• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

Ashtar

Is the anime 1:1 to the manga? I saw them at the store and the first episode seemed exactly the same, can I just pick up season 3 of the manga and be up to speed?

Hypron

Is the anime 1:1 to the manga? I saw them at the store and the first episode seemed exactly the same, can I just pick up season 3 of the manga and be up to speed?

Yeah it's almost identical in terms of content. The anime has like 2 filler episodes and a couple of dragged out secondary fights, but the extra scenes don't affect the story at all.

SoulUnison

Banned
I feel vindicated.

When this manga chapter came out I said I felt Bakugou was ridiculously unlikable and bordering nonredeemable for the way he backhands Deku, but everybody responded that it was unintentional and Bakugou just turned quickly and didn't expect Deku to be that close to him. To be fair, this does seem to be the way the manga frames it.

Well, there's no ambiguity in the anime. Bakugou backhands Deku across the face with his giant metal gauntlet for Deku daring to...offer him advice on their situation.

What a damn asshole.

Sami+

Bakugou is a fucking psychopath and easily the best part of the show. Fucking love every scene he's in. 😍

One of the best moments in the whole damn show was when that little smug bitch boy from Class B takes Bakugou's headband only to get fucking SLAMMED and lose all his points because he didn't anticipate his raw power and tenacity. And peeps over here saying this motherfucker is like Sasuke. lol.

Sasuke is the epitome of the "hmph, I don't care about anything because I'm better than everyone. Hmph. *Hair swoosh*" archetype. Sasuke fucking sucks. If anything Bakugou is the classic loud, boisterous, and joy to watch literally blasting a hole in a motherfucker's torso Vegeta reincarnated and it's amazing. Not even Vegeta is that Vegeta anymore.

Also this episode was rad and way better than last week's. WOOOOOOOO

Bakugou is a fucking psychopath and easily the best part of the show. Fucking love every scene he's in. 😍

One of the best moments in the whole damn show was when that little smug bitch boy from Class B takes Bakugou's headband only to get fucking SLAMMED and lose all his points because he didn't anticipate his raw power and tenacity. And peeps over here saying this motherfucker is like Sasuke. lol.

Sasuke is the epitome of the "hmph, I don't care about anything because I'm better than everyone. Hmph. *Hair swoosh*" archetype. Sasuke fucking sucks. If anything Bakugou is the classic loud, boisterous, and joy to watch literally blasting a hole in a motherfucker's torso Vegeta reincarnated and it's amazing. Not even Vegeta is that Vegeta anymore.

Also this episode was rad and way better than last week's. WOOOOOOOO
Sasuke is an empathetic person, his first major action in the series was slamming Sakura for making fun of Naruto for being an orphan.

Sami+

Sasuke is an empathetic person, his first major action in the series was slamming Sakura for making fun of Naruto for being an orphan.

Yeah I know I just like shitting on Sasuke because 90% of the time he's the angsty myserious cool boy in the back of the class who's too cool for school regardless of his ok moments

Also he stole Lee's signature move

fuck Sasuke tbh

pre-timeskip his development is fine and he's fine I guess but fuck me man that character archetype just annoys the daylight out of me

I like when Vegeta blows people up in early DBZ

NSESN

After today, my biggest fear is that MHA gets the same treatment as OPM and changes studios. I don't care if S3 is 2019 only just confirm it.

Jintor

I feel vindicated.

When this manga chapter came out I said I felt Bakugou was ridiculously unlikable and bordering nonredeemable for the way he backhands Deku, but everybody responded that it was unintentional and Bakugou just turned quickly and didn't expect Deku to be that close to him. To be fair, this does seem to be the way the manga frames it.

Well, there's no ambiguity in the anime. Bakugou backhands Deku across the face with his giant metal gauntlet for Deku daring to...offer him advice on their situation.

What a damn asshole.

i was surprised too. I looked back at the manga and I think the panel is clearly framed as Bakugou being surprised that he just did what he did and then rolling with it. But the anime is pretty unambiguous.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I know I just like shitting on Sasuke because 90% of the time he's the angsty myserious cool boy in the back of the class who's too cool for school regardless of his ok moments

Also he stole Lee's signature move

fuck Sasuke tbh

I never got this vibe from him in the OG series mainly because of his tragic backstory. I'm sure if that happened to anyone they'd be extremely closed off and angry/revenge driven. It's not his fault all of the girls there liked him for that 'fuck off' attitude.

