• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

The og Naruto is pretty amazing in terms of fights yea, but when talking fights in shippuden you have quite a few amazing ones too. Hidan vs Asuma, Jiraiya vs Pain, Sasuke va Killerbee etc etc.

cntr

Banned
sasuke vs. killer bee was pretty good, but it followed itachi vs. sasuke, which was budget-y as fuck for the entire first half.

it's weird.

Have you gotten to the best fight in anime ever
not yet
though I know about the roadrunner incident

(also I read the manga version of that arc as it was running)

TheFlow

Banned
The og Naruto is pretty amazing in terms of fights yea, but when talking fights in shippuden you have quite a few amazing ones too. Hidan vs Asuma, Jiraiya vs Pain, Sasuke va Killerbee etc etc.

Og is one of the GOATS, second part has some cool moments too but is a letdown coming from a long time manga reader.

Og is one of the GOATS, second part has some cool moments too but is a letdown coming from a long time manga reader.
I get chills from that Zabuza last stand everytime with that heartbreaking Naruto speach just before. Just too good.

Also Naruto vs Sasuke and Gaara vs Lee are easily GOAT anime fight moments.

All that to say I trust Pierrot with doing good on Black Clover lol

TheFlow

Banned
I get chills from that Zabuza last stand everytime with that heartbreaking Naruto speach just before. Just too good.

top 10 easily till this day.

I love all the fights in part 1 tbh.

Nightbird

Kakashi vs Obito is one of the most beautiful fight scenes I've ever seen in anime.

It almost made me want to watch the Naruto anime again.

cntr

Banned
random thought: if you had a Noumu who managed to maintain (some of) their mind, you'd have Venom.

(and knowing what kind of dork Horikoshi is, he'd want that.)

cntr

Banned
speaking of, shigaraki:

57055483_p0fqze3.png

57381135_p4babe0.png

57381135_p5mpzpv.png

57381135_p62mzlh.png

57381135_p18tuxn5.png

57381135_p19x2ye7.png

and a bonus image

cntr

Banned
Ashido and Kirishima went to the same middle school, so if we get any flashbacks from him, maybe she'll show up and that'll lead up into her getting focus next arc.

Jintor

so i reread MHA over the last few days because I'd actually forgotten what plot hooks were still dangling.

The main one I think is what Toga has planned with her quirk and Deku's blood, but there's all sorts of little things still left over that I nearly completely forgot about like the supposed UA Mole (I still think there is no mole or it's some kind of quirk thing, but there's really no evidence either way)

I have to say on rereading it I really appreciate the way Horishiki built up the Baku/Deku fight, at first it seems like Baku's just doing his Baku thing but he found a really good and believable way for Baku to link it back to his own complex about All-Might and justify why Baku would spill his guts to Deku as well.

shingi70

Banned
I just caught up to the current chapter and this is in the top five ongoing comics I've currently reading.

The fight between All Might and All for one have me serious death of Superman vibes, sacrificing everything against an impossible foe.

The big three are supposed to be references to the big three of anime/manga correct. I originally pegged them as the DC big three, but anime makes more sense.

cntr

Banned
The main one I think is what Toga has planned with her quirk and Deku's blood, but there's all sorts of little things still left over that I nearly completely forgot about like the supposed UA Mole (I still think there is no mole or it's some kind of quirk thing, but there's really no evidence either way)
Toga having Deku's blood is gonna take a long-ass time to resolve, since it'll probably tie into the Prison Break arc.

I think the upcoming big things are: what's going on with Ochako and how she'll resolve that, Kirishima and Tsuyu getting their own arcs properly kicked off, and Deku realizing that he should be his own kind of hero instead of trying to be another All Might.
The big three are supposed to be references to the big three of anime/manga correct. I originally pegged them as the DC big three, but anime makes more sense.
Nah, they're definitely a joke on the DC main three.

I just caught up to the current chapter and this is in the top five ongoing comics I've currently reading.

The fight between All Might and All for one have me serious death of Superman vibes, sacrificing everything against an impossible foe.

I'd say DC makes more sense, honestly. If only because the DC Trinity is also 2 dudes and 1 woman.

Jintor

uh curlyhair is nothing like wondy.

i guess maybe if you blow out naivitey for the real world out or something but... nah

cntr

Banned
ok yeah it doesn't work with hadou/wonder woman, but amakiji/batman and mirio/superman definitely do.

