• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MvC3-Gamestop accidently confirms Jill Valentine and Shuma Gorath as DLC Characters

El Sloth

Banned
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=88341#bonusFeatures

Gamestop said:
Collector's Edition

Steelbook case featuring exclusive art work
Comic/Art book- A 12-page prologue comic, written by Marvel writer Frank Tieri, plus campaign art and a curated selection of fan art
1-month Subscription to Marvel Digital Comics, providing unlimited online access to Marvel content
2 Playable DLC Characters – Shuma Gorath and Jill Valentine. Content is available 4 weeks post-launch

Also they have the release date down as 2/15/11.

Edit: Amazon also has the release date down as 2/15/11.

Edit Part Duex:
bX6RT.jpg

Edit III: lupinko redeemed!
lupinko said:
Eh, I'll just post it again for fun, but it's for the last time.

Marvel
Galactus (Boss)
Taskmaster (unlock)
Shuma-Gorath (DLC)
She-Hulk
Deadpool
Captain America
X-23
Magneto
Modok
Hulk
Spider-Man
Dr. Doom
Sentinel
Storm
Phoenix/Dark Phoenix
Super Skrull
Dormammu
Wolverine
Iron Man

Capcom
Amaterasu
Ryu
Rad Spencer
Chun Li
C. Viper
Hsien-ko
Jill (DLC)
Chris
Wesker
Dante
Trish
Arthur
Felicia
Morrigan
Viewtiful Joe
Tron Bonne
Mike Haggar
Akuma (unlock)
Zero

Edgeworth and Phoenix Wright make cameos in She-Hulk's ending. I think I might be missing a character, but it's 38 for the roster.
lupinko said:
I know someone in the inside, I can post some but now people are starting to notice. Lol

yes, if you have full 5 stock bar and Phoenix dies she comes back as dark Phoenix like gill resurrection. Also she has seth like health

Edit IV: Return of The Edit:
Official Character Art
OcOPv.jpg

K3IJV.jpg

PAL Boxart(And most likely NA boxart too)
NoL5C.jpg

lbtlO.jpg

Cinco de Edit: Supposed Japanese boxart.
h3fOi.jpg

*preorders LE tomorrow*

Sweet! Not much of a fighting game fan but love me some Marvel anything.

(Fuck you Midway for ruining DCs outing.)

cvxfreak

Capcom: "Hey people bought Resident Evil 5's Jill Valentine DLC so they'll probably buy her in MvC3 too."

Profit!

Why are people excite for this? It would make sense if they announced DLC afterwards, and if it was awhile after its release. 4 weeks after bums me out. :(

Sure, it was an accidental leak, but what teh fuk

fernoca

Anyone managed to get the pic from the site? Is not loading here.
Jill looks like "blonde scarab Jill" from RE5/Afterlife.

EDIT:
Plus $10, not bad.

EDIT 2:
Awesome, thanks yencid. :)

Kurtofan

Jill has the mind control device strapped to her chest,probably means that she's going to help the villains.
Shuma Gorath rocks.

Hylian7

Giolon said:
:lol OH FUCK.

On that note, DLC characters already? Fuck you Capcom. Sell me a complete game.
Agreed. This trend really annoys me, and I know Capcom is frequently a guilty party in it. MAKE GAME FIRST, MAKE DLC AFTER!

This isn't so much DLC as it is a $10 jack. How can you have a competitive online fighter where every character isn't available to everyone?

I'm buying the LE, but day one DLC is bullshit. Remember Capcom, your fans defended Case Zero, don't make us regret that.

NeoUltima

So yeah, I guess this leaked list is legit:

(taken from other thread)
lupinko said:
Eh, I'll just post it again for fun, but it's for the last time.

Marvel
Galactus (Boss)
Taskmaster (unlock)
Shuma-Gorath (DLC)
She-Hulk
Deadpool
Captain America
X-23
Magneto
Modok
Hulk
Spider-Man
Dr. Doom
Sentinel
Storm
Phoenix/Dark Phoenix
Super Skrull
Dormammu
Wolverine
Iron Man

Capcom
Amaterasu
Ryu
Rad Spencer
Chun Li
C. Viper
Hsien-ko
Jill (DLC)
Chris
Wesker
Dante
Trish
Arthur
Felicia
Morrigan
Viewtiful Joe
Tron Bonne
Mike Haggar
Akuma (unlock)
Zero

Edgeworth and Phoenix Wright make cameos in She-Hulk's ending. I think I might be missing a character, but it's 38 for the roster.

El Sloth

Banned
yencid said:
MOTHA FUCKING JILL YES MOTHA FUCKING FUCK YES!

THANKS SLOTH! :lol

(havent seen you in forever BTW)
Thank the dudes in the She-Hulk/Zero reveal thread. I'm just starting a new thread for those who are now avoiding the thread thanks to list warz and discussion on the sex of Zero.

School dude. Also I tend to spend most of my time in the OT when I am on. Or lurking the SSIV thread.
Sho_Nuff82 said:
This isn't so much DLC as it is a $10 jack. How can you have a competitive online fighter where every character isn't available to everyone?
BlazBlue, yo.

Dartastic

Welp, looks like I'm buying the LE. Also, sure it's a leak? Didn't they say they'd be announcing lots of stuff this week? I mean, granted Gamestop said it, but Capcom DID say they'd be revealing tons of stuff this week...

Cels

Mockingbird said:
They probably are on the disc. You're just dling an unlock key.

Yea you're right, probably on the disc.

But why the 4-weeks post-launch nonsense? Or is that just for people who didn't buy the CE?

Screw gamestop...is this CE available from other retailers?

El Sloth

Banned
Dartastic said:
Welp, looks like I'm buying the LE. Also, sure it's a leak? Didn't they say they'd be announcing lots of stuff this week? I mean, granted Gamestop said it, but Capcom DID say they'd be revealing tons of stuff this week...
Well I put 'accidently' in the title because I'm sure Capcom didn't mean to reveal them like this, if they did plan to reveal them this week I mean.

Top Bottom