• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Meffer

Before he was disfigured, did the manga ever show All for One's face?

When he was younger? No which is really interesting to me.
Also Deku can only output so much of his power because if goes over the percentage of what his body can safely handle, he injures his himself from the backfire. His doctor said if he sustains the same type of injuries 100% does to him as of now, he will be disabled.

Meffer

He was halfway to All Might form at this point

8cIMUWl.png

That really makes me curious of the timeline for All Might and when he inherited OfA.

When he was younger? No which is really interesting to me.
Also Deku can only output so much of his power because if goes over the percentage of what his body can safely handle, he injures his himself from the backfire. His doctor said if he sustains the same type of injuries 100% does to him as of now, he will be disabled.

Yes, a younger version of All for One.

Deku's 100% is gonna be different from All Might's 100% anyways. Thats the power of One for All and its 9 different users.

Speaking of that, I wonder if the big bad is really that woman's grandchild or the big bad was just making it up to throw off All Might.

caliph95

AFO seems like a guy