• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

NEO0MJ

There is also part how quirks tend to be a mutation of your parent quriks that probaly comes into play.
As well as invisible girl which is implied that her invisibilty be a side effect or a weird physical thing not her actual quirk.

Wait, really? Then they've been pretty coi about it.

I'm gonna have to go with Todoroki as my favorite character. Dude's power potential feels like it should be second to, I'm assuming Deku will be most powerful, Deku just like pops was to All Mighta!

Doesn't he seem to be the weakest of the elementals right now, though? He hasn't shown much variation in how he uses it and it burns him out super fast.

theWB27

Doesn't he seem to be the weakest of the elementals right now, though? He hasn't shown much variation in how he uses it and it burns him out super fast.

I don't remember him having much trouble with anything so far save for losing the race when it mattered.

He doesn't rattle easy and can read things pretty well. He knew exactly when the robots would fall.

Judging purely on the show I'd think his lack of stamina and variation will only increase as he gets older.

NEO0MJ

I don't remember him having much trouble with anything so far save for losing the race when it mattered.

He doesn't rattle easy and can read things pretty well. He knew exactly when the robots would fall.

Judging purely on the show I'd think his lack of stamina and variation will only increase as he gets older.

Oh wait, I confused​ him with Electricity guy. Yeah, Freeze seems like the strongest, but that's kinda obvious from how he's set up. The son of the second strongest hero from a family known for producing strong heroes who was probably trained in using his powers and fighting in general since he was a child.

I'm gonna have to go with Todoroki as my favorite character. Dude's power potential feels like it should be second to, I'm assuming Deku will be most powerful, Deku just like pops was to All Mighta!

Midoriya has no long or mid range attacks so him being most powerful is problematic.

Awesome more TeamTodoroki!!!

Ennosuke

I almost missed the fact that we have a S2 and it is fun so far! Very impressive how Deku did win the race, which I by the way never expected.

caliph95

I mean
how do you think she passed an exam that involves punching robots, though could be wrong

NEO0MJ

I mean
how do you think she passed an exam that involves punching robots, though could be wrong

I thought she was a bit of a joke character, that the point was how in the world did someone who's ability is to be invisible make it this far, or how the judges figured out it was her who knocked them out.
I could be wrong, though.

theWB27

Midoriya has no long or mid range attacks so him being most powerful is problematic.

Awesome more TeamTodoroki!!!

His smarts and , as already stated, I'm sure his punch will have range.

And yea....I'm Team Todoroki : )

Oh wait, I confused​ him with Electricity guy. Yeah, Freeze seems like the strongest, but that's kinda obvious from how he's set up. The son of the second strongest hero from a family known for producing strong heroes who was probably trained in using his powers and fighting in general since he was a child.

That's true, but since sparkle fire is Deku's main rival you'd think they'd want to make him look stronger than T. He's out shined nearly everyone though save for some quick thinking from Deku. I'm curious how he'll handle a situation where he's in over his head.

NEO0MJ

That's true, but since sparkle fire is Deku's main rival you'd think they'd want to make him look stronger than T. He's out shined nearly everyone though save for some quick thinking from Deku. I'm curious how he'll handle a situation where he's in over his head.

One of T's other functions is to show Sparky that he was just a big fish in a small pond, and to show Deku that he shouldn't be satisfied with just surpassing Sparky or he'll never grow as a hero.

theWB27

One of T's other functions is to show Sparky that he was just a big fish in a small pond, and to show Deku that he shouldn't be satisfied with just surpassing Sparky or he'll never grow as a hero.

Daaamn. Didn't think of this at all.

NEO0MJ

midoriya is probably my favorite male character in the show so far. It's not often that I think of the main character as the best but here it is.

caliph95

I walked right into that one. It was so easy to avoid too.

Also fite me! Calling Kirishima a ripoff...smh

giphy.gif

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
This show is hype incarnate.

