Fucked up all around.

Rushing people doesn't mean people get arrested and prosecuted.

Nipo

Assuming the neo-nazi group had the proper permits this will likely be a huge payout when they sue the police and city for failing to provide protection.

Have despicable views, pick an area the public is likely to be outraged at your presence, get all the permits and hope you're attacked so you can sue the city, police, and anyone else. Isn't that what the westborough baptist church always does?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom