• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Music Makers |OT| Where words fail, music speaks.

Can anyone recommend me a good music maker. I had managed to get Finale one time, but it seems complicated to use music. I hate the look of FL and Garage Band. I had the trial version of Mixcraft and liked that, but it was just the trial. I want something with a ton of instruments.

RP912

Banned
Can anyone recommend me a good music maker. I had managed to get Finale one time, but it seems complicated to use music. I hate the look of FL and Garage Band. I had the trial version of Mixcraft and liked that, but it was just the trial. I want something with a ton of instruments.

What kind of music do you want to make? Ableton Live is a good one especially if you work with sample loops. Komplete 10 is another good one (if you can afford it :/).

Falk

that puzzling face
Finale is more of a notation software than a production tool. It's good for composition. Turning out a final product, not so much.

That aside, there's two facets to this that you need to consider. The first is the DAW, or digital audio workstation. That's essentially the framework, which takes your audio files, instruments, midi, effects, etc and puts it all together. The other, which you're looking for, are instruments. Think of it as... DAW being the console, and instruments being the games. Just the console alone won't get you too far, but at the same time you want the one that suits you the best.

Nowadays, with the ubiquity of VST instruments, the DAW you use doesn't really matter as much anymore, since all DAWs pretty much can use all VSTs with the occasional rare exception due to compatibility. So, let's just say you check out a vendor's website, really like the sound of _____, nowadays virtually any DAW would be able to use it. And yes, there's a lot of free VSTs out there, or generous trials, in that you don't really have to break the bank to get started. (Komplete, as mentioned, is a very good recommendation as an all-in-one starter kit, although a little pricey)

Most DAWs have a few instruments bundled which are complete garbage (FL Studio is the most notorious for this, hence the whole Fruity Loops stigma of the '00s), but Logic and SONAR's default instruments can get you quite a bit of mileage depending on what you want to do. Incidentally, Logic is OSX-only, and SONAR is Windows-only.

I digress. Right now SONAR actually has a free trial type thingoo if you want to jump in and mess around with it. I've been using it since forever and some of the bundled FX are still my go-tos more than a decade later.

Xun

I'm quite annoyed since our drummer is pretty much away this whole summer and he doesn't have a definite date for when he'll be back.

It's a fucking pain. :/

Mandelbo

One of my friends (who's also on neogaf as it happens) asked me to do the soundtrack and sound editing for a short film he's made, and it just got uploaded now! I also did some of the extra recordings too. It's certainly not perfect, but I'm still quite proud of it :D

NotLiquid

So I don't know if remixes also apply to this topic but I just wrapped up a rendition I made of Lich Yard from Shovel Knight. It was interesting to make since I hadn't done a remix for a long time. First time I've recorded live guitars that generally drive the track rather than just backing so it was an interesting experience for me. I have a whole lot to learn in that regard but I hope to experiment more in the future.

cjsnapp

Neo Member
So I don't know if remixes also apply to this topic but I just wrapped up a rendition I made of Lich Yard from Shovel Knight. It was interesting to make since I hadn't done a remix for a long time. First time I've recorded live guitars that generally drive the track rather than just backing so it was an interesting experience for me. I have a whole lot to learn in that regard but I hope to experiment more in the future.

While I'm not a huge fan of the effects on the guitar, this is pretty damn cool. Nicely done!

I was hoping for some feedback from you guys on the mix of the latest track I'm working on, found here: https://soundcloud.com/jacksonsnapp/latest-wip-1/s-9I9rH

rObit

Banned
I was hoping for some feedback from you guys on the mix of the latest track I'm working on, found here: https://soundcloud.com/jacksonsnapp/latest-wip-1/s-9I9rH

In love with it, dude. If I had to make one critique, it'd be that the piano tone feels a little flat. It's alright with the rest of the mix in the first build, but on its own there at around 2:00 it feels like it's missing something. But the rest of it is ace, really. I'm super impressed with this and the Let It All Out remix you did. I've listened to that one a bunch since you uploaded it, lol.

cjsnapp

Neo Member
In love with it, dude. If I had to make one critique, it'd be that the piano tone feels a little flat. It's alright with the rest of the mix in the first build, but on its own there at around 2:00 it feels like it's missing something. But the rest of it is ace, really. I'm super impressed with this and the Let It All Out remix you did. I've listened to that one a bunch since you uploaded it, lol.

