• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

cntr

Banned
Making some assumptions, the darts probably can't suppress mutation-type quirks. But they, like Aizawa's quirk, would suppress active abilities.

So Tsuyu would still be a frog, but she wouldn't be able to turn invisible.

WarRock

Did any one in the thread mention that Suneater is basically Terumi from Blazblue? Thought Horikoshi was risking being sued when Suneater activated his quirk, but then I saw he was using tentacles and not snakes.

caliph95

Did any one in the thread mention that Suneater is basically Terumi from Blazblue? Thought Horikoshi was risking being sued when Suneater activated his quirk, but then I saw he was using tentacles and not snakes.
215sLYB.png

I guess Tamaki can use his quirk again, no point being at the meetup otherwise. Hopefully its shown or explicitly stated so my fears can be put to rest.

Kirishima full out quirk is really ugly. Like his character but not a good or appealing quirk. I wonder which character next will receive their big fight, hes kind of on his second big moment, Kaminari next I hope? Or maybe Todoroki, things have been quiet on his front for many chapters now.

Great Kaminari, its that time of year again, hype.
C9gJgZ-UIAESHXz.jpg:large

cntr

Banned
Next Class A member to get a big developement moment is definitely either Tsuyu or Ochako.
I'm 95% sure that this we're going to get Ochako's backstory and "origin" chapter this arc. Tsuyu and Kirishima are going to get the proper beginnings of their arcs, and we'll also get Kirishima's backstory.

cntr

Banned
We haven't gotten the details, and we haven't gotten the chapter titled "Uraraka Ochako: The Origin". That's what we'll get this arc.

Bowl0l

We haven't gotten the details, and we haven't gotten the chapter titled "Uraraka Ochako: The Origin". That's what we'll get this arc.
I don't want Uraraka the Origin. I will prefer the continuation of Uravity heroic deeds just like last chapter.

Edited:
Should be chapter 131.

I'm 95% sure that this we're going to get Ochako's backstory and "origin" chapter this arc. Tsuyu and Kirishima are going to get the proper beginnings of their arcs, and we'll also get Kirishima's backstory.
I really hope we get something along those lines. This sounds great.

Here we go again with the Bakugou hate, he is just misunderstood. I cant wait for the anime to get to the parts where clarity is offered for Bakugo which paints him in a very positive and warming light.

Chase17

I wouldn't blame anyone watching the anime for not liking Bakugou at this point. I didn't really like him at this point but he became one of my favorite characters.

I think a good moment is when he compliments Uraraka after her fight in the tournament. I think it was something like "there's nothing helpless about her" but can't really remember.

cntr

Banned
I wouldn't blame anyone watching the anime for not liking Bakugou at this point. I didn't really like him at this point but he became one of my favorite characters.

I think a good moment is when he compliments Uraraka after her fight in the tournament. I think it was something like "there's nothing helpless about her" but can't really remember.
When the chapters came out, I remember being surprised that Bakugou was being written as he was. A typical shounen would either gloss over his issues or write him off unconditionally, not do the nuanced thing this series does.

That isn't obvious at the point the anime's at, so I get people assuming otherwise.

I'm sure nobody in the anime thread is going to expect Deku to turn into the madman he is either. Or how he and Todoroki are going to shit on the Sasukes of the world forever.

Ascheroth

Yeah, Bakugou is a really good character with a very interesting development.

I'm soooooo looking forward to anime-only reactions to Bakugou vs. Uraraka.

This feels like a good opportunity to segue into a discussion of how awesome Ochako is tbh. Seriously, what a great character. Especially if you're judging her by Shonen love interest standards.

cntr

Banned
This feels like a good opportunity to segue into a discussion of how awesome Ochako is tbh. Seriously, what a great character. Especially if you're judging her by Shonen love interest standards.
Ochako's character hasn't reached her full potential yet, but all the pieces are in place to make her amazing. Especially if you read between the lines. Excited (and a little nervous) to see how Horikoshi sticks the landing this arc.

I still want to people to see the scene of Bakugo calling the villains losers just for the people calling Bakugo sasuke
same.

Ochako's character hasn't reached her full potential yet, but all the pieces are in place to make her amazing. Especially if you read between the lines. Excited (and a little nervous) to see how Horikoshi sticks the landing this arc.
See, I think she's already pretty fantastic. Even if she hasn't had a major on screen "woo awesome" moment like Kirishima just got, she's a very well built character with solid motivations, backstory, and characterization.

cntr

Banned
See, I think she's already pretty fantastic. Even if she hasn't had a major on screen "woo awesome" moment like Kirishima just got, she's a very well built character with solid motivations, backstory, and characterization.
Oh, definitely. She's the best.

cntr

Banned
Didn't Uraraka got voted as the worst shonen heroine a while ago
Yes, on a Japanese internet poll. Which got 250 votes total. On a poll that let you pick multiple choices. And it was on a 2ch-derivative troll website.

so of course someone posted it to reddit and forgot to mention that it was a shitpost poll, lol.

caliph95

I mean i still love him getting shit on and screwing up, i went from outright hating him and begrudgingly accepting he's well written to find him sort of endearing in his own way

Mei is easily best girl, every other answer is wrong.
-------------------------------------------
Just got the My Hero Academia Limited edititon and the extra content is really nice.
cb88d9b2d0e6b3248fc3e4f5cc09600c.jpg

The notebook is a pretty normal notebook until we reach the MIDDLE!
259fee659f503296dbce37fa1fb425fb.jpg

The art book has tons of sketches for every character that appeared in season 1
69a214bfa819f4092451750bbfa9bd2e.jpg

Also it's more of a first for me for a FUNimation release but, the blu-ray box has an extra disc just for extras and from the description there is tons of extra stuff.(3 hours)

The art on the discs are also really really cool and are the japanese BD covers.

Really happy with that release.

There is also a key-chain, but let's just forget it exist.

Nightbird

Ochako is great because contrary to most other shounen heroines, she's trying to pull her own weight. Very early on she tried to fight independently, and still doing so.

She's an impressive girl with Goals she wants to achieve, no matter what.

She's great.

caliph95

We should make a law about anime and waifus like godwin's law:
"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of waifu wars increases"

Top Bottom