I was literally jumping on my chair during the final moments of the first trial. Holy shit.

Finaj

I'm curious. I know we're only a few episodes in, but what does everyone think of the passing compared to the first season?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Deku is the best character in the series factually.

I think my favorite thing about this series is that the author doesn't cop out and downplay the two main characters abilities. I think any other series would have had Deku do his best and then fall short to save the victory for later, but MHA uses it to prove that Deku (and All Might) are really as great as everyone believes they are. It's refreshing.

A lot of shonen shows have okay protagonists and protagonists that work okay as part of the whole ensemble. But Deku and his relationship with All Might straight up carries this series. Maybe carries is a bad word choice of words because the action scenes are creative and great, and the supporting cast is great and the villains are all crazy cool. But Deku's immense likability was a huge reason for me getting into the show.

That said I'm so glad Todoroki is stepping up for the rival category. Bakugo is one of the worst rival characters I've ever seen especially in this context. He's supposed to be this star pupil and respected by a lot of his peers (Especially Deku), especially before coming to the acedemy. But hes is just this psychotic violent bully who threatens violence at a moment's notice at just about everyone he encounters including his middle school teacher while in class. The guy spent almost a decade bullying and torturing a quirkless and defenseless Deku with his explosive quirk and Deku still has nothing but admiration for him. The guy has 0 redeeming qualities as a hero.

Bakugo could be a great character if he was this violent crazy anti-authority, anti-society villain who just wanted to tear shit up that Deku encounters and he's this villainous rival. But in this context I can't believe someone as violent as Bakugo wasn't already committed to a juvenile detention facility for injuring/killing someone. It literally makes no sense with just how dangerous his quirk is and how mentally unstable and violent he is. It's make sense in that context.

Todoroki by comparison seems like an interesting character and actually makes sense in the context of the show.

A lot of shonen shows have okay protagonists and protagonists that work okay as part of the whole ensemble. But Deku and his relationship with All Might straight up carries this series. Maybe carries is a bad word choice of words because the action scenes are creative and great, and the supporting cast is great and the villains are all crazy cool. But Deku's immense likability was a huge reason for me getting into the show.

That said I'm so glad Todoroki is stepping up for the rival category. Bakugo is one of the worst rival characters I've ever seen especially in this context. He's supposed to be this star pupil and respected by a lot of his peers (Especially Deku), especially before coming to the acedemy. But hes is just this psychotic violent bully who threatens violence at a moment's notice at just about everyone he encounters including his middle school teacher while in class. The guy spent almost a decade bullying and torturing a quirkless and defenseless Deku with his explosive quirk and Deku still has nothing but admiration for him. The guy has 0 redeeming qualities as a hero.

Bakugo could be a great character if he was this violent crazy anti-authority, anti-society villain who just wanted to tear shit up that Deku encounters and he's this villainous rival. But in this context I can't believe someone as violent as Bakugo wasn't already committed to a juvenile detention facility for injuring/killing someone. It literally makes no sense with just how dangerous his quirk is and how mentally unstable and violent he is. It's make sense in that context.

Todoroki by comparison seems like an interesting character and actually makes sense in the context of the show.
Wow, you just found the perfect way to make Bakugo into a terrible character, luckily Horikoshi made him GOAT instead.

You can be wrong. I'm okay with that.
Why can't a hero have negative qualities?
Why can't Bakugo just be a troubled youth with anger/insecurity issues, are you saying such people don't exist, you don't think there's a huge gap between school bully and person who ostracizes themselves from society by breaking the law and actively wants to murder/ruin people's lives?

Bakugo isn't Satan/a sociopath.
Why isn't he in jail for exploding people or something?

Because Bakugo doesn't go around exploding people, he's literally asked by his friends in episode one if he wants to go with them to the arcade and bully some people and Bakugo responds to them by yelling about how he won't do that because it would go on his record and ruin his chances at becoming a hero/getting into Yuei, Bakugou is serious about his goals.

