• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

Maximo

I'm seriously disappointed they did 2 chapters instead of 3, because come on, the next chapter is a great ending point for an episode.

Sounds like it wasn't awful, but that's so discouraging, man.

Dude come on series deserves some criticism but you haven't even watched the episode yet....

cntr

Banned
Dude come on series deserves some criticism but you haven't even watched the episode yet....
Is it really that weird to be worried that they're adapting it so slowly? It might work for the Sports Festival, but it won't work for the arcs after. That's what I'm worried about.

Ascheroth

Is it really that weird to be worried that they're adapting it so slowly? It might work for the Sports Festival, but it won't work for the arcs after. That's what I'm worried about.
The point is, this episode was not slow, despite being "just" 2 chapters. They know what they're doing.

YEa because right now you make no sense. Your random adapt 3 chapters needs are weird and the ending spot of the chapter after you want is better anyway. Volume 3 end on it.

Anyway i'm getting into manga talk which I shouldn't do.

caliph95

Honestly it just two chapters but it felt quick and i can barely feel the padding. It's not like they pulled a season 1 and spend an episode of them on a boat for example, or even episode one where at least a third was recap of stuff we already know.

They did some great anime original moments with Mt. Lady and the training montage. That's what I want.

Also let's all be real here...Kirishima is best bro.

Chase17

Thought this was a great episode. Good to see Bakugou get some screen time, who was hilarious. Funny to see Kirishima and others impressed with Bakugou's words of wisdom. Liked the Deku/Todoroki confrontation. Training montage was nice, and I don't think that was in the manga.

I'll be pulling for the business class to win this tournament. They've got this!

Moaradin

2 chapters an episode + anime original scenes is honestly fine. I think people REALLY want to see certain scenes animated (myself included), but if it can keep this up, I'll be completely fine with the pacing.

Good episode gearing up fully now.
Hope they can keep up the good animation i cant wait till we get further in i already have specific images ready!

They did some great anime original moments with Mt. Lady and the training montage. That's what I want.

Also let's all be real here...Kirishima is best bro.

The mt lady scene with the food stall was actually an extra scene in 1 of the volumes. Cant remember which one but i definitely remember reading it.

Ascheroth

Hope they can keep up the good animation i cant wait till we get further in i already have specific images ready!

The mt lady scene with the food stall was actually an extra scene in 1 of the volumes. Cant remember which one but i definitely remember reading it.
If they already had 10 episodes finished by the time episode 1 started, then yeah I'm pretty confident that they can keep it up.

You are right! It appears at the end of volume 3 as bonus chapter #1. It's a single page gag.

A great feature about Heroism as been posted on CR. It's a great read! And from the way Nick speaks we can expect more!

FEATURE: Why It Works: Shadows Over "My Hero Academia"
Today we'll explore My Hero Academia's shifting thoughts on heroism as the second season begins!

Some quotes.
According to My Hero Academia, the fundamental nature of heroism isn’t just saving others, it’s inspiring others to be heroes as well. All Might performs strength because he knows his image is important - he can’t just get the job done, he must make others believe in the power of heroism. Midoriya initially catches All Might’s eye precisely because he inspires All Might to remember the spirit of heroism - and when Midoriya falters in the U.A. placement exam, it’s the fact that he once again inspired another to action that gets him through. The core of heroism resides in a hero’s ability to make others believe in themselves - to pass on their spirit like One For All, on to the next hero down the line.

There’s a sense of urgency tinting My Hero Academia’s generally optimistic spirit from the new season’s very first episode. While Eraserhead speaks of the sports festival with pride, the fact that the country’s greatest sports event is a clash of teenagers implies the hope of the country rests on shoulders possibly too young to bear it. All Might echoes this concern in his words to Midoriya, urging Midoriya to use the festival to announce himself to the world. Though All Might has been a positive influence in Midoriya’s life, he can’t help burdening his apprentice with his own mammoth responsibilities. Midoriya’s tendency to injure himself while using his power seems like a precise reflection of the burden of impossible responsibility his role model has assigned him.

NEO0MJ

So...R-rated heroes...

Anyways, I'm curious if anyone will actually be moved from the class by the end of this arc to make way for other characters.

Jigolo

Wow. Nice episode, they actually covered two chapters this time. Exciting. Some of the animation was nice in this one too. Can't wait to see some of the later stuff animated.

They're doing a great job at making Todoroki look really powerful. Loved his animations this episode.

Makes me even more excited for what's to come...

47 seconds of pure animation awesomeness!
C83Z0HFUwAAWD0A.jpg

Much much better episode.

