• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

NSESN

He being a stain follower also is a hint imo. Stain was "defeated" by Endeavor.

Looking at the cosplay, I must say again, the character design for the villains is way too good. It is a bit sad that they have so many details that is almost impossible to the anime to have 100% fidelity.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Bought the newest volume.

Here's the full page cleaned up and everything.

F8BEbPa.jpg

DTL I would disagree, I consider this a smile as well as the smile during the tournament.

I'm really excited to see this animated

NSESN

Vigilantes will be bi-weekly now instead of monthly. Glad that the success of the series is reaching the spin-off too.

SalvaPot

Its been a while since I updated the OP? Feel like I should add something to it?

Also, might as well open a new poll for the best girl and best boy, we'll make it simple this time.

You get 2 votes, one for best girl and one for best boy, that's it. Make it count!

This infatuation of the fanbase with Toga is so weird... :S

Best Girl: Ochako

Best Boy: Kirishima

(Love how Kirishima has evolved. Loved his backstory and how it was actually Ashido the one that taught/showed him how to be brave).

NSESN

Kirishima and Tsuyu.
I think All Might is the best character but he doesn't fit the best boy archetype.

Salvapot you could add a link to S2 anime and maybe an intro for Vigilantes.

cntr

Banned
The past anime episode reminded me of something I was going to mention after the new chapter came out.

Shigaraki's "mc style bonding" is based on a friendship and alliance where he lied to these people. They recruited them on the basis that Stain was a part of their group and they are continuing his legacy. Shigaraki hates Stain. Toga and the others are there because of Stain. What's going to happen when they find out? The first thing Stain is going to say if he breaks out and sees them is that they are a bunch of fucking posers.
I'd be really surprised if we don't get a VA-focused arc about this eventually.

Dayum.

This infatuation of the fanbase with Toga is so weird... :S
Forreal.

I'm glad the series doesn't try to portray her as anything but creepy.

cntr

Banned
I can totally see Endeavor trying for "better" kids by having affairs with other women.

Dabi must've given himself his own burns, though. They're not normal burns, they're weird and purple.

I can totally see Endeavor trying to try for "better" kids by having affairs with other women.

Dabi must've given himself his own burns, though. They're not normal burns, they're weird and purple.

Dabi burning himself would line up with that, yeah. Or maybe his mother, whoever she was.

He's DEFINITELY Endeavor's illegitimate kid, the question is does he know about it? Could be a eugenics experiment, could just be that he's a cheating SOB and the condom broke. Very curious, since his knowledge of Dabi one way or the other could massively change the reveal.

cntr

Banned
My vote's for Deku and Ochako.

Dabi burning himself would line up with that, yeah. Or maybe his mother, whoever she was.

He's DEFINITELY Endeavor's illegitimate kid, the question is does he know about it? Could be a eugenics experiment, could just be that he's a cheating SOB and the condom broke. Very curious, since his knowledge of Dabi one way or the other could massively change the reveal.

Yeah. And if Endeavor does know about Dabi's existence, what would he do? Like, I can't see him just leaving it be, it'd be a dangerous liability from his perspective. But Endeavor trying to kill Dabi and his mother? Evil as he is, that's further than we've seen him go. But Dabi must've ended up the way he is somehow.

Dabi's burns are weirdly regular, too, which would fit in with them being deliberate rather than accidental. (Possibly to disguise himself from Endeavor?)

It's gonna be some shit when we get to his backstory.

Here's the full page cleaned up and everything.
Huh, cool, I didn't know they named the quirk categories on that page.

Trojita

With the unofficial translation I didn't pick up that Twice and Toga want to fuck up the Yakuza and "team up" with the heroes. Official translation was a lot clearer.

Trojita

So yeah, the unofficial translation was WAY off. Shigaraki wasn't telling Twice to take responsibilty for his actions, he was telling Twice that this was their plan to get the Yakuza back. This was payback.

xQPHy9F.png

kRtQvIq.png

hKZSVbK.png

5DzaZoU.png

After Twice and Toga insult the Yakuza's, InTheWall guy plans on crushing them all.

z2UsA3y.png

caliph95

So yeah, the unofficial translation was WAY off. Shigaraki wasn't telling Twice to take responsibilty for his actions, he was telling Twice that this was their plan to get the Yakuza back. This was payback.

xQPHy9F.png

kRtQvIq.png

hKZSVbK.png

5DzaZoU.png

After Twice and Toga insult the Yakuza's, InTheWall guy plans on crushing them all.

z2UsA3y.png
Oh that makes so much more sense
Omg that is a fuck up of translations it explains how confusing it was
sometimes I think "why did I stop posting in this thread" and then I go "oh, that's why"
Lol
Please don't go

NSESN

Unfortunately we only had MS last week so of course thhe translation was off. FA isn't great but at least they get this sort of things right.

Makes more sense that Mimic is so mad.

Trojita

Unfortunately we only had MS last week so of course thhe translation was off. FA isn't great but at least they get this sort of things right.

Makes more sense that Mimic is so mad.

Especially with Toga's trolling via the official translation.

KCv2ree.png

How to people not like Shigaraki, hes
cute
had the best shoe taste in manga and also really filled with great moives and got his members to even feel inspired and emotionally empowered by him. He's not even forcing people to follow him with force or other things of improper motives. I really wish he could be the main antagonist in this instead of all these sub midbosses. Great chapter whenever Shigaraki is involved.

Nightbird

Lol
Idk I see very valuable discussion here
Like is Shigiraki cutr?
QRl3MtA.jpg

He does certainly look better than ever, but that's easy considering he was always drawn in that horror style when his face was shown.

Thus drawing him normally while having that "personal" moment leaves even more of an impact.

caliph95

I do wonder why he looks like that is he born that way, doesn't take care of himself or something to do with his quirkf or something to do with his quirk

Vigilantes 0.5 & 1 was great, kind of wish the nice guy had a flashier quirk but it is interesting seeing things outside of the school setting. I hope it has some tie ins to the main story at times?

Trojita

It should be mentioned that Vigilantes is being published in the English version of Shonen Jump. There will be new chapters every week until they get caught up, then going to the newly promoted bi-weekly schedule.

3OrHTH3.png

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Man, that girl's costume sucks so bad.

She feels to me a bit like a darkstalker's character in terms of design (mostly the batwings), and less a MHA character. Mostly because the MHA designs are clearly based on already existing western superheroes and her's feels the most distinctly "Japan" of them.

Veelk

Banned
She feels to me a bit like a darkstalker's character in terms of design (mostly the batwings), and less a MHA character. Mostly because the MHA designs are clearly based on already existing western superheroes and her's feels the most distinctly "Japan" of them.

It doesn't feel anything to me in terms of design. It's just a black leotard that's designed to expose as much of the girl's body as much as possible. A cleavage window to draw attention to her breasts and GIGANTIC leg holes so you can see as much of her lower body as possible while still covering up her vagina, with some tertiery features like the wings or the tutu thrown in to maintain the a false pretense that this was designed with some kind of idea to her character.

It's an outfit designed with pure titillation in mind and nothing more.

Top Bottom