Like seriously, what does "he's supposed to be this star pupil, but..." mean?

How does Bakugos image in any way whatsoever conflict with his intelligence/skill?

Hell, the route you're suggesting for Bakugos character doesn't even allow him to interact with Deku whatsoever so how can you say that would have been a better place for him?
Might as well write him out of the story completely.

"Bakugo could be a great character if he was this violent crazy anti-authority, anti-society villain who just wanted to tear shit up that Deku encounters and he's this villainous rival."

Putting a hollow ideology being him and making Bakugou into a more generic character would make him better how?

I find it much better that Yuei is taking an active role in making sure Bakugou is shaped into a proper hero rather than just throwing him to the wolves, it's more than realistic that in a society such as this people like Bakugou would slip through the cracks now and then.

(and if you're wondering what Deku or some fans of the series find admirable about Bakugou it's his drive/passion/strength, for me it's enough to offset his more negative qualities, not that those negative qualities don't make him entertaining as well)

NEO0MJ

Pretty sure Todoroki is the coolest, ice cold even

And i'm out

Plus Kirishima is obviously a ripoff of teen Colossus

He's more teen The Thing if he could control his power.

Why can't Bakugo just be a troubled youth with anger/insecurity issues, are you saying such people don't exist, you don't think there's a huge gap between school bully and person who ostracizes themselves from society by breaking the law and actively wants to murder/ruin people's lives?

It's hard for most to forgive him due to how much of a bully he was to Deku, and probably other kids at his school. No one likes a bully. Plus, didn't he tell Deku to commit suicide? That's horrifying.
He is changing , though, as Deku pointed out last episode.

Because Bakugo doesn't go around exploding people,

It's okay for Bakugo to have negative qualities as a character. In a series where growth is a central theme, characters need to have strengths and weaknesses.

Bakugo makes sense on paper. You want a rival and your rival should be a foil to the main character. Deku is timid, thoughtful and kind . So his rival and foil should be aggressive, brash and a jerk. But Bakugo is sooooooooo over the top he's this ridiculous caricature of a rival.

We've seen him set off explosions in Deku's face when they were both children. You can't say he doesn't explode people. We've seen him do it to Deku when they were kids with no provocation. He's threatened to do it more times throughout the series before Deku got OFA. This isn't just "This guy is a jerk." It's "this guy is literally torturing a defenseless person." If he's that eager to set off explosions in Deku's face for no reason it's unbelievable to think he wouldn't have already maimed someone at some point for doing something that actually could make someone angry.

He'he's literally asked by his friends in episode one if he wants to go with them to the arcade and bully some people and Bakugo responds to them by yelling about how he won't do that because it would go on his record and ruin his chances at becoming a hero/getting into Yuei, Bakugou is serious about his goals.
Which completely contradicts with him literally mugging Deku in the first episode. His character makes no sense.

Like seriously, what does "he's supposed to be this star pupil, but..." mean?

How does Bakugos image in any way whatsoever conflict with his intelligence/skill?
Pretty sure teachers don't take to well to getting death threats from students regardless of their grades and extracurricular activities. You can be up for getting valedictorian in class because of your grades but if you went around making actual death threats at people all day everyday in school including to your teachers you'd get your ass expelled. It shatters my suspension of disbelief every second this kid is on screen.

Hell, the route you're suggesting for Bakugos character doesn't even allow him to interact with Deku whatsoever so how can you say that would have been a better place for him?
Might as well write him out of the story completely.
???

By their very nature, heroes and villains interact. Face-palm guy whose name I can never remember has already taken note of Deku on multiple occasions. They're going to start interacting and battling literally and ideologically sooner or later. That's the point of villains. Should Face-palm guy get written out of the story?

"Bakugo could be a great character if he was this violent crazy anti-authority, anti-society villain who just wanted to tear shit up that Deku encounters and he's this villainous rival."

