• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

Just finished rushing through Season 1 over the last week, good thing that helped sidestep its noticeable pacing issues to a degree, guess I'll echo the hopes that this season handles that better (especially now I'm caught up to the weekly wait).

Is Birdman going to get a chance to shine?

Asking the right questions, Beaky McBeakFace needs more screen time so that I might actually remember his name.

Kaizer

Banned
Animation is nice but I can't stand this slowness, when the original manga is so fast. I really don't get it, since they aren't even covered 20% of the manga and the anime is divided into seasons.

I'm just skipping through the episode since I know what happens and it's too damn slow to watch normally. Awful shame. Made me want to reread the manga, though.

This episode didn't feel slow at all, it was mostly all manga plot advancement and minimal flashback. As someone who also reads the manga (currently up to Chapter 81), I feel like people are taking the pacing of this series a little too serious. I understand we're all excited to see awesome moments from the manga make it to the screen, especially for this Sports Festival arc, but give the show a chance.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
It's more like some people set some goal they want each episode to reach no matter what and I feel this is why they feel the show is too slow. It harms their enjoyment.
What's funny is that the manga this show most seems to resemble later down the line is Hunter x Hunter. People had the same exact complaints about the chimera ants arc, just because they were excited for all the "cool" parts that were coming up and each slow episode put the goal further away.

People just have no patience. If the quality was bad and it was slowly paced, sure, but if it's all good, enjoy the ride.

Kaizer

Banned
What's funny is that the manga this show most seems to resemble later down the line is Hunter x Hunter. People had the same exact complaints about the chimera ants arc, just because they were excited for all the "cool" parts that were coming up and each slow episode put the goal further away.

People just have no patience. If the quality was bad and it was slowly paced, sure, but if it's all good, enjoy the ride.

And it's funny you say that about the Chimera Ant arc of Hunter x Hunter - as someone who hadn't read any of the manga, I was on the edge of my seat every episode & didn't notice any slow pacing at all.

caliph95

And it's funny you say that about the Chimera Ant arc of Hunter x Hunter - as someone who hadn't read any of the manga, I was on the edge of my seat every episode & didn't notice any slow pacing at all.
Honestly i already read the manga before and was annoyed at t, loved while watching it in anime because i know what to expect plus i binged.

NSESN

Probably my favorite character of the whole 1-A class. A lot of manga readers say that most side-characters get their time on the spotlight for some needed character development, which makes me hopeful for Tokoyami.

Some of my favourite moments are from side characters.

NEO0MJ

PCIH2JH.gif

Midoriya's mom is adorable. Her design really stands out among protag moms as well.

cntr

Banned
It's more like some people set some goal they want each episode to reach no matter what and I feel this is why they feel the show is too slow. It harms their enjoyment.

Man, I thought I talked about this clearly enough, but I guess not.

That has nothing to do with it. The issue is that if the chapter-to-episode count doesn't increase in future episodes, the future arcs will likely have issues. From my perspective, this is a totally reasonable thing to worry about, and I really don't like how you guys are being so dismissive and rude about it.
(Admittedly I got a bit bitter about Season 1, but that's my bad.)

I'm probably going to wait it out to like, episode 6 before catching up, so that I have a general idea of how Season 2's gonna go and can enjoy the episodes without worrying, heh. If Season 2 turns out good after all, I'll be more than happy to eat crow. Getting a good adaptation's worth that.

Jintor

as they say in superannuation, past performance is not necessarily indicative of future performance

more to the point, i'm hopeful the storyboarders know what they're doing. So far this season the additional scenes have been great and largely not as egregious as s1

Man, I thought I talked about this clearly enough, but I guess not.

That has nothing to do with it. The issue is that if the chapter-to-episode count doesn't increase in future episodes, the future arcs will likely have issues. From my perspective, this is a totally reasonable thing to worry about, and I really don't like how you guys are being so dismissive and rude about it.
(Admittedly I got a bit bitter about Season 1, but that's my bad.)

I'm probably going to wait it out to like, episode 6 before catching up, so that I have a general idea of how Season 2's gonna go and can enjoy the episodes without worrying, heh. If Season 2 turns out good after all, I'll be more than happy to eat crow. Getting a good adaptation's worth that.
The problem is that people are complaining now. Saying it should have reached X chapter for their maximum enjoyement. If the episode itself felt slow I wouldn't have made that comment. Fact is this episode's pacing was perfect. Nothing felt dragged out. It's not even a it's ok now, but it needs to go faster later thing.

