• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mushihimesama (Steam) |OT| More "bugs" than Batman!

BOTEC

I'm ready. Might even stay like this, it makes reading GAF much more comfortable.

nFGgp63.jpg

The internets in Tate mode is dope as hell.

STG!

In terms of top SHMUPS, where would this fall on an all-time list for those who aren't familiar?

It's up there for me, I've 1CC'd Original and Maniac Mode, absolutely love the game. I'd like to invest some serious time into Ultra Mode... Or work on getting a higher score in Maniac Mode!

The parent/child banking system is a fun gameplay concept too once you get your brain wrapped around it. After trying a few different autofire solutions, I ended up using a Reco with my setup. Fun stuff!

epmode

I was so happy when I found out that my new monitor was designed for portrait rotation. I was so focused on the G-Sync thing that I didn't even bother to check!

I don't think you actually have to set Windows into portrait mode though, but rather just do it in-game? Does the game even work if you set a portrait resolution in the OS?

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Can't wait to see how the port turned out. Obviously, I have high hopes for this.

I think Mushihimesama is probably the best introduction to the genre for newcomers. It's one of Cave's easier games (still difficult, of course, but not frustrating), it's pretty, has great music, and is just straight-up fun. Considering how much the game cost me the last 3 times I bought it... this whole release is kind of incredible to me.

Beckx

Getting this as soon as I get home. I already have the Xbox release, but for this I gotta double dip. Plus my PC monitor rotates.

Hoping this is first of many.

I'm getting really excited for this. Futari 1.5 was my first 1cc and is my easily my favorite shmup, so I had always wanted a chance to play the first one. Now I just have to hope it sells super well so we can get a western release of Ibara.

I think Mushihimesama is probably the best introduction to the genre for newcomers. It's one of Cave's easier games (still difficult, of course, but not frustrating), it's pretty, has great music, and is just straight-up fun. Considering how much the game cost me the last 3 times I bought it... this whole release is kind of incredible to me.

This is great to see. I've been pushing myself to get more into bullet hell shooters over the last half year. The only two I played a lot are Astebreed and Gundemonium.

epmode

i'm about to buy a Cave game on Steam hahaha what the fuck

Took em long enough! It would have been nice to see before development of new shooters stopped but this is good too.

I still think we'll see a crowdfunded Cave project, if nothing else.

I think they were just having fun ;)

What is this "fun" you speak of? All I see are purple bullets.

According to Blackbird on the stream Cave seem very interested in developing new shmups for Steam as well if their ports end up selling good numbers, so uh. Hype overload and gosh I hope literally everyone with a passing interest in the genre picks this game up.

epmode

Wasn't there going to be a 25% launch discount? And I'm pretty sure the OST was going to be free at launch.

I hope you guys that jumped the gun don't get screwed out of the DLC seeing as it's still being added one at a time .-.

Wasn't there going to be a 25% launch discount?

The update is apparently not finished yet. DLC items and prices have been populating slowly for the past couple minutes.

Top Bottom