After today, my biggest fear is that MHA gets the same treatment as OPM and changes studios. I don't care if S3 is 2019 only just confirm it.
I want to say that even back in Season 1, the president of Bones talked about wanting MHA to be a staple series for for the studio that would continue at a somewhat regular rate. Now that Season 2 has had better ratings than Season 1, I doubt he would want to lose the rights to the series.

One of the reasons for the OPM staff switch seems to be that a lot of the staff members of Season 1 were still busy with various projects. If Bones keeps a team scheduled to work on future MHA seasons, that type of issue should be less likely.

I want to say that even back in Season 1, the president of Bones talked about wanting MHA to be a staple series for for the studio that would continue at a somewhat regular rate. Now that Season 2 has had better ratings than Season 1, I doubt he would want to lose the rights to the series..

Where did the president say this? Is it really their decision?

Sorry if this is a repeated question, but the anime will stop at which chapter of the manga? I'd like to start reading from the point where the anime will stop.

I want to say that the Bones president mentioned viewing MHA as a long-term commitment in one of the special features for the Season 1 blu-ray, but it has been a bit since I watched that.

I love Bakugo but that episode got me feelin' p annoyed with him. I can't wait for this dude to develop past his angsty pride and start embracing his true potential.

Bakugo jpn voice gets annoying to listen to after awhile because hes always like that, at least in reading the manga or even in the eng dub, it doesnt sound as annoying. Odd.,

Definitely prefer engdub Midoriya, his jpn voice actor is alright I just wished he used one of his other chara voices for him.

Jintor

Put it on 1.5x speed.

honestly, i really hate that youtube video essay culture has taken over these days. I get you gotta do stuff for the clicks but it's such an inefficient format.

jpn deku is honestly pretty good i thought? i haven't listened to dub though.

"Hero Aca"

Nope.

Nope nope nope nope.

And dub Deku is pretty good. Sounds a little too old and overplays the awkward angle, but does a good job. I'm surprised that Sabat isn't hamming it up more as All Might though. He sounds more angry than JUSTICE to me, I don't know! I thought his Armstrong from Full Metal with a few kinks would be a perfect fit.

But Sub Deku has got the range down. I especially like the panic / stress he puts into the post-Ochaco talks about how close she gets. Like on the phone call after the Stain fight. Too cute.

NSESN

"Hero Aca"

Nope.

Nope nope nope nope.

And dub Deku is pretty good. Sounds a little too old and overplays the awkward angle, but does a good job. I'm surprised that Sabat isn't hamming it up more as All Might though. He sounds more angry than JUSTICE to me, I don't know! I thought his Armstrong from Full Metal with a few kinks would be a perfect fit.

But Sub Deku has got the range down. I especially like the panic / stress he puts into the post-Ochaco talks about how close she gets. Like on the phone call after the Stain fight. Too cute.
Hero Aca is the official nickname tho, just check all of the anime social media outlets.
Sub Deku problem is that the text makes Deku too whiney and the voice actor doesn't help to change the feeling. The dub makes Deku seems less fragile.

Neoxon

Going by the video, Tyler Johnson put it best. Without All Might, English Deku would have probably become Batman & Japanese Deku may have died.

I always saw Deku as someone who fought adversity to chase after his dreams & has a clear image of what he wants in his mind, which the dub captures perfectly (& the video described that fact perfectly).

SalvaPot

Thank god we don't have a shit dub, that is the best we could hope for.

The mere fact that we can discuss what version is better means both are pretty good.

I feel Dub All Might is better.

Lakuza

I watched the subs first so for me I can't watch with the dubs now. If I had watched the dub first it might have been the other way around.

But with dubs, I don't like when certain voices make characters seem way older than they are and I find all mights captain quark voice irritating. But like i said, I feel this way because I watched with the Japanese voices first so their voice overs feel right to me (and the dub for this one is pretty good compared to usual dubs in anime so I can see why people prefer the dubs).

Top Bottom