Hah, awesome! I feel the exact same way about that piano section. I'm thinking of bringing up the reverb a little or maybe running it to a delay send to fill it out more. Maybe even another instrument behind it doing something. Thanks for the feedback.

Mandelbo

I feel you could maybe automate the volume on some stuff to give it more presence at different times. But sounds good!

Thanks! Volume is something I definitely need to work on - I find it difficult to reach a balance between the overall mix being too quiet or having frequent audio clipping. I'll try working in some more automation to alleviate this next time!

Mandelbo

Hey everyone, here is a new track I made, the first to upload to soundcloud, using Volca Keys and Ableton.
Check it out!
And let me know your thoughts :)

Pretty good! There are a few things I think you could work on, though. I feel as if you could utilise panning a little more to give each part more breathing space - everything seemed panned fairly close to center. To add to this, and I can't quite tell if you've done this or not so sorry if I've just missed it, but rather having your drums all on one track it can be beneficial to separate each part of the drum kit onto its own track, so you can apply adjustments to individual parts of the kit rather than the entire thing. I also think you could EQ the piano a bit because it sounds a little muddy at the moment - perhaps bring up the higher end frequencies some more? I liked the cool effect that you started introducing aroung 0:50, and I also quite liked the use of the radio chatter to close the song.

Pretty good! There are a few things I think you could work on, though. I feel as if you could utilise panning a little more to give each part more breathing space - everything seemed panned fairly close to center. To add to this, and I can't quite tell if you've done this or not so sorry if I've just missed it, but rather having your drums all on one track it can be beneficial to separate each part of the drum kit onto its own track, so you can apply adjustments to individual parts of the kit rather than the entire thing. I also think you could EQ the piano a bit because it sounds a little muddy at the moment - perhaps bring up the higher end frequencies some more? I liked the cool effect that you started introducing aroung 0:50, and I also quite liked the use of the radio chatter to close the song.

Oh, thanks a lot. Yeah, I didn't use panning at all so I will definitely consider that. And yeah, all of my drums were on the same track which sounded o k to me at first, but then I felt they sound weird when I listened to it in the car. I'll try separating them more next time.

Thanks again :)

Servbot24

Banned
Hey guys, couple of questions about equipment I am looking into.

1. I am looking for a portable recording set up. I don't like the acoustics in my room for vocals. I already have a mic that I like, but I want a portable recorder device so I can take it places. If it were something where I could just hook my mic to my iPhone that would be ideal, but I don't know if there are good solutions for that quality-wise

2. The other thing I am interested in is a guitar for recording ambient pieces. I'm not as interested in traditional playing, but I would like to plug a guitar into ableton/logic to create sounds that way. I think an electric/accoustic one might be good. Any recommendations?

I know those are a bit vague, I'm a beginner :p

Mandelbo

I found this file that I was working on from forever ago and started up again. Any good so far?

https://clyp.it/vcuoefhx

I'm liking this! The white noise drone in the background coming and going lent weight to certain parts when it started cutting, like at 0:37. I also liked the punchy drum beat - it has a somewhat erratic quality to it that I think works really well. My only real problem with it is the piano sound that is audible at the beginning. I understand what you're going for, but I still think it sounds a bit too tinny and distorted.

Falk

that puzzling face
Hey guys, couple of questions about equipment I am looking into.

1. I am looking for a portable recording set up. I don't like the acoustics in my room for vocals. I already have a mic that I like, but I want a portable recorder device so I can take it places. If it were something where I could just hook my mic to my iPhone that would be ideal, but I don't know if there are good solutions for that quality-wise

By "portable recording" you mean something you can plug your mic into, right? As in, more of an audio interface and less of a recording device like a Zoom that already has built-in mics?

