• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Puruzi

Banned
qd2iq4y.jpg

caliph95

Well Korean scans are out

Spoilers

Deku seems to connect kemi and toga
Nighteye is good in a fight and easily defeat the rappa clone and mimic runs away

Well let see. Twice runs away when his mask is ripped, yellining about how he is going to split in two. Himiko shows up and shows that she cares about her friends in the VA by tying a cloth around Bubaigawara's head. She asks Twice if he splits apart when he isn't covering his face. Toga then says that the Yakuza are mean. Twice asks Toga to become his girlfriend, then says she is a devil. I.E your usual Twice double speak. Mimic is angry about hos carefree the two of them seem to be. In the flashback Jin is blaming himself for having lead Overhaul there. He asks Shigaraki how he could be so cold and actually work with the Yakuza. Toga hops down from the table she was sitting on and does a little twirl as she explains that Stain was just somebody that brought them all together but now everyone just wanted to be free and have an easy life. She asks Shigaraki how he views them. This is when Shigaraki starts talking about how Overhaul didn't value any of them and how they are a family. The flashback ends and Twice and Toga yell at mimic and tell him to pull his own weight. Mimic gets seriously pissed and starts overexerting himself as he start collapsing the headquarter around the heroes. The chapter ends.

cntr

Banned
Chapter's out.

I gotta say, it takes real effort to mistranslate phrases like "Rappa-aniki" as "Rappa's brother".

...anyway, shit translation aside, that was good.

You know, I wonder - now that Deku has seen Toga's quirk in action, will he connect the dots to realise that was her at the provisional license tests? Or do you think it'll take her blurting out about the last time they met, and she winds up describing the test instead of the forest?

Well I'll be, Horikoshi really did have Deku connect the dots. Nice.

cntr

Banned
Systematically murdered by a pedophilic clown?
Not that bit. The bit where they actually genuinely care about each other, unlike a normal villain group.
also, Kurapika isn't a clown

Fits that whole thing about Shigaraki going through a "power of friendship" shounen arc.

cntr

Banned
I actually haven't read any HxH past the Chimera Ant arc, though I'm watching the anime for the first time via the dub.

caliph95

A romance between a dog and a Saiyan, what progressive times we live in.

Also I doubt Shigiraki is genuine probably building up loyalty/social links to get benefits (because he thinks stuff like a game)

Plus we know he says what villains want to hear
It's interesting to me that you object to Kurapika being called a clown, but not a pedophile.
But I probably shouldn't have just assumed you were caught up on the latest chapters.
Why do you think he's best friends besides Leorio are two kids

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Toga is the best, she really is. Also I am so confused, as always, to the standing of the villian's alliance in this world. i thought the Yakuza were better and the real timers but now apparently they aren't? Apparently, the Villian's Alliance is actually really revered (Or atleast taken seriously) as a decent threat even though they have a terrible track record. There was a comment last page about how Handy is supposed to be a foil to Deku, but we don't spend nearly enough time on his side to really make the foil work. He's gone through such character development but we don't see any of his journey or downtime, just the big moments.

But whatever, Toga had more cute faces so this is a good chapter.

NSESN

Incredible chapter despite the translation. Really liking the league development in this arc.
And Mimic went full Pica, never go full Pica.

caliph95

For a moment there i thought Toga was about to kill Clone guy.
For a second I thought we are going to read a vampire manga
Never expect toga to be supportive and understanding but shiggy did make sure to build loyalty

Maybe her and deku do belong together

Meffer

Toga is the best, she really is. Also I am so confused, as always, to the standing of the villian's alliance in this world. i thought the Yakuza were better and the real timers but now apparently they aren't? Apparently, the Villian's Alliance is actually really revered (Or atleast taken seriously) as a decent threat even though they have a terrible track record. There was a comment last page about how Handy is supposed to be a foil to Deku, but we don't spend nearly enough time on his side to really make the foil work. He's gone through such character development but we don't see any of his journey or downtime, just the big moments.

But whatever, Toga had more cute faces so this is a good chapter.
Seems like there's a divide or unsettled dispute in the Yakuza. It's really nice to see comradeship in the Villain Alliance and that they do care for another and have similar goals. I'm also seeing what they have common, if I'm right. They're victims of their quirks and when they needed it the most help didn't come.
But I really think some time needs to be focused on the VA to see their development.

cntr

Banned
I'd be surprised if we don't get a VA arc at some point. This arc is probably the set-up for one, actually. And while Shigs is a counterpart to Deku, it's mostly implied stuff so far. Like a bunch of MHA stuff, it hasn't yet fully formed, but you can see it taking shape and where it's going.

In-universe, the VA isn't a dire threat, but the issue is that they have their historical connections and the boosts from the Stain incident and the Kamino Ward incident to prop them up and give them a chance to regain their power. So the danger is their potential, not their current capability. (And there's smaller scale personal danger from their interest in Deku and 1-A.)

On the other hand, while the Precepts have better leadership, the yakuza were almost wiped out by All MIght and his generation. While they're a more serious current threat, they don't have the same potential the VA does, hence Overhaul trying to get Handsy to sign in and endorse him. Plus, there's an internal concern that Overhaul is wiping out yazuka traditions and turning them into a generic villain gang, which would be a Big Deal for a yakuza.

Learning how to be a leader and reestablishing the VA will be the focus of Shigaraki's arc, probably.

Meffer

All of a sudden he's good looking now. lol

It also almost looks like he's blind (or something else) in the right eye.

It seems to me that his quirk can also affect him as well which would explain his scars and the fact his face looks so dry and chapped. He also tends to hold and grab onto things without using all of his fingers because he needs to touch something with all five of his fingers to activate his quirk.

Veelk

Banned
The two different circumstances should also be noted. The first time we see his face is when he's threatening to kill Midoriya and an innocent crowd of people. This time, he's bonding with his underlings. We're not just seeing his face in better light, we're seeing it from an entirely different perspective.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The past anime episode reminded me of something I was going to mention after the new chapter came out.

Shigaraki's "mc style bonding" is based on a friendship and alliance where he lied to these people. They recruited them on the basis that Stain was a part of their group and they are continuing his legacy. Shigaraki hates Stain. Toga and the others are there because of Stain. What's going to happen when they find out? The first thing Stain is going to say if he breaks out and sees them is that they are a bunch of fucking posers.

caliph95

The past anime episode reminded me of something I was going to mention after the new chapter came out.

Shigaraki's "mc style bonding" is based on a friendship and alliance where he lied to these people. They recruited them on the basis that Stain was a part of their group and they are continuing his legacy. Shigaraki hates Stain. Toga and the others are there because of Stain. What's going to happen when they find out? The first thing Stain is going to say if he breaks out and sees them is that they are a bunch of fucking posers.
I don't think Toga really cares because she says she just having fun
But Dabi Todoroki and Spinner would be interesting

NSESN

Not everyone went to the alliance because of Stain's ideology but because of his incredible record. I mean he was the biggest serial killer since All Might appeared, what aspiring villain wouldn't want to work with the group he was "part" of.

Since we talk almost openly about manga here, but I'm going to spoil tag it anyway....I think Dabi is a
Todoroki, his eyes look really similar to Shoto/Endeavor in the anime.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Since we talk almost openly about manga here, but I'm going to spoil tag it anyway....I think Dabi is a
Todoroki, his eyes look really similar to Shoto/Endeavor in the anime.
100%. Flame powers, burns over his body and several comparisons with Todoroki already.

Philippo

Top Bottom