Putting a hollow ideology being him and making Bakugou into a more generic character would make him better how?

Bakugo's only ideology is "I'm better than you. I don't care about you. I want you to die." That's hollow whether he's a villain or a hero. And it's definitely a lot more inherently villainous of an ideology.

I find it much better that Yuei is taking an active role in making sure Bakugou is shaped into a proper hero rather than just throwing him to the wolves, it's more than realistic that in a society such as this people like Bakugou would slip through the cracks now and then.
It makes sense that schools try to shape students. But Yuei is a top school, if not the top school. These places have a reputation to maintain. Bakugo literally tried to kill Deku during their duel by pulling his bracer's grenade pin. I don't care how understanding your school is, attempted murder should get you expelled it wouldn't matter that it was a training exercise.

(and if you're wondering what Deku or some fans of the series find admirable about Bakugou it's his drive/passion/strength, for me it's enough to offset his more negative qualities, not that those negative qualities don't make him entertaining as well)
Sure, passion and strength and drive and whatever. It's like if Naruto started out with Sasuke in the beginning, except his personality is the same as his personality after he killed Itachi and started killing tons of innocent people for no reason. A Naruto just thinks he's a swell guy and his best friend.

It's okay for Bakugo to have negative qualities as a character. In a series where growth is a central theme, characters need to have strengths and weaknesses.

Bakugo makes sense on paper. You want a rival and your rival should be a foil to the main character. Deku is timid, thoughtful and kind . So his rival and foil should be aggressive, brash and a jerk. But Bakugo is sooooooooo over the top he's this ridiculous caricature of a rival.

We've seen him set off explosions in Deku's face when they were both children. You can't say he doesn't explode people. We've seen him do it to Deku when they were kids with no provocation. He's threatened to do it more times throughout the series before Deku got OFA. This isn't just "This guy is a jerk." It's "this guy is literally torturing a defenseless person." If he's that eager to set off explosions in Deku's face for no reason it's unbelievable to think he wouldn't have already maimed someone at some point for doing something that actually could make someone angry.

Which completely contradicts with him literally mugging Deku in the first episode. His character makes no sense.

Pretty sure teachers don't take to well to getting death threats from students regardless of their grades and extracurricular activities. You can be up for getting valedictorian in class because of your grades but if you went around making actual death threats at people all day everyday in school including to your teachers you'd get your ass expelled. It shatters my suspension of disbelief every second this kid is on screen.

???

By their very nature, heroes and villains interact. Face-palm guy whose name I can never remember has already taken note of Deku on multiple occasions. They're going to start interacting and battling literally and ideologically sooner or later. That's the point of villains. Should Face-palm guy get written out of the story?

Bakugo's only ideology is "I'm better than you. I don't care about you. I want you to die." That's hollow whether he's a villain or a hero. And it's definitely a lot more inherently villainous of an ideology.

It makes sense that schools try to shape students. But Yuei is a top school, if not the top school. These places have a reputation to maintain. Bakugo literally tried to kill Deku during their duel by pulling his bracer's grenade pin. I don't care how understanding your school is, attempted murder should get you expelled it wouldn't matter that it was a training exercise.

Sure, passion and strength and drive and whatever. It's like if Naruto started out with Sasuke in the beginning, except his personality is the same as his personality after he killed Itachi and started killing tons of innocent people for no reason. A Naruto just thinks he's a swell guy and his best friend.

His character doesn't make sense to you because you don't like him, does Bakugo bully Deku?

Yes.

But Bakugou bullying Deku doesn't extend to his general bevahor, everyday Bakugou is a volatile sick who will insult and pick a fight with anyone, but his behavior that you claim should probably get him locked up is solely reserves towards Deku, we've known since day one that he has a special vendetta against Deku which was only highlighted in his flashback scene.

And since we don't even know the full extent or severity of it, it's more than reasonable to see how Bakugou could have skated by without committing any imprisonable offenses, stop acting like he's out torturing frogs or something.