Is your mic dynamic or condenser (as in, does it use phantom power)? What's your budget range?

Something else you can look at if acoustics are an issue are products like the Kaotica Eyeball.

Servbot24

Banned
By "portable recording" you mean something you can plug your mic into, right? As in, more of an audio interface and less of a recording device like a Zoom that already has built-in mics?

Is your mic dynamic or condenser (as in, does it use phantom power)? What's your budget range?

Something else you can look at if acoustics are an issue are products like the Kaotica Eyeball.

Yes, that's correct - I already have the mic, just need something portable to plug it into. The mic is a Shure Beta 87A which does use phantom power.

Not sure about budget yet... but that Eyeball seems a bit crazy to be at $200 :p Also, another part of it is that I want to try getting a variety of sounds depending where the vocals are recorded, as well as capture some field recording.

Looks like there are some available cables for plugging into iPhone, I may just try that

jacobeid

Banned
It's nice to find this thread...I wasn't sure how many musicians were here on the board.

I grew up in a musical family and picked up guitar at the age of three. I quickly transitioned (despite my father's best wishes) to percussion. I was a pretty diligent percussionist until after about three years of playing saxophone when I discovered jazz around the time that I got into high school. After that, I quit the drums and focused fully on saxophone eventually going to University for jazz studies.

As my TMJ got worse and worse (partially caused by the saxophone playing), unfortunately I had to put the horn down. I went through a few years without playing music, which in hindsight is really depressing to me.

I have a career outside of music, but in the last few years I've gone back to doing studio work on the percussion side of things. Most of my friends are in the business so I often do a lot of recording for samples, commercials, etc.

I've been meaning to move beyond the studio walls and regroup with some cats. Just this morning I received a call to play a set on the main stage of a pretty big public event on the main stage of the park in downtown Columbus. Got the group together through text easily enough, we reserved some studio space for the weekend to try and figure out wtf we're gonna do in three weeks!

Leatherface

Hey all. I came to this thread awhile back to share some music but never did. I don't know why, just didn't think GAF would be the forum to share my type of music I suppose (Metal). Anyway, screw it. This is my band. We're called "Disguise the Curse". We are love our metal but are also pretty heavily influenced by classic rock and try to sprinkle that into our tunes to varying degrees depending on the song. Love us or hate us I think we're fairly unique and who knows, maybe some of you will get into it? Anyway, don't be afraid to offer up feedback. I know there are a lot of talented musicians here so I really do appreciate input from other artists. Enough rambling. Below is a link to our EP and a cam video of a newer song. We are currently making a full length album, which will be a huge bump up from our EP quality wise, but for now you'll get the idea. Enjoy.

"Disguise the Curse is an Original Metal band from Springfield. Their music style ranges from blistering speeds to slow bluesy grooves. Performing anthems inspired by Frankenstein, The Kraken, and much more, you'll soon find yourself singing along."

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBdrkZGBfL0

Music: https://soundcloud.com/disguisethecurse

Made another song - it's more of an experiment than anything else, playing with samples and stuff. As always, tell me what you think and give me improvements I could make!

So this is a pretty cool track. It's like Aphex Twin decided to make music for Metroid...which is awesome!! I especially liked the bit between 13s-35s mark. I think it would be really nice to keep that going for a little while longer. Let it marinate a little more. It's so haunting and relaxing. It's just nice to listen to. I can see that part dropping into something with a similar beat but less in the background and more up front, then right into that soft section (that pops in around the 37s mark) for a little break. Anyway, just my 2cents. I think there are some really neat ideas in there. Great work. :)

