• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

caliph95

It not just that i think it was Nighteye or another hero who suggested that she possibly was deconstructed and reconstructed in order to make the bullets. If it was just blood transfusion Mirio and Deku wouldn't be as pissed off as they were

cntr

Banned
Overhaul would aim to keep the amount of darts in circulation limited, being the sole supplier.

That would...let her recover, I guess.

caliph95

Can't overhaul heal people or is there a limit if eri still has to wear bandages. I mean those tarantino villains went from being part car to the healthiest villains ever.

Maybe overhaul is just an asshole

Ascheroth

We don't know the limits of his quirk yet.

I don't believe there are no restrictions at all, because that would be overpowered as all hell.

Jintor

i wonder if there's a reason he wears the plague mask.

considering the heroes who have like fully exposed jaws, i can't imagine what it might be

Meffer

I mean to create his bullets, he has to destroy his daughter's arms, and take flesh and blood from them. I know the human body can more or less repair itself, but that small kid can't just make hundreds of bullets.

Which he can reconstruct. He heals her but the abuse and pain is still there. What a fucking monster.

Ascheroth

He freaks out when someone touches him, so I think he's a germophobe.
Intresting dichotomy to Shigaraki who walks around with a hand on his face.
I mean to create his bullets, he has to destroy his daughter's arms, and take flesh and blood from them. I know the human body can more or less repair itself, but that small kid can't just make hundreds of bullets.
I don't think it's that brutal, I guess it's mostly blood given the tanks in the pic I posted. Although there are scalpels right beside the evil chair of child abuse, so...
Which would still be fucked up enough as is :/

Intresting dichotomy to Shigaraki who walks around with a hand on his face.

I don't think it's that brutal, I guess it's mostly blood given the tanks in the pic I posted. Although there are scalpels right beside the evil chair of child abuse, so...
Which would still be fucked up enough as is :/
The image they used for Overhaul using his daughter(the one where she is in pieces) made me think of the worst. But you are probably right, it's probably a scalpel thing+blood. Which is almost worst in my mind since he would slowly be chopping part of his daugther's body.

Anime Monoma is amazing, definitely glad the anime has done him so well. Top 5 character indeed for me. I wish his other post sports fest moments get animated!!!!

Best
C-S0clxXsAACd2Q.jpg

caliph95

So they put out a special volume cover art from the guy who does Black Clover...

...and Horikoshi reciprocated.
Eh with the Ochako
and the butts and boobs pose
the rest looks fine

That Black cover though is great, how is that book anyway Black clover

cntr

Banned
Eh with the Ochako
and the butts and boobs pose
the rest looks fine

That Black cover though is great, how is that book anyway Black clover
It's kind of funny how Tabata gave Ochako that awkward pose, when Horikoshi instead went out of his way to downplay Noelle's cleavage.
Black Clover isn't bad, but it isn't great either. It's like a frozen pizza shounen. But it doesn't pretend to be anything more, so it's worth a read if you want something simple and inoffensive.

...also, is that bit of text about clovers from the series? I don't think it is, and the art wasn't translated. Did Horikoshi write it? Dang if he did, that's really high-level English.

cntr

Banned
Tabata's Deku and Todoroki are good. The expression on Bakugou is off, and the Ochako is really off.

Horikoshi's version is fantastic. If I had a criticism, it's that their expressions are a tad simple.

So they put out a special volume cover art from the guy who does Black Clover...

...and Horikoshi reciprocated.

Black Clover's art has so much potential, but the general composition of the panels is so flat and boooring. And boy did he increase Ochako's ballistics.

Horikoshi's cover looks great though. Make me wonder how he'd do with a single chapter of the series.

Moaradin

The art in Black Clover is a pretty big turn off for me tbh. Not sure why it looks so visually unappealing to me, but it's a major reason why I never got into it (plus the series itself looks very generic).

cntr

Banned
Tabata's not very good at composition and shadowing.

The trios are arranged in triangles, right? Compare how Tabata's looks like it's a flat triangle on a page with how Horikoshi's feels like a 3D shape leaning back into the page.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Golden Week ;_;

The anime better not fuck up the scene of Todobroski showing up to the fight with Stain and Deku's punch.

For shonen series yes they are
eh they have big highs and low lows yea. Boruto has been pretty good so far baring episode 2. And fillers aside Naruto's big moments were well handled most of the time.

Also I do believe that Naruto and Bleach have some of the best action moments in anime.

Chase17

Is there any information on the Black Clover anime yet? (edit: lol going way off topic) I think it would be pretty good if they did 25 episodes and went through the sea temple arc. Though maybe they'll want to go at a slower pace then that.

If you can embrace it for what it is, Black Clover is a pretty fun series. Has some great goofy moments.

Moaradin

Pierrot did make one of the most consistently well animated long running shonen series out there with YYH.

Though they haven't done anything that good in forever.

cntr

Banned
Pierrot has made great stuff, but they more often than not do not. Especially for shounen series, not ever since Yu Yu Hakusho ended. The Black Clover anime probably isn't going to be awful, but it isn't going to be great either.

(unless they full Tokyo Ghoul-style mangle it, but probably not)

edit: also jeez we're getting really off-topic, lol. guess there isn't anything better to talk about since no chapter.

cntr

Banned
idk, I've been watching shippuden on toonami, and the fights have been overall pretty bad with a few good moments in major ones. lots of budget animation and iffy direction.

Top Bottom