Maybe stop looking at Bakugou as a character solely in orbit of Deku/as a generic rival role/caricuture, and as his own person/character with his own story and struggle that stands on it's own, he's just lost a peg the author stuck in to fit some quota.

This is a world with mutants, Who cares about suspension of disbelief, damn near every character is eccentric in some way so I assume in world they would be capable of dealing with a hot headed kid, and I'm sure Bakugou isn't the only bad mannered super kid that teachers in universe have had to deal with.

Shiggy's role is explicitly to be that and the story is set up for him to clash with Deku,taking a character as integral as Bakugou and just shoving him in as a villain would take serious rewrites and wouldnt remotely fill the same role as he does now for Dekus character and they would have sparing interactions, so he might as well not exist in that case.

You just don't like his character so you want him ink blotted out of existence.

Bakugous character isn't what you want the villain him to be as, why do you think you can just force him into being that?

His character doesn't make sense to you because you don't like him, does Bakugo bully Deku?

Yes.

But Bakugou bullying Deku doesn't extend to his general bevahor, everyday Bakugou is a volatile sick who will insult and pick a fight with anyone, but his behavior that you claim should probably get him locked up is solely reserves towards Deku, we've known since day one that he has a special vendetta against Deku which was only highlighted in his flashback scene.

And since we don't even know the full extent or severity of it, it's more than reasonable to see how Bakugou could have skated by without committing any imprisonable offenses, stop acting like he's out torturing frogs or something.

Maybe stop looking at Bakugou as a character solely in orbit of Deku/as a generic rival role/caricuture, and as his own person/character with his own story and struggle that stands on it's own, he's just lost a peg the author stuck in to fit some quota.

This is a world with mutants, Who cares about suspension of disbelief, damn near every character is eccentric in some way so I assume in world they would be capable of dealing with a hot headed kid, and I'm sure Bakugou isn't the only bad mannered super kid that teachers in universe have had to deal with.

Shiggy's role is explicitly to be that and the story is set up for him to clash with Deku,taking a character as integral as Bakugou and just shoving him in as a villain would take serious rewrites and wouldnt remotely fill the same role as he does now for Dekus character and they would have sparing interactions, so he might as well not exist in that case.

You just don't like his character so you want him ink blotted out of existence.

Bakugous character isn't what you want the villain him to be as, why do you think you can just force him into being that?

In just the first 10 minutes of the first episode you see Bakugo

1. Attack Deku and another student as children with his quirk. At least Deku is explicitly quirkless. I don't know if you're aware, but explosions are fucking dangerous. Like even an explosion as small as a firecracker can blind a person if they're unlucky. That he's doing this to people, and it's explicitly not just Deku because of the very first scene, is really really fucked up. This isn't just roughing people up and getting into fist fights. It's really fucked up.

2. Attack Deku and destroy his desk with his quirk in the middle of class.

3. Threatens Deku with his more explosions.

4. Uses his quirk to sear Deku's shoulder.

5. Mug's Deku, stealing and destroying his notebook.

6. Tells Deku to commit suicide.

2-6 are all in class and in plain view of a teacher. The teacher has nothing to say about this. I imagine teachers would have to learn how to deal with angry super kids who start fights and stuff. But they just don't. The teacher doesn't stop Bakugo, doesn't reprimand him for attacking a student and destroying school property. Like even if quirkless people are 2nd class citizens and the teacher doesn't care about Deku's wellbeing at all, a destroying a desk in front of a teacher is going to get you suspended.

It's a series about people with superpowers, but it's still about people who are supposed to be relatable and make sense. Bakugo isn't necessarily a badly written character. It's where his place in the story and how people react to him that makes no sense. Bakugo wouldn't be a hero because he has never been established wanting to do any good for anyone. Bakugo wouldn't be in school because he's an unstable threat to everyone around him. He'd be an outcast.