Hey guys I am new to this thread! My stage name is Bobby Trill which I came up with after watching the episode of KOTH where Bobby takes a women's self defense class at the YMCA and beats up bullies by kicking them in the balls lol. Anyway, I specialize in alternative hip-hop, specifically vapor-trap. Here are a few tracks that I made this week; any feedback is appreciated:

iKNOW: https://soundcloud.com/kingbobbytrill/iknow-prod-j-woodz

Anibae: https://soundcloud.com/kingbobbytrill/anibae-ft-yung-wizzu-hentai-dudeprod-kamikvramia

Great thread GAF! I'm currently in a band doing prog rock, in the relatively small music scene of Peru. We've been doing good, releasing our first EP last year to good reviews and reception. Now we're recording our second EP and I'm liking its sound even more, having a more experimental sound than our first.

So, here is the bandcamp page of our first EP: http://toera.bandcamp.com/. It's free to listen and download. It's got a prog heart, but mixed with various musical styles we toyed with. A couple of things to note: the song "Mandala" was our single track and I'm the vocalist of the band.

Well, there it is and hope you guys like it!

Mandelbo

So this is a pretty cool track. It's like Aphex Twin decided to make music for Metroid...which is awesome!! I especially liked the bit between 13s-35s mark. I think it would be really nice to keep that going for a little while longer. Let it marinate a little more. It's so haunting and relaxing. It's just nice to listen to. I can see that part dropping into something with a similar beat but less in the background and more up front, then right into that soft section (that pops in around the 37s mark) for a little break. Anyway, just my 2cents. I think there are some really neat ideas in there. Great work. :)

Thanks so much for this - you have no idea how happy it makes me for you to have made that comparison! I definitely see where you're coming from when you say that the first section doesn't go on for long enough, though - I feel that I could probably do more with it so it doesn't feel so stifled.

"Disguise the Curse is an Original Metal band from Springfield. Their music style ranges from blistering speeds to slow bluesy grooves. Performing anthems inspired by Frankenstein, The Kraken, and much more, you'll soon find yourself singing along."

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBdrkZGBfL0

Music: https://soundcloud.com/disguisethecurse

I watched the video, and I thought it was pretty good considering I don't like heavy metal very much. The mellow intro was my favourite part :D

Hello music gaf! Seeing that other thread that was made, I decided to post my soundcloud, because, why not? ..needed more critques anway..

Mostly Vocaloid and instrumetnal stuff, with a hope of composing for videogames in the future

https://soundcloud.com/baggagelizard

Tell me what you think, even if you hate it!

You've got some interesting stuff here! I listened up to Five Minute Reaktion; perhaps my favourite out of what I've listened to so far is How Did I Make This!? I really liked the ethereal feel of the song, but I feel that it stops right as it should get going. You did tag it as a WIP though, so I'll let you off this time :p As well as that, I quite enjoyed the Far Away Avanna sample, particularly the bells playing the split chords. Again I feel it ends prematurely, but again you've tagged it as "preview" - I anticipate hearing the completed versions of these songs!

Not sure if you're still looking for advice since this post is so old but are you looking for a DAW to make beats or just record/mix vocals?

Leatherface

Thanks so much for this - you have no idea how happy it makes me for you to have made that comparison! I definitely see where you're coming from when you say that the first section doesn't go on for long enough, though - I feel that I could probably do more with it so it doesn't feel so stifled.

looking forward to hearing more and thanks for the compliments. I know heavy music isn't exactly everyone's thing right now, but I appreciate that you took a listen anyhow. :)

Hello Music Maker GAF!

I'm also making music in a metal band from Germany called "Forever It Shall Be". I play guitar and write most of the music. We are around since 2006 and have released three albums via smaller underground labels. I would be awesome to hear some impressions from you, maybe there are some of you who enjoy this kind of stuff. You can stream all three records (Reluming the Embers (2007), Sonic Death Squad (2010) and Destroyer (2014)) on Spotify or at http://foreveritshallbe.bandcamp.com.

Here are two videos off the recent record:

https://youtu.be/Ycz0CsukkNI
https://youtu.be/RVnArd-jvKw

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/foreveritshallbe

Let me know what you think, GAF!

