• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Really like both of these.

https://twitter.com/ao1_bmbm/status/851492512019632129
7048db5ff695ce9bf13e05c771ef1553.jpg

https://twitter.com/emi76non/status/851865278401007617
a3fea4ae3a58304973e0d353e4cfd362.jpg

caliph95

yeah caught that too unless we are doing a reverse dbz

Too bad for suneater they're implying he is out of commission for a while.

Looks bakugou isn't happy to be left behind lol

We also see some potential cool heroes or sidekicks at the end

cntr

Banned
after reading the Viz translation... boy does this translation feel ROUGH. like, jeez.

I'm sure they missed some details, but nice bit of worldbuilding having the guy use a cheapo version of the drug.

appreciate the dumb totoro reference too

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Great chapter

lol at America making the best quirk roids.

The Deku Red Riot Uravity Froppy group is happening

Told you, the best chapters are always the ones that focus on the extended cast. Really glad that Tsuyu is hopefully getting some more time to shine.

Also Dragon Lady and her sidekicks mmmf

TheFlow

Banned
So whose quirk does everyone want the most?

I have really grown fond of the hardening quirk just because it is so practical. Survive bullets, blunt attacks, and big falls.

He is like Luke cage

caliph95

So on the new characters, we got Dragon Lady's ninja sidekick Ayane, fatgum has Taokaka as a sidekick and some bug/crustacean guy

cntr

Banned
momo's feels like the most useful, but ochako's seems like it'd be the most fun

...would mean you could never go to sleep without a pair of gloves, though.

Meffer

I want wind powers. Being able to fly and do all kinds of cool stuff like vacuums, and wind impacts. My name would be Bloody Breeze.

caliph95

I thought he attacked that sort of metal thing that holds the mist together?
IIRC He did but he also figured that he was using the mist to hide his real body as a distraction. He also pointed out at least in the dub he wouldn't have been wearing the metal thing if he didn't have a body to protect.

I think Black Mist has something of a body, but not like a full human body under the mist. I believe that's what they were saying in that Chapter where Bakugou was explaining how he figured him out. Like he still has a "core" in order to keep the mist out and about and it's where his collar is as that stays fixed as opposed to the rest of him which he can spread and be shapeless/formless at will.

I might be wrong though because that paper hero and All For One both hit something when they touched him with their powers.

cntr

Banned
I think it's either he has a "core" physical body that's always covered up by the mist, or he has an actual human body that he keeps covered up for whatever reason.

It'd be awesome if they fought him and were like "Finally we've sealed your powers!" and the mist goes away and underneath he's just a ripped MMA master and he fucks them all up

I mean to be fair, he did get blindsided by a dude who exploded into him and was pressed down from behind by his neck to the ground with a hand over him that literally shoots explosions.

Moaradin

The anime is right on track to finish the Sports Festival in 12 episodes. At the current rate, it will look like:

Episode 4 - cavalry battle part 1
Episode 5 - cavalry battle part 2
Episode 6 - start of the one-on-one battles and beginning of Deku vs Shinso
Episode 7 - rest of Shinso fight and Todoroki build-up
Episode 8 - Bakugo vs Ochako
Episode 9 - Deku vs Todoroki part 1
Episode 10 - Deku vs Todoroki part 2
Episode 11 - miscellaneous battles and Stain setup
Episode 12 - Bakugo vs Todoroki and the end of the Sports Festival

Though I'm interested to see how the rest of the season plays out. The Stain stuff won't be enough to fit 12/13 episodes, but I don't know a good place to end it outside of the All for One reveal.

Chase17

They should make a cliffhanger of when Deku runs into Tomura at the mall. Not sure they can reach that point though.

It's not really a great stopping point, but maybe it could trick people into thinking it is one lol

cntr

Banned
Spreading Deku vs Todoroki over two episodes would be way too much. It's three chapters long, and half action.

They're either going end at an awkward point or somehow actually get all the way to Kamino Ward, natch.

Moaradin

The bulk of it will be in episode 10. It will probably start right at the end of episode 9 as the cliffhanger.

I don't think there's any way it gets to Kamino Ward at this point. They'd have to really rush through Stain and the arcs afterwards for that to work.

cntr

Banned
I'm hoping all this pacing is early episode weirdness and they do actually make the right decision to end at Kamino Ward, but yeah, I doubt it too.

There's only one chapter between Ochako vs. Bakugou and Deku vs. Todoroki, and most of it is the denouement of the fight. It'd make a lot more sense to cover Bakugou and Ochako's fight as the beginning of the episode, end the episode with Deku giving Endeavor a burn, and have the entire fight in the following episode.

The anime is right on track to finish the Sports Festival in 12 episodes. At the current rate, it will look like:

Episode 4 - cavalry battle part 1
Episode 5 - cavalry battle part 2
Episode 6 - start of the one-on-one battles and beginning of Deku vs Shinso
Episode 7 - rest of Shinso fight and Todoroki build-up
Episode 8 - Bakugo vs Ochako
Episode 9 - Deku vs Todoroki part 1
Episode 10 - Deku vs Todoroki part 2
Episode 11 - miscellaneous battles and Stain setup
Episode 12 - Bakugo vs Todoroki and the end of the Sports Festival

Though I'm interested to see how the rest of the season plays out. The Stain stuff won't be enough to fit 12/13 episodes, but I don't know a good place to end it outside of the All for One reveal.
The pacing has been pretty good for the sports festival so far. The 2 chapter format has been pretty on point. Any end of chapter is a good ending point imo. I'm expecting some fights in the tournament to be extended upon too, like Kirishima vs TetsuTetsu.

I like how visually dynamic and full of detailed character animation this new season is so far. BONES doing great work.

I think they could probably end it with Bakugou getting kidnapped if they expand the forest training arc a little, which would be a welcome addition. It'd also probably produce a ton of hilarious reactions from the anime-only crowd, which would be a plus in my book.

Ascheroth

I think they could probably end it with Bakugou getting kidnapped if they expand the forest training arc a little, which would be a welcome addition. It'd also probably produce a ton of hilarious reactions from the anime-only crowd, which would be a plus in my book.
"He's definitely going to become a villain, isn't he. What a Naruto rip-off, Bakugou just became another Sasuke."

cntr

Banned
I'm assuming Bones aren't stupid, aren't restrained by exec decisions, don't plan to stretch or mispace anything, and have the season planned out. Which, given that they had episode 20 ready in January, they probably do.

If we assume episode 1 being so recap heavy was a side-effect of S1's unpopular reception in Japan and the move to a new timeslot, episode 2 and 3 covering relatively little follows from that, given how dialogue heavy they are, and having a good episode 3 endpoint. Given that the following chapters are action-heavy instead, they can push chapter/episode count up, and hopefully they do. Same logic applies to the Stain, End of Term, and Forest Lodge arcs. They have a lot of action-heavy quick chapters to take advantage of.

Ending on Bakugou getting kidnapped is a terrible idea. Season 3 would begin at an awkward point, and you'd have to wait a long time to have enough chapters to adapt Season 3 anyway. It's the worst of both worlds.

...also I'm pretty sure you're a masochist, Poodlestrike, because "Bakugou is Sasuke 2.0!" is the opposite of hilarious :T

Top Bottom