• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Ochako is great because contrary to most other shounen heroines, she's trying to pull her own weight. Very early on she tried to fight independently, and still doing so.

She's an impressive girl with Goals she wants to achieve, no matter what.

She's great.

That amazing moment when she refuses to read Deku's strategy notes for the Bakugou fight.

Jintor

That amazing moment when she refuses to read Deku's strategy notes for the Bakugou fight.

hell she nearly beats him too

it's also an amazing character moment for bakugou because you realise that him being a caustic asshole to her is his way of saying she's a worthy opponent that he has to take seriously

well, it's also him being a caustic asshole, but still

cntr

Banned
it might be vanilla but deku and ochako are still my two favorite characters

(though it's hard to decide beyond that)

Moaradin

I recently read that part again and it's still amazing. Crazy that Deku vs Todoroki happens right afterwards as well. Gonna be a really great stretch of episodes in the anime.

SalvaPot

I recently read that part again and it's still amazing. Crazy that Deku vs Todoroki happens right afterwards as well. Gonna be a really great stretch of episodes in the anime.

Yep, I was a bit disappointed by Todoroki vs Bakugou, but I can't remember exactly why. I have to read it again, but I'll wait for the anime first.

Yep, I was a bit disappointed by Todoroki vs Bakugou, but I can't remember exactly why. I have to read it again, but I'll wait for the anime first.
It was barely a fight. Todoroki wasn't even paying attention, he was still absorbing Deku's advice, and Bakugou can tell. It's why he's so pissed at the end.

Moaradin

Deku vs. Todoroki served as the big climax of the arc so I'm fine with how Todoroki vs. Bakugo ended up. Plus, having Bakugo not satisfied with his win is a good bit of development for him.

cntr

Banned
It was pretty clever. It throws Bakugou off, leads into Todoroki settling things with his mom, and establishes to the audience that the tournament wasn't about the tournament.

Deku vs. Todoroki is the real climax of the arc.

Crocodile

heroes_by_redblacktac-db508ta.jpg

Source

If fan art is to be a thing on a regular basis, let us lean back on the near-smut versions, at least image posting within thread. The lines can get crossed pretty easily and I don't want that to happen here. There have already been a few complaints.

I've gone back through the last few pages and most of what's posted is fine, so don't think you can't post fan art.

WarRock

You know what this series is missing? A thief character pulling off weird heists and smuggling with his quirk. We don't have any recurrent, not-that-big-time-or-at-least-not-murderous villain in the world at large.

Would be fun seeing from time to time the students reading or watching the news about how Endeavor or whoever got "that guy" again and he escaped at the last moment, or nobody noticed the crime until it was done.

cntr

Banned
Can our intrepid heroes chase down master thief Arsène Lupin III?

Find out next week, on an all new episode of My Hero Academia!

klaushm

You know what this series is missing? A thief character pulling off weird heists and smuggling with his quirk. We don't have any recurrent, not-that-big-time-or-at-least-not-murderous villain in the world at large.

Would be fun seeing from time to time the students reading or watching the news about how Endeavor or whoever got "that guy" again and he escaped at the last moment, or nobody noticed the crime until it was done.

The spin-off(Vigilante - My Hero Academia Illegals) would be a perfect place for it.

Don't know how much you are into the spin-off, but there is already a common story shared by them that started there.

WarRock

The spin-off(Vigilante - My Hero Academia Illegals) would be a perfect place for it.

Don't know how much you are into the spin-off, but there is already a common story shared by them that started there.
I... actually forgot about it. Read the debut chapter, enjoyed it, but then life got in the way and Illegals just vaporized from my mind. Will catch up in the next few days, thanks for the reminder.

caliph95

Spoilers for upcoming chapter

If the spoilers are right they confirmed that Overhauls quirk is deconstruction and reconstruction and that's what they are doing to Eri to get the quirk bullets

Also it seems the dart does work on mutant types, we see a picture of ojiro being unable to use his quirk as an example. So if it means what i think it means it wouldn't get rid of the mutation but will paralyse it.

Meffer

Spoilers for upcoming chapter

If the spoilers are right they confirmed that Overhauls quirk is deconstruction and reconstruction and that's what they are doing to Eri to get the quirk bullets

Also it seems the dart does work on mutant types, we see a picture of ojiro being unable to use his quirk as an example. So if it means what i think it means it wouldn't get rid of the mutation but will paralyse it.
That's still very deadly.

caliph95

Somehow i think drugs and quirks are a bad combination, i'm just imaging All might and Deku or Endevour and Todoroki being drunk or high

So from what I'm getting about the difference between Aizawa's quirk and the bullet, I'm guessing that repeated exposure to the drug could make someone entirely quirkless, though it might need to be repeated exposure before it recovers rather than repeated exposure over any amount of time

caliph95

So from what I'm getting about the difference between Aizawa's quirk and the bullet, I'm guessing that repeated exposure to the drug could make someone entirely quirkless, though it might need to be repeated exposure before it recovers rather than repeated exposure over any amount of time
Yeah it seems if you don't have time to recover it can remove your quirk for good. Also it can apparently affect mutant types since it attacks the quirk itself not like Aizawa who just stop them from activating. Also did anybody caught the look the heroes gave Aizawa when they mentioned the bullets lol.

It's great superior Sasuke is back in action

Also that black dude was an asshole

SoulUnison

Banned
So how extreme are the "restorative" powers of Overhaul?
Because the more powerful that Quirk is, the darker this whole implication gets for Eri.
The absolute worst would be if it can actually "restore life."

From the bandages, the scars and the room we saw in Ch. 129 I imagine they're basically bleeding the girl dry and then using Overhaul to restore her blood supply?
And the full-limb and possibly full-body bandages are because they've been doing this so long and had to move needle sites so many times?

EDIT: Can Overhaul split an item in half and then "restore" the two halves, giving him two of the object, I wonder?

cntr

Banned
So, like, did this chapter imply that Eri is actually Overhaul's daughter? That she has the quirk she does because it's a variation on his quirk?

...also I just noticed, the translators didn't realize "plus alpha" is a general Japanese Engrish word for "add something extra", and didn't translate it, lol. Definitely gotta read the Viz version.

Ferulci

Very good chapter
- Suneater getting his power back
- The page where Mirio/Deku realize what is really happening (and how close they were to die) is awesome.

ionitron

Yo that new chapter -puts hand over heart-

Since I read threads backwards for no apparent reason to quote something from a few pages back:
tumblr_oog5lhoRP21qf5hjqo1_500.gif

Also Todoroki forever number 2 in everything

You know, this might come across as silly but I love how Deku isn't like, super happy about being number 1, and the reactions of Todoroki and Bakugou seem to be disappointment and obviously anger. Obviously 2 and 3 wouldn't be super happy but when I saw this gif the first thing in my mind was "Man, if this was Naruto, Deku would have a suppperrrr wide smile"

I don't know, it kind of just made me think that this is as much a story about Deku's interactions with other students as it is about Deku himself? It's almost like it downplayed his reaction in order to highlight Todoroki's and Bakugou's.

That entire page where Deku and Mirio connected the dots was so damn good.

It was awesome. Really conveyed the severity of their actions + their feelings on the matter.

cntr

Banned
I don't know, it kind of just made me think that this is as much a story about Deku's interactions with other students as it is about Deku himself? It's almost like it downplayed his reaction in order to highlight Todoroki's and Bakugou's.
Yeah, I've always read the series as being about characters and relationships above all. Like when All Might retired, we went directly to All Might and Deku meeting up on the beach. They skipped right over the effects it had on the world and went straight to the character interactions.

It's nice.

Top Bottom