Feedback train leaving the station! Take everything with a grain of salt, I'm definitely not some sort of wonder child producer myself, and if you're sure something is exactly what you want it to be please feel free to internally tell me to fuck off. (or in a pm, but lets keep the thread civil).

Dope shit man. Wasn't sold on the trumpet initially but it grew on me. I like it a lot the only nitpicky thing I have to mention is that I found the downsweep to be really loud distracting and it occuring every 4 bars in certain sections(depending on wether or not you produced this in half time like I think you did) got old really fast. One question out of curiosity, am I hearing Juicy J's Yeah (Hoe) mixed in there or am I imagining things /D.

Hello Music Maker GAF!
Here are two videos off the recent record:

https://youtu.be/Ycz0CsukkNI
https://youtu.be/RVnArd-jvKw
I honestly don't know shit about growly metal but I can get down with this so that's something. Sounds tight honestly. Can't be nitpicky about shit I know nothing about though /D.

Hey guys,
Here is a track that I uploaded on Soundcloud today
https://soundcloud.com/adnan-a-al-sannaa/forward
Pianos and synths and that kind of thing

I didn't like this all that much. I'll try to explain why though & I hope it's helpful. You start the track with a 4/4 kickdrum, which immediately makes the ear think the snare is going to be on the 2&4. But the snare/clap comes in on beat 3 and hits again on seemingly random beats afterwards. Which honestly makes the whole thing immediately feel suspect to me(emphasis: to me). You also introduce a clap around 0:40 and it feels like it hits on the one for two bars every 4 bars and it feels really strange to me. I sounds like there's a (white) guy with no rhythm clapping along to this shit and he's offbeat. Furthermore the chords on the piano sound kind of dull. I haven't transcribed this to check but it sounds like root position chords all the way through and as a result my emotional interest is limited. It'd be cool if you played with the inversions to create more emotional interest. The Arp sounded fine to me, and the section where it's more minimal with just the arp and clap on beat 3 sounded the best to me. I also found the song lacking in progression, as in it never felt like it went anywhere, you did introduce a melody at some point but it didn't captivate me and the track feels kind of one note.

I'm sorry if this comes off a little harsh and I definitely don't mean it in a bad way and you should absolutely continue honing your craft. I'm simply trying to provide the kind of advice I wish people had given me when I asked for feedback.

I didn't know Vape-Trap was an actual sub-genre. I dig it a lot, beats are good, I see what you're doing with the autotune and it's a hot sound currently so I get it. I did zone out on the lyrics several times because they're coming in so slow and melodic. I don't know if I'd bang it on repeat because I'm the kind of asshole that enjoys his hip hop to be slightly more cerebral and less about fucking or anime. But I think it sounds like you're getting the kind of sound you're shooting for and people are obviously digging it so I'm not hating on it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm out of feedback juice for tonight, but I may be back tomorrow to give more feedback(I might also not be, musicians are flakey like that.) Now for a little bit of what I've been up to.

Been woodshopping so ridiculously hard lately and it's paying off in spades. I'm still not where I want to be but I'm having less and less issues with actually getting things to where I want them to be. I'm still not confident in the stuff I make but I definitely feel like I'm improving a lot in the areas I'm focusing on. I've mostly been spending time expanding my genre knowledge and really focusing on song structure. Also I finally read the manual to all of the vsts, and soft synths I've bought, which was long overdue so the sound design part is feeling a lot less fiddly. Still terrible at mixing though, partially because my ears are assholes and partially because I really don't enjoy it. The fun is in writing the music and creating the feeling for me, being a nitpicky asshole about whether or not the hi-hat or snare is too loud or soft, has got too much bottom end etc is not that enjoyable to me.