In just the first 10 minutes of the first episode you see Bakugo

1. Attack Deku and another student as children with his quirk. At least Deku is explicitly quirkless. I don't know if you're aware, but explosions are fucking dangerous. Like even an explosion as small as a firecracker can blind a person if they're unlucky. That he's doing this to people, and it's explicitly not just Deku because of the very first scene, is really really fucked up. This isn't just roughing people up and getting into fist fights. It's really fucked up.

2. Attack Deku and destroy his desk with his quirk in the middle of class.

3. Threatens Deku with his more explosions.

4. Uses his quirk to sear Deku's shoulder.

5. Mug's Deku, stealing and destroying his notebook.

6. Tells Deku to commit suicide.

2-6 are all in class and in plain view of a teacher. The teacher has nothing to say about this. I imagine teachers would have to learn how to deal with angry super kids who start fights and stuff. But they just don't. The teacher doesn't stop Bakugo, doesn't reprimand him for attacking a student and destroying school property. Like even if quirkless people are 2nd class citizens and the teacher doesn't care about Deku's wellbeing at all, a destroying a desk in front of a teacher is going to get you suspended.

It's a series about people with superpowers, but it's still about people who are supposed to be relatable and make sense. Bakugo isn't necessarily a badly written character. It's where his place in the story and how people react to him that makes no sense. Bakugo wouldn't be a hero because he has never been established wanting to do any good for anyone. Bakugo wouldn't be in school because he's an unstable threat to everyone around him. He'd be an outcast.
Being a hero in this world is a profession, why wouldn't someone with as much drive and skill as Bakugou want to take advantage of the only true outlet to flex his powers by becoming a hero?
It's much more reasonable than Bakugou deciding to become an outlaw/murderer.

Being a hero in this world is a profession, why wouldn't someone with as much drive and skill as Bakugou want to take advantage of the only true outlet to flex his powers by becoming a hero?
It's much more reasonable than Bakugou deciding to become an outlaw/murderer.

A petty purse snatcher was drop kicked by a 100 foot tall woman in the first episode. What do you think they're going to do to the kid pinning quirkless children down and igniting nitroglycerin on them? That's far more villainous behavior. Whether Bakugo wants to be an outcast and a villain isn't up to him after that point. By his actions, he's already more dangerous and villainous and committed similar crimes with most of the super minor villains we've seen. It only makes sense for him to be treated the same way.

I mean he tried to murder Deku during the training exorcise. Even All Might acknowledged that "Don't use that attack you'll kill him" and he laughed it off saying "He'll be fine if he dodges" and did it anyway. How is that not grounds for expulsion right there? Is murder and attempted murder not against the rules at Yuei? Do students routinely make attempts on each other's lives with no repercussions? Bakugo strains the credibility of the series' universe.

Bakugou is a bully, but not a sociopath; he's of a more believable flavor. He was told all his life that he was an incredible prodigy, which gave him a massive ego, but the expectations also gave him deep insecurities, which he dealt with by pushing around Deku (which, in a world of quirks, is basically all he did; telling Deku to kill himself was way worse than the explosion stuff, that's just like punching in the setting's context). He still wants to be a hero, though. Make no mistake, that's his goal. He's not nearly as noble about it as Deku (he's more about catharsis and status than helping people), but that's absolutely where he's heading.

Then he hits UA, and suddenly he finds out he's not as exceptional as he believed himself to be. Not only are there people as good as he is (if not better), one of them's DEKU. So his ego takes a hit and his insecurities get amplified. Which brings us to now. It's an interesting character arc for a archetype that's usually either reformed or crushed by now in most Shonen I've read/seen.

Bakugou is a bully, but not a sociopath; he's of a more believable flavor. He was told all his life that he was an incredible prodigy, which gave him a massive ego, but the expectations also gave him deep insecurities, which he dealt with by pushing around Deku (which, in a world of quirks, is basically all he did; telling Deku to kill himself was way worse than the explosion stuff, that's just like punching in the setting's context). He still wants to be a hero, though. Make no mistake, that's his goal. He's not nearly as noble about it as Deku (he's more about catharsis and status than helping people), but that's absolutely where he's heading.