(unless hadou has a wonder woman thing we haven't seen yet)

caliph95

Only that Amajiki being a brooding loner like Batman, though for different reasons and different attitudes. Mirio is also only superficially similar to superman in that they share the same archetype like Emo elf and batman.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I caught up with the manga, good stuff. I'm glad it avoided common shonen tropes, at least so far, like a rescue arc and the rival going over to the badguys. In fact, I'm starting to get around Bakugo as a character.

Also it's nice to see the relationships established early on and to have them develop naturally throughout the manga. I'm mostly talking about Uraraka and Deku, it helps that she is extremely likeable and that she treated Deku well from the very beginning, instead of treating him like shit and then later on realizing she has feelings for him.

but to me the highlight of the manga is the relationship of Deku and All Might, that master/disciple relationship is done extremely fucking well in this manga. The scene when he goes to visit Deku after fighting
All for One and retiring from the hero spotlight
got me legit teared up as the scene where he
convinces Deku mom to allow Deku to go to UA

I'm seriously not looking forward to the moment where
All Might dies
if it ever comes, of course, it would absolutely wreck me.

caliph95

An amusing chapter of vigilante is up
I caught up with the manga, good stuff. I'm glad it avoided common shonen tropes, at least so far, like a rescue arc and the rival going over to the badguys. In fact, I'm starting to get around Bakugo as a character.

Also it's nice to see the relationships established early on and to have them develop naturally throughout the manga. I'm mostly talking about Uraraka and Deku, it helps that she is extremely likeable and that she treated Deku well from the very beginning, instead of treating him like shit and then later on realizing she has feelings for him.

but to me the highlight of the manga is the relationship of Deku and All Might, that master/disciple relationship is done extremely fucking well in this manga. The scene when he goes to visit Deku after fighting
All for One and retiring from the hero spotlight
got me legit teared up as the scene where he
convinces Deku mom to allow Deku to go to UA

I'm seriously not looking forward to the moment where
All Might dies
if it ever comes, of course, it would absolutely wreck me.
Nice to heat new people here would like to hear more of your thoughts

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
An amusing chapter of vigilante is up

Nice to heat new people here would like to hear more of your thoughts

Thanks, but check the first few pages of the thread, been there since the beginning brah :p

I stopped reading around the boot camp arc, then pick it up again this month.

The thing about All Might dying is that they've passed up so many death flag opportunities that I have no idea how they'd even handle it. The blaze of glory thing made the most sense, but we're post kamino ward now and nada. Feels like uncharted territory.

cntr

Banned
All Might will survive every death flag and then die of his injuries and old age in a bed when Deku's an adult, after the series continues beyond UA.

;_;

Moaradin

I can totally see All Might having an unceremonious and anticlimactic death. That would be even more tragic in a lot of ways.

And I definitely thing it's happening sooner rather than later.

cntr

Banned
I'm expecting the next series of arcs to build up to a Prison Break arc and Shigaraki inheriting All for One, like how everything before built up to the fight at Kamino Ward.

If All Might dies or not, we'll find out there.

cntr

Banned
I'm waiting to see what Horikoshi comes up with for Ochako's redesigned outfit given how cool Deku and Shigaraki ended up being.

caliph95

Since someone needs to be Ray Down here
Spoilers:

Title is "Imprisoned Girl"
Fatgum and Gran Torino say they have to be 100% sure that this mission can be successful, as they all aren't All Might and there is the danger of losing their quirks which could, like the Stain incident, lead to more publicity for the villains and make everything worse
Aizawa interrupts, because he wants to know more about Nighteye's quirk
Nighteye can only look every 24 hours into a person's future. Once he looks into someone's future he has to wait these 24 hours until he can look into that person's future again. That means everyday he can only look once into everyone's future.
Aizawa tells Deku he knows that Deku trusts him even after all that happened in the camp and he wants to make sure that this trust is rightful
Eri thinks about Deku, about how until she met him nobody ever touched her head like that

cntr

Banned
Not much to comment on, but good transition chapter.

Felt like the translation was missing a lot of nuance, but the important stuff still comes through.

Jintor

Had to reread Eraserheads pep talk to figure out his angle.

He's a good sensei.

Also good to see the other big three members b backing up mirio when the chips were down.

I ever what Lucio's quirk is.

Top Bottom