• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Blues1990

giphy.gif

nCzt8fW.png

I do find it funny how Torino used to be so beefy and tall, but is now a little shrimp of an elderly man.

So, he is nothing more than the worn out comical pervert trope.

Ehhh

Usually, the gag in the comic pervert is that they succeed, and the girl gets embarrassed, and that's... funny for some reason? And then there's slapstick.

Mineta is just an engine to produce slapstick. His perversion is the joke, and the joke is on him.

Ehhh

Usually, the gag in the comic pervert is that they succeed, and the girl gets embarrassed, and that's... funny for some reason? And then there's slapstick.

Mineta is just an engine to produce slapstick. His perversion is the joke, and the joke is on him.

Because a perverted loser staring at a woman's ass is automatically funny, right?

Because a perverted loser staring at a woman's ass is automatically funny, right?

No, but a perverted loser trying to act like a perverted loser, failing, and getting the crap kicked out of him for his trouble is moderately amusing.

I'm comparing/contrasting with the kind of shit you got in early Dragon Ball, etc.

I think that they are so out and out with it instead of the "hehe this kid is actually a perv" kinda does make it a little endearing. He's certainly not a good person, but that's the whole point of his character. That he's super gross and weirds the class out when he's being perverted and gets the crap beat out of him constantly for being a creep.

I think that they are so out and out with it instead of the "hehe this kid is actually a perv" kinda does make it a little endearing. He's certainly not a good person, but that's the whole point of his character. That he's super gross and weirds the class out when he's being perverted and gets the crap beat out of him constantly for being a creep.

I think part of the thing is that while the series has made some effort to flesh out his character, it also very easily fades into the background again afterwards due to his lack of involvement in subsequent arcs, compared to the likes of Todoroki, Yaoyorozu, Iida, and now Kirishima. So he's kinda stuck in limbo where you can either still see him primarily as a character for creepy joke fodder, or as the guy with the cheapest motivations of all and frustrated by the reality of the system - especially since the anime is still at the stage where he's mostly the former.

If the series hadn't decided to go the route of using Iida to showcase how absurdly high onto dangerous Stain's standards for heroes are (however oddly valid his point), and Iida's need to better understand the primary focus of the job, Mineta would have probably been the perfect target for the likes of Stain, really.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
What about Tsuyu? She makes fun of Bakugou.

Do none of you know what ribbing is? You don't rib someone from behind you go up to them and say "Hey Bakugo, sucks you failed that exam. I mean, i didn't but still that sucks bud" That one moment endeared me so much to ball dude because fuck Bakugo

NSESN

Do none of you know what ribbing is? You don't rib someone from behind you go up to them and say "Hey Bakugo, sucks you failed that exam. I mean, i didn't but still that sucks bud" That one moment endeared me so much to ball dude because fuck Bakugo

Kirishima makes fun of Bakugou a lot, like when Jeanist change bakugo's hair, but he would never make fun of a friend not passing.

Veelk

Banned
I want to Toga and Mineta put in the same room together.

One will experience heaven, one will experience hell. But which will go to which?

LotusHD

Banned
I want to Toga and Mineta put in the same room together.

One will experience heaven, one will experience hell. But which will go to which?

Mineta's a bit of a coward and (probably) isn't into crazy, so I'm gonna with Toga on this one. She likely has no patience for someone like him anyways.

Kon from Bleach was funny, but his pervy routine got old really fast.

If Horikoshi is serious about the whole "this is a LONG running series" thing then I'm kinda most interested to see Mineta out of all of them as an actual like, pro-hero lol.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If Horikoshi is serious about the whole "this is a LONG running series" thing then I'm kinda most interested to see Mineta out of all of them as an actual like, pro-hero lol.

Mineta hokage believe.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
vR7imeW.jpg

Protoypes of early Uraraka... that became Mt. Lady, All Might, and Wild Pussycats. Wild Pussycats looked more like magical girls early on lol.

Leonel

Neo Member
Imagining a tournament fight between Giant Uraraka and Bakugou all of a sudden sounds way more interesting. Though the conclusion probably wouldn't be as poignant.

Jintor

interesting that eraserhead can turn off toga's shapeshifting power.

I wonder if that implies he would be able to cancel all might's transform power or not

Top Bottom