I mean of course you can be wary of future episode 14 when it will air if you want, but right now it's makes no sense since the episode was on point content wise. I feel that some people are just harming their enjoyment because of said way of thinking.

I mean of course we all want some point animated, but just learn to appreciate the good stuff we have now since it's great.
-------------------------
By the way the extra features on Funimation with thw VAs are really great! I hope you guys watching the dub at least checked them out.

I am not sure if this has been mentioned before but I really appreciate the season 2 opening. All of the males in class 1A are doing yoga poses. I may not know the poses by name yet but I have done those in my yoga classes. I love it.

TheFlow

Banned
Episode 15 was mad hype. Like I know what happens but something about watching this in animation is amazing.

I loved Mineta in episode 15. just perfect.

Is Crunchyroll the only place to stream right now? Really don't feel like signing up and then forgetting to cancel after the season is over.

Again.

TheFlow

Banned
Is Crunchyroll the only place to stream right now? Really don't feel like signing up and then forgetting to cancel after the season is over.

Again.

hulu has been streaming My hero academia, haikyuu, gundam iron blooded orphans, and other great stuff for the longest.

English-subtitled simulcast episodes of the new season will stream on both Crunchyroll and Hulu, which will launch on April 1 along with the English SimulDub™ on FunimationNow as part of the simultaneous premiere with Japan. As part of this announcement, Funimation will now exclusively stream English SimulDub episodes of ”My Hero Academia" Season 2 on FunimationNow while English-subtitled simulcast episodes of the new season will exclusively stream on Hulu and Crunchyroll. As previously revealed, the first six episodes of both the English-subtitled simulcast and English SimulDub will launch on the same day they are broadcast in Japan.

tl'dr: Hulu and crunchyroll both air at the same time. up to where you decide to watch the show.

I actually prefer Hulu because they a larger catalog. Crunchy has more of the new stuff though

hulu has been streaming My hero academia, haikyuu, gundam iron blooded orphans, and other great stuff for the longest.

English-subtitled simulcast episodes of the new season will stream on both Crunchyroll and Hulu, which will launch on April 1 along with the English SimulDub™ on FunimationNow as part of the simultaneous premiere with Japan. As part of this announcement, Funimation will now exclusively stream English SimulDub episodes of “My Hero Academia” Season 2 on FunimationNow while English-subtitled simulcast episodes of the new season will exclusively stream on Hulu and Crunchyroll. As previously revealed, the first six episodes of both the English-subtitled simulcast and English SimulDub will launch on the same day they are broadcast in Japan.

tl'dr: Hulu and crunchyroll both air at the same time. up to where you decide to watch the show.

I actually prefer Hulu because they a larger catalog. Crunchy has more of the new stuff though

Oh, Hulu! Excellent, thought they lost it this seasons for some reason.

My Hero Academia 16
YOOOOOOOOOOOO DEKU!!!!!!!!!! My level of excitement reached MAX this episode! Deku really showed everyone just how awesome he is. I got how you felt All Might, that was great!

MHA's new season is so visually dynamic and full of energy! I'm still shaking!

Also compliation of Bakugo faces!
My Hero Academia episode 16

Show is going at a pretty decent pace this season. Has been a consistent 2 chapters per episode. Really wonder where it's gonna end.
You were saving that gif huh?

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Episodes like this are why I stopped reading shounen manga. Black and white drawings really can't evoke even half the raw emotion of the music, voice acting, animation, and forced pacing of the scene combined. I always end up regretting spoiling the moment for myself by having read it first.

Episodes like this are why I stopped reading shounen manga. Black and white drawings really can't evoke even half the raw emotion of the music, voice acting, animation, and forced pacing of the scene combined. I always end up regretting spoiling the moment for myself by having read it first.
For you.

Chase17

Really fun episode! It does seem silly when they show Deku climbing on the tightrope with a huge piece of metal, but it leads to the hype moment so I don't mind. Mei's showboating/showmanship is great, looking forward to more of that in the next event. Kirishima getting some decent screen time. The narration during the previews has been hilarious so far.

Only complaint about this series is that the intro has Deku in his mask :)

Ascheroth

Really fun episode! It does seem silly when they show Deku climbing on the tightrope with a huge piece of metal, but it leads to the hype moment so I don't mind. Mei's showboating/showmanship is great, looking forward to more of that in the next event. Kirishima getting some decent screen time. The narration during the previews has been hilarious so far.

Only complaint about this series is that the intro has Deku in his mask :)
Don't forget that Deku is riiiiiiipped.

Top Bottom