• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mushihimesama (Steam) |OT| More "bugs" than Batman!

Shane

Tried to alter the general screen settings and it made my display go black. Could not exit. Had to hard shut down.

Will try again....

Edit: Game crashed again in the options screen.

Edit 2: Working now.

Wonko_C

tzKfB9W.jpg

Mexican price is glorious, and it's going to get discounted on top of that!? Godlike. I'll be able to get the deluxe edition then, hohohoho.

Yeah, I'm trying to get out of the office and didn't feel like waiting for the discount, so I just bought it at full price. Should be done downloading by the time I get home.

Cmagus

Most TVs are big enough such that rotating it isn't strictly necessary imo.

Though I'd like to see someone with a rotated TV playing Mushihimesama, that'd be hilarious.

You laugh but that's exactly what I did with my spare tv on the Xbox 360 version of the game.

Mr.McFist

Already have the 360 port but I will still be picking this up immediately after work today in order to support CAVE. Never played the DLC so I can't wait to try out V1.5.

epmode

It's listed in the All New Releases section but not in Popular New Releases :(

Is this discount coming for sure?

People please, I used to rotate my huge CRT TV resulting in a bunch of discoloration and stuff (that you could get rid of by literally dragging it off to the side with a magnet, iirc).

Edit: Fuck the discount, I Caved (huehuheue)

Miff

Most TVs are big enough such that rotating it isn't strictly necessary imo.

Though I'd like to see someone with a rotated TV playing Mushihimesama, that'd be hilarious.

It crossed my mind, but don't think I'd be able to play it long enough in one session to justify trying it -- I'm guessing that concentrating on bullets will be quite stressful after a couple of hours :)

Shane

Translated to English.
Xbox/keyboad button prompts.
Just finished first level (nearly in 1cc) and there was some slow down during boss battle.
That is all for now.

Translated to English.
Xbox/keyboad button prompts.
Just finished first level (nearly in 1cc) and there was some slow down during boss battle.
That is all for now.
Slowdown is normal; that's the way it was in arcade and it is simulated in ports to try to match the original hardware.

Yes, slowdown is very intentional. Booting the game up now.

Huh, yeah - fullscreen just shows a black screen. Seems like some weird resolution issue.

Shane

Slowdown is normal; that's the way it was in arcade and it is simulated in ports to try to match the original hardware.

Yes. Was stating that as someone before was hoping it was still in.

Yes, slowdown is very intentional. Booting the game up now.

Huh, yeah - fullscreen just shows a black screen. Seems like some weird resolution issue.

Restarting the game again worked for me. When change resolution the screen goes black before kicking in again. Perhaps it doesn't complete the workflow first attempt.

Tain

I also got the crash on first bootup and I wonder if it was because DLC was downloading.

Anyway, worked fine on second run. And it's exactly what I wanted: the 360 version but a little nicer!

I might not be the best judge of slowdown, but it seems accurate to the 360 port to me so far (with my single credit of play). Time to get into it.

No idea how Steam's back end works. I wonder if the 3 hour move didn't bring the discount with it so we won't see it for another 2.5ish hours.

Phaezyk

I'm ready. Might even stay like this, it makes reading GAF much more comfortable.

nFGgp63.jpg

Hahahaha... I just started reading the thread and when I saw the posts telling me to rotate my monitor I was like... "but it won't work!"

I have the same monitor as you, so I think you just proved me wrong. =P I might just have to do this.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Just so people know, you can request a discount and then rebuy the game at the sales price if you bought it before the discount was active.

Miff

I have the same monitor as you.

same monitor, debating

Honestly, I didn't realise how much extra screen space it would give me until I rotated the screen, I'd definitely recommend you flip your monitor to the side and see what you think. Haven't got the game yet so can't say how it works out in practice. Obviously you might need some additional support -- mine will be wedged between the wall + the pane of glass on my desk.

TATE sorted. Had to set the portrait monitor to landscape mode using Windows display settings, then rotate in-game. Just a case of using the positioning and zoom settings to max fill the display.

TATE sorted. Had to set the portrait monitor to landscape mode using Windows display settings, then rotate in-game. Just a case of using the positioning and zoom settings to max fill the display.

They really should find a way to make the game work around a monitor set to portrait mode in the first place. That's a consoleism that needs to go.

I'm probably going to stream the game for a little bit, though I need to get some PSO2 in tonight also as well as get started actually writing the SUPERBEAT: XONiC OT (I don't have time for all these gamesssss).

ghibli99

Can't wait. Gonna wait for the discount and then buy the full bundle... hopefully by tonight after dinner, when my hand/eye coordination will be at its worst. LOL

Edit: It's up! Bought that so fast...

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Hmm... come to think of it, this'll be the first shmup I play with the Elite Controller. I need to build a new arcade stick, but this should be a good workout for the elite in the meantime.

Top Bottom