The flashbacks were related directly to what Deku realized and were from past episodes/seasons as well as very short and to the point. They also did one of the anime's stronger points which was showing the rest of the class training which is nice to see and have them be involved more. Mt. Lady's interaction was pretty funny too. Bakugo's speech and fallout were handled very well too, especially the dialogue and cut as he was walking back and bumps into Deku.

I forgot how much of a dickbag Todoroki was early on. I hope people don't just write him off considering how quickly he changes.

Not really a fan of the end point either, honestly.

Ashido Levels: Okay, I guess. She got some time. Not enough.

Great episode, this is the MHA that I remember from season 1! The ice wave taking out the robots was awesome.

Mineta would totally have a Mt. Lady poster and figure.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Good episode. Bakuguo was pookie as always. Love the R rated hero. 😍

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I just read that Aizawa's English voice changed.
Alex Organ in Season 1, Christopher Wehkamp in Season 2.
Anyone know why?

Tace

Great Ep, the animation was really fire. Hope that keeps up. A bit sad they didn't get farther in the race, but I'm starting to suspect they will be showing more of Class 1-A in the race than the manga did, so maybe this was the best place to stop

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Animation is nice but I can't stand this slowness, when the original manga is so fast. I really don't get it, since they aren't even covered 20% of the manga and the anime is divided into seasons.

I'm just skipping through the episode since I know what happens and it's too damn slow to watch normally. Awful shame. Made me want to reread the manga, though.

Jotakori

I know it's only two episodes, but I'm honestly feeling a bit bored with this season so far and it's kinda disappointing? :(
It's making me wish I hadn't read the manga, cuz I think this would be much more enjoyable if I didn't know what to expect. And I mean, usually I rewatch/reread stuff a ton and still find things totally enjoyable (such as SnK s2 -- i've read thru these parts of the manga at least twice and it's still absolutely riveting to watch the new season)! But as it is with bnha, I find myself feeling like they're dragging everything out and making a huge Moment out of the smallest of things unnecessarily (yes, Deku, we get it that All Might wants you to tell the world you're here. We were there. Earlier in episode). I mean it's thankfully a lot better than the first episode of the season at least and I do dig the animation a lot, so hopefully it'll pick up as it goes and is just a bit of a slowish start I guess.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I just read that Aizawa's English voice changed.
Alex Organ in Season 1, Christopher Wehkamp in Season 2.
Anyone know why?
Alex Organ seems to have moved onto other forms of acting. He hasn't dubbed anything in about a year.

Maximo

Animation is nice but I can't stand this slowness, when the original manga is so fast. I really don't get it, since they aren't even covered 20% of the manga and the anime is divided into seasons.

I'm just skipping through the episode since I know what happens and it's too damn slow to watch normally. Awful shame. Made me want to reread the manga, though.

Manga is on another level thats for sure never a dull moment.

trejo

So far one thing I'll commend this season for is that in two whole episodes I don't think Midoriya has cried even once! Although it seems they're gonna overcome that requirement by showing us his mom crying instead.

NSESN

MHA is a fast paced manga, so I can understand the disappointment of some. But I think Bones did a good job this episode: 2 adapted chapters, original moments, etc. They even adapted one of the extra stories that you can only see in the volumes.
And the animation is really good so far, you can really see how Shouto is powerful after he freezes the robot.

Ascheroth

MHA is a fast paced manga, so I can understand the disappointment of some. But I think Bones did a good job this episode: 2 adapted chapters, original moments, etc. They even adapted one of the extra stories that you can only see in the volumes.
And the animation is really good so far, you can really see how Shouto is powerful after he freezes the robot.
I posted this in the general anime OT earlier, but if you look back to what happened this episode, you have:

- explanation about how the festival is going to work
- introduction of the other classes at U.A with some select students specifically
- everyone training for 2 weeks
- Todorokis 'declaration of war'
- Pro Heroes enjoying the festival
- opening ceremony
- Bakugou character development
- start of the first event, with everyone using their quirks
- Todoroki being OP

That's a lot that happened. How is this slow?

Glad I never read the manga, I barely see any pacing issues outside of the 1st ep flashback/character reintroductions. I guess not knowing what to expect is a blessing

Glad I never read the manga, I barely see any pacing issues outside of the 1st ep flashback/character reintroductions. I guess not knowing what to expect is a blessing
It's more like some people set some goal they want each episode to reach no matter what and I feel this is why they feel the show is too slow. It harms their enjoyment.

Top Bottom