• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple Stabbing at Neo-Nazi Rally in Sacramento

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrus

I don't know which side is which, but fuck that piece of shit who hit that chick in the head. Grown ass man hitting a woman, especially while shes down.

Henkka

Banned
One is absolutely not like the other here and it's disingenuous to say otheriwse.

Neo-nazis are scum. Antifa are scum. I don't have to pick a side here, they're both total shit.

Like that guy hitting a woman in the back of the head with a stick as she's getting up? Scum. I don't care if that woman is a racist*, you don't do that.

Edit: *Or Antifa, apparently!

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Aye seems you're right. The reporter is saying the protest was called off and the police took off already, no arrests. Seems fucking wild.

The thing is it's weird, here we had some anarchists meet up, call the cops, then bombard them with molotovs, and disappear like nothing happened. Or 30 of them go into a shop in broad daylight on a weekend and smash the store. No arrests in either cases, no ongoing investigations, nothing. But this is a bunch of young people who are active on social media and what not, they could easily be found, but no. You only get arrests when people protest against the government when there are young and old people and women with their children, and usually only the people not part of the anarchist groups.

Neo-nazis are scum. Antifa are scum. I don't have to pick a side here, they're both total shit.

Like that guy hitting a woman in the back of the head with a stick as she's getting up? Scum. I don't care if that woman is a racist, you don't do that.

"both sides are bad"

alright then. I'll tend to think the people espousing white supremacy and other racist bullshit to be worst but enjoy the view from up on your high horse.

n00r6Cs.jpg

as bad as nazis guise.

also the dude who is hitting the woman is a nazi so... nice.

Henkka

Banned
"both sides are bad"

alright then. I'll tend to think the people espousing white supremacy and other racist bullshit to be worst but enjoy the view from up on your high horse.

I mean, yeah. The enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend. Sure, white supremacists are worse, but that shouldn't prevent us from recognising that the "other side" in this case is a bunch of violent maniacs swinging sticks around.

Edit: Or oh shit, I was wrong about that guy? It's usually Antifa who wear those types of masks, so I thought... I take that back, then.

akira28

last thread had a klan rally through a latino neighborhood that also ended in bloodshed. they do it to provoke these kinds of responses.

Nipo

are you willing to let them gain power and strip you of your rights? Or do you think all viewpoints are valid, even those that espouse white supremacy, racism, and genocide?

I'm confident enough in the laws of the country and my fellow citizens that their assembly will be mocked more than it will be supported. The best way to kill ignorance is shine a light on it.

peak liberalism.

yes. always. never allow them to take power.

Having freedom to speak reprehensible words is not akin to taking power. It's exercising the right that people have fought and died for in this country.

Of course, you appear to be a regressive liberal, so you'd rather just violently shut up those you disagree with rather than win through open debate. I honestly hope you never run into someone like you who decides something you're discussing is wrong and decides to violently silence you.

TI82

Banned
I'm confident enough in the laws of the country and my fellow citizens that their assembly will be mocked more than it will be supported. The best way to kill ignorance is shine a light on it.

i dont. Trump has a portion of the population willing to vote for him.

Having freedom to speak reprehensible words is not akin to taking power. It's exercising the right that people have fought and died for in this country.

Of course, you appear to be a regressive liberal, so you'd rather just violently shut up those you disagree with rather than win through open debate. I honestly hope you never run into someone like you who decides something you're discussing is wrong and decides to violently silence you.

"regressive liberal"

yep. You're not worth my time.

BUT NAZI'S HAVE LEGITIMATE POINTS TOO

Chris R

Any word on the lady hit in her head? Concussion for sure, hoping it's just that and that they catch the fucker and charge him with attempted murder.

Jonbo298

are you willing to let them gain power and strip you of your rights? Or do you think all viewpoints are valid, even those that espouse white supremacy, racism, and genocide?

Freedom of speech and expression/right to assemble (peacefully) is not the same as saying all viewpoints are valid.

TaterTots

Banned
Neo-Nazis are uneducated people. I've recently started reading a lot about Hitler and the nazi movement. I had no idea Hitler was Time magazines man of the year twice due to him pulling the economy out of the toilet and creating jobs. Such a influential man was a psycho and everyone fell for it. These "neo nazis" don't know shit. Just watched some documentaries and think they are top dog. Get fucked.