Now I just need to figure out what to do with all of this music I've been making(and mostly finishing!), because it's eclectic as all get out and I don't know if I should just say fuck it and upload it all to soundcloud or if I should start setting up alter ego's for different genres. Anyway here's a thing I made last week.
It's not done yet because it's too short and still needs mixing etc. but it's a pretty catchy nu-disco/house track I'd love to get some feedback on: Wrong Ft Stien Bovijn

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Dope shit man. Wasn't sold on the trumpet initially but it grew on me. I like it a lot the only nitpicky thing I have to mention is that I found the downsweep to be really loud distracting and it occuring every 4 bars in certain sections(depending on wether or not you produced this in half time like I think you did) got old really fast. One question out of curiosity, am I hearing Juicy J's Yeah (Hoe) mixed in there or am I imagining things /D.

I appreciate the review! I'll take a listen and give you some feeback on what you posted tomorrow. If you want to check it out, I sang on the beat you listened to. The guy who wanted it never ended up buying it, and I figured it was too much of a hit to squander. lol.

I'm actually realllllly excited about this. It's not 100% done. I still have to put my verse on it, but the basic outline is finished for now.

Here's the link. I hope you enjoy it.

Alright

Ray Wonder

Been woodshopping so ridiculously hard lately and it's paying off in spades. I'm still not where I want to be but I'm having less and less issues with actually getting things to where I want them to be. I'm still not confident in the stuff I make but I definitely feel like I'm improving a lot in the areas I'm focusing on. I've mostly been spending time expanding my genre knowledge and really focusing on song structure. Also I finally read the manual to all of the vsts, and soft synths I've bought, which was long overdue so the sound design part is feeling a lot less fiddly. Still terrible at mixing though, partially because my ears are assholes and partially because I really don't enjoy it. The fun is in writing the music and creating the feeling for me, being a nitpicky asshole about whether or not the hi-hat or snare is too loud or soft, has got too much bottom end etc is not that enjoyable to me.

Now I just need to figure out what to do with all of this music I've been making(and mostly finishing!), because it's eclectic as all get out and I don't know if I should just say fuck it and upload it all to soundcloud or if I should start setting up alter ego's for different genres. Anyway here's a thing I made last week.
It's not done yet because it's too short and still needs mixing etc. but it's a pretty catchy nu-disco/house track I'd love to get some feedback on: Wrong Ft Stien Bovijn

Damn. From your comment, I wasn't sure what to expect. This is groovy. Some of the instruments feel pretty empty a little mixing and EQ and I think you have something really awesome there. I definitely dig it. It's different.

I appreciate the review! I'll take a listen and give you some feeback on what you posted tomorrow. If you want to check it out, I sang on the beat you listened to. The guy who wanted it never ended up buying it, and I figured it was too much of a hit to squander. lol.

I'm actually realllllly excited about this. It's not 100% done. I still have to put my verse on it, but the basic outline is finished for now.

Here's the link. I hope you enjoy it.

Alright

I checked out the vocals, sounds good. Lyrical content is light but it fits the song because it's clearly just a no worries, feel good party banger. I like the mixing on the vocals for the verse a lot, it's very well done imo, you're coming through crystal clear and the timbre of your voice is pleasant. I did notice the broken rhyme scheme when you say just try to keep up(might be intentional?), and a few half rhymes/stretched rhymes later in the verse too. That being said the rhyming style reminds me a lot of Whiz Khalifa. The only nitpicky thing I have to mention is that there's some sort of processing artifact on the vocals around 1:24 that clicks for a second. I can see where you're going though and it's a cool track, I could totally see it being played at parties.

Ray Wonder

I checked out the vocals, sounds good. Lyrical content is light but it fits the song because it's clearly just a no worries, feel good party banger. I like the mixing on the vocals for the verse a lot, it's very well done imo, you're coming through crystal clear and the timbre of your voice is pleasant. I did notice the broken rhyme scheme when you say just try to keep up(might be intentional?), and a few half rhymes/stretched rhymes later in the verse too. That being said the rhyming style reminds me a lot of Whiz Khalifa. The only nitpicky thing I have to mention is that there's some sort of processing artifact on the vocals around 1:24 that clicks for a second. I can see where you're going though and it's a cool track, I could totally see it being played at parties.

