• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MvC3-Gamestop accidently confirms Jill Valentine and Shuma Gorath as DLC Characters

DLC confirmed now. Very interesting. Dr. Strange better be at the top of the list.

Anyway, this opens up a whole new ballgame. If the rest of the list turns out to be true, that means Capcom has been leading us astray.

Excited to hear about the LE, not really excited about the roster (if that roster from lupinko is true) Though I hope there's some new, more worthwhile DLC down the line.

I want baseball cap brunette Jill as well.

But how would they do dlc costumes for this game? Will they have alternate Marvel characters with different outfits on? I can picture Wolverine in his jeans and leather jacket!

But that's just the thing, you know this will all be content already on the disc.

Teknoman

Well looks like i'll be buying the special edition. More interested in the special case, comic, and art book than the fact it includes the DLC characters... Kinda sucks that they are doing something like that right out of the gate though.

LiK

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:

But how would they do dlc costumes for this game? Will they have alternate Marvel characters with different outfits on? I can picture Wolverine in his jeans and leather jacket!

But that's just the thing, you know this will all be content already on the disc.
Alternate costumes are a no-brainer, probably same price as the SSFIV packs, easy money.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm going to preorder the special edition for the comic and the art book. The DLC characters are whatever.

El Sloth

Banned
TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:

I assume they would just copy what they're already doing in SSIV. Release costume packs of certain number of characters every couple of weeks(after they're done making the costumes I mean) and then one big pack with all the dlc costumes at the end.

duckroll

So it looks like the missing character lupinko missed out was Thor. And removing all the current announced/officially leaked stuff, the remaining announcements will be:

Marvel:
Sentinel
Storm
Phoenix/Dark Phoenix
Taskmaster (unlock)

Capcom:
C. Viper
Hsien-ko
Mike Haggar
Akuma (unlock)

Boss:
Galactus (Boss)

I'm guessing that's 3 pairs left to announce, one might be timed at Jump Festa 2011 in December, the remaining two for early 2011, and then they'll reveal the boss and unlockable pair just before the game is out?

Steaks

duckroll said:
Probably future pay DLC. I can't imagine Frank not making it into the game eventually.
Yeah I would bet if they're willing to do 2 DLC characters, more are coming.

Lucentto

Banned
lupinko's list is odd. There was a leaked picture posted that had a pretty legit roster as well, it had several characters on it that lupinko didn't list.

LiK said:
Alternate costumes are a no-brainer, probably same price as the SSFIV packs, easy money.
El Sloth said:
I assume they would just copy what they're already doing in SSIV. Release costume packs of certain number of characters every couple of weeks(after they're done making the costumes I mean) and then one big pack with all the dlc costumes at the end.
I know that they'll do something similar to SFIV, but what I'm wondering is what designs they'll use for the Marvel characters.

There have been quite a few costumes the Marvel characters went through over the years. I wonder if Capcom will use those.

Just no Spider-Man 2099 costume please!

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
lol list turned out right. Someone is feeling smug right now.

I am surprised MM is DLC. I'm not surprised they pull the DLC character stunt this early since fighting game fans have a history of shelling out the bucks like automatons.

Well, yeah, DLC characters are just lame, but Mega Man. DLC.

I mean, if that's seriously legit, that's beyond words. That is super bullshit if it's true.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
cvxfreak said:
Leon's been MIA from Capcom's fighting games, too. I remember hearing that Capcom originally wanted him in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

They seem really focused on RE5. If MvC3 had come out around 05-07 we'd have probably still gotten Wesker but probably Leon and possibly Ada instead. Plus they axed Punisher on the grounds that he'd be too similar to Chris, so that makes Leon's chances poor for the time being. I probably wouldnt expect him in the initial round of DLC at least.

One thing I dont get is why Jill has the mind control device on her. I assume the DLC isnt gonna be part of the SP, so adding her the villain list isnt exactly a plausible explanation.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm more angered by Akuma to be honest. Way to hog the limelight from worthier Street Fighter characters, let alone other Capcom IPs.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Lucentto said:
lupinko's list is odd. There was a leaked picture posted that had a pretty legit roster as well, it had several characters on it that lupinko didn't list.

Care to link us to the picture?

Edited: I beileve Lupinko for DLC characters; but I hope that he is wrong with list; since I found Akuma utterly bullshit since they said no more shoto. Also I will be happy with Hsien Ko, Shuma, Jill, Taskmaster, Phoenix, Storm, and Mike Haggar.

I found it utterly bullshit that they didn't add Ms.Marvel, Mega Man and Frank West.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Regulus Tera said:
I'm more angered by Akuma to be honest. Way to hog the limelight from worthier Street Fighter characters, let alone other Capcom IPs.

Fuck Bison and his more unique moveset. More shotos!

duckroll

HK-47 said:
I assume the DLC isnt gonna be part of the SP, so adding her the villain list isnt exactly a plausible explanation.

Why wouldn't DLC characters have a story mode and ending? They definitely should.

El Sloth

Banned
duckroll said:
Why wouldn't DLC characters have a story mode and ending? They definitely should.
Well I don't think the Blazblue DLC characters do, but that's a lot more story than MvC3 for Aksys to come up with.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
duckroll said:

Well its possible if Jill and Shuma are on the disk DLC and/or have self contained SP (or if the whole game is self contained SPs).

Top Bottom