Then he hits UA, and suddenly he finds out he's not as exceptional as he believed himself to be. Not only are there people as good as he is (if not better), one of them's DEKU. So his ego takes a hit and his insecurities get amplified. Which brings us to now. It's an interesting character arc for a archetype that's usually either reformed or crushed by now in most Shonen I've read/seen.
Though to be clear, Bakugou still really is that great, obviously a humbling was needed/Bakugou needed to recognize that he had to strive harder to stay on top of things and match up to/surpass his classmates, but I love that Horikoshi didn't shy away from firmly making Bakugou exceptional/crushing him.

That's what I loved about the first episode/chapter where so many people were expecting to and wanting to see Bakugou get punked or revealed as a scared weakling, but he ended up actually standing tall against the slime guy, it really bucks conventions.

Thought to be clear, Bakugou still really is that great, obviously a humbling was needed/Bakugou needed to recognize that he had to strive harder to stay on top of things and match up to/surpass his classmates, but I love that Horikoshi didn't shy away from firmly making Bakugou exceptional/crushing him.

That's what I loved about the first episode/chapter where so many people were expecting to and wanting to see Bakugou get punked or revealed as a scared weakling, but he ended up actually standing tall against the slime guy, it really bucks conventions.
p

Yeah, exactly. My go to example of the way characters like Bakugou usually go is the very first baddie in History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi. Before they even get to the Gang stuff there's this one asshole in the karate club who looks and acts super tough but gets taken out after literally the first power up. And you see that all the time! Bully character, seems strong, folds like a house of cards. Bakugou does something really different, which makes him worth keeping around, to me.

It helps that at UA he's treated very differently than he was by that middle school. Nobody's in awe of him, he doesn't get special considerations. The best he can expect from the rest of the class (other than Kirishima and maybe Deku) is grudging respect for his power and skill. They all know he's an asshole and Call him on it.

SalvaPot

A petty purse snatcher was drop kicked by a 100 foot tall woman in the first episode. What do you think they're going to do to the kid pinning quirkless children down and igniting nitroglycerin on them? That's far more villainous behavior. Whether Bakugo wants to be an outcast and a villain isn't up to him after that point. By his actions, he's already more dangerous and villainous and committed similar crimes with most of the super minor villains we've seen. It only makes sense for him to be treated the same way.

I mean he tried to murder Deku during the training exorcise. Even All Might acknowledged that "Don't use that attack you'll kill him" and he laughed it off saying "He'll be fine if he dodges" and did it anyway. How is that not grounds for expulsion right there? Is murder and attempted murder not against the rules at Yuei? Do students routinely make attempts on each other's lives with no repercussions? Bakugo strains the credibility of the series' universe.

This is a recurrent conversation in the manga thread, and it also was in the first season of the anime thread.

TL:DR. He is a shitty person but a very interesting character.

Just to add to the discussion: I don't think Baku targeted Deku because he was quirkless. I think he targeted him because Deku, despite having no abilities, embodied the type of person that Baku knew he himself wasn't. I think Deku was a constant reminder that despite his natural ability, he didn't have the innate drive to act like a true hero.

NSESN

Bakugou is a bad person but a good character. And about why he isn't expelled, if a school like UA can't make someone like him a hero it would be bad for tew hero society as whole.

Puruzi

Banned
Great episode. Seeing Deku's win animated was pure hype. Curious to those bagging on Bakugo...are you current on the manga? I dont want to say too much, but these Bakugo complaints seem like an anime only thing. Might be because the show hasn't had a chance to show all facets of Bakugo's character. He is a better Vegeta, imo.

Give it some time.

Most of the people complaining are anime only yes

Top Bottom