I'm glad you like it!

And yeah the end of my buddies verse is screwed up. He sent the verse for me to put in as place holder until this Sunday. Dude you got good ears! Didn't think you'd catch that part. Once it's completely done I'll bring it back and post it. Thanks a lot.

Sami+

Oh I didn't know we had a thread for this! I've got some stuff to share in that case. :) I'm super new, only really played clarinet in middle school band and that's the extent of my musical knowledge hahaha. But a good friend of mine wants me to play synth in his band and is teaching me. Very much inspired by toe. Would love thoughts:

http://sunbathing.bandcamp.com/album/on-a-windy-day

I made a music video for my friends as well - it's my first, and there's a few things I want to improve (for starters sound quality and more natural camera movements) but I stil like how it came out:

https://youtu.be/e0xs_i52nKM

Oh I didn't know we had a thread for this! I've got some stuff to share in that case. :) I'm super new, only really played clarinet in middle school band and that's the extent of my musical knowledge hahaha. But a good friend of mine wants me to play synth in his band and is teaching me. Very much inspired by toe. Would love thoughts:

http://sunbathing.bandcamp.com/album/on-a-windy-day

I made a music video for my friends as well - it's my first, and there's a few things I want to improve (for starters sound quality and more natural camera movements) but I stil like how it came out:

https://youtu.be/e0xs_i52nKM

Don't really have time to check out an ep so I'll have to comment on the bandcamp thing later. (making music right now) I did check out the video you made and the sound quality does sort of detract from the thing. It's a cool video though, captures the feel of a sweaty garage/livingroom jam session very well. The only other complaint I have is that the Les Paul the lead singer is using is either out of tune or has fucked up intonation because it sounds out of tune.

Sami+

Don't really have time to check out an ep so I'll have to comment on the bandcamp thing later. (making music right now) I did check out the video you made and the sound quality does sort of detract from the thing. It's a cool video though, captures the feel of a sweaty garage/livingroom jam session very well. The only other complaint I have is that the Les Paul the lead singer is using is either out of tune or has fucked up intonation because it sounds out of tune.

Yeah I really want to do another vid with a better sound setup, but that's up to them in the end. The EP is my own band and we have a pretty solid setup but I haven't gotten the chance to shoot a video yet, really wanna do that.

Thanks for the input :]

I'm getting a new Taylor GS Mini in either koa or rosewood (with spruce top). A store near me has each, and they both sound amazing. I can't decide which one though!

Here's each:

Rosewood-

AVvtImC.jpg

eyK8wY7.jpg

l7ycn9e.jpg

Koa-

I think I'm leaning toward the Koa. They sound very similar, but the Rosewood is a but more "hard" maybe. I love the way that Koa looks. Although the rosewood has that marbled ebony fretboard look that Taylor is starting to implement for socially conscious reasons (they discovered their suppliers were only selling them the one in ten trees that were totally dark on the inside and leaving the rest rotting on the ground all this time). I like that classic look, but damn is that koa beautiful.

Anyway. Tough choice! Whaddaya think?

Ray Wonder

I'm getting a new Taylor GS Mini in either koa or rosewood (with spruce top). A store near me has each, and they both sound amazing. I can't decide which one though!

Here's each:

Rosewood-

Koa-

I think I'm leaning toward the Koa. They sound very similar, but the Rosewood is a but more "hard" maybe. I love the way that Koa looks. Although the rosewood has that marbled ebony fretboard look that Taylor is starting to implement for socially conscious reasons (they discovered their suppliers were only selling them the one in ten trees that were totally dark on the inside and leaving the rest rotting on the ground all this time). I like that classic look, but damn is that koa beautiful.

Anyway. Tough choice! Whaddaya think?

My buddy has that same exact Rosewood one, sitting in his living room it looks incredible. Also, it sounds magnificent. I would go for the Rosewood.

Top Bottom