I'm drunk btw, but what I typed is true. Hitler was man of the year twice due to his economical work lol.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Nazi Scum fuck off. They must be stopped at all costs.

The thing is, these people don't really hold any power. It's not the 1920s. Let them have their dumb little pow wow as the law dictates. At the end of the day they're just a bunch of weirdos sitting around expressing impotent rage and not really doing much.

TI82

Banned
Neo-Nazis are uneducated people. I've recently started reading a lot about Hitler and the nazi movement. I had no idea Hitler was Time magazines man of the year twice due to him pulling the economy out of the toilet and creating jobs. Such a influential man was a psycho and everyone fell for it. These "neo nazis" don't know shit. Just watched some documentaries and think they are top dog. Get fucked.

I'm drunk btw, but what I typed is true. Hitler was man of the year twice due to his economical work lol.

unfortunately due to ease of access to information we have a lot of uneducated people now as well, since so much false information and hate speech is spread online. Sites like stormfront are where these people are bred but now it can even happen on your facebook or wherever

tfur

He/she is not liberal at all. They are promoting Progressive Authoritarianism.

They are willing to dispose of basic civil liberties.

Eh. I wouldn't silence them, but I'm not gonna feel bad if someone else does.

Especially since my sis got verbally attacked when walking past one while visiting Germany.

As long as racists have fear and second thoughts of putting their bullshit out in public, I'm content.

Boney

Banned
I don't understand how a terrorist group like that can freely plan rallies online and perform them.

Would they be cool with an al Qaeda meetup?

TaterTots

Banned
unfortunately due to ease of access to information we have a lot of uneducated people now as well, since so much false information and hate speech is spread online. Sites like stormfront are where these people are bred but now it can even happen on your facebook or wherever

It's insane. I never really looked into Hitler until recently because I thought I knew all there was from History classes. I was wrong. It's almost as if he manipulated a country by helping its economy and then following up with, "also, lets kill these people. You have to because I turned us around." Also, the whole, "blue eyed and blonde hair" thing is a myth. Not sure how that was created. So much information these days.

He/she is not liberal at all. They are promoting Progressive Authoritarianism.

They are willing to dispose of basic civil liberties.

only against nazi's. everyone else is fine.

I don't understand how a terrorist group like that can freely plan rallies online and perform them.

according to people in this thread? yes of course. gotta let everyone have a platform to express their hate.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

Al Qaeda has money and power. These guys have Ford Windstars and neckbeards. Not really comparable at all.

I think that, philosophically, we have a responsibility to defang ideas via other ideas. If that fails, and sterner measures are needed, so be, but considering Neo-Nazism is still, like, 1% or less of the country (most Trump supporters, while racist and often mired in alt-right bullshit, are not even close), there really are no grounds on which to say that there is some kind of virtue in assaulting them in this instance, even if, karmically, they deserve it.

Edit: Oh, the injured people were counter-protesters, mostly? Lock these fuckos up, then!

Lemme slide down this slope.

According to your post above mine responding to another poster, you'd be okay with an al qaeda meet up though.

Or are they now part of your list?

Not falling for your attempt at a gotcha. It's not gonna work. Of course al Qaeda are awful and shouldn't have a platform either. But i wasn't aware of a large vocal contentment of al Qaeda members in this country.

Joezie

Al Qaeda is an armed group with money and power of which we have been in a state of conflict with for nearly a quarter of a century and still partakes in operations of war against the United States in war zones, either directly or through splinter groups.

We haven't fought a war against Organized Nazi-ism in over half a century.

How this simple difference is lost to people continues to baffle me.

Boney

Banned
Al Qaeda has money and power. These guys have Ford Windstars and neckbeards. Not really comparable at all.
Ok these people can't plan large scale attacks that threaten to destabilize the entire nation but can do catastrophic damage at a local level and have done so historically around the world for decades. Assaulting other races, killing poor and homeless people and threatening entire neighborhoods. They wield weapons and are armed with hate and are organized at a local level. They're terrorists through and through especially considering they're taking one of the most vile organizations in modern history as a tentpole for their warped ideology. They are armed and trained to commit hate crimes against population groups to further grow their influence at a local level.

How people can't see that local terrorism is a thing that happens in every country baffles me. But then again, America

I understand that this could've been said about comunists in America during the red scare, so drawing hard lines is tough. But I'll draw a soft line and not allow public manifestations of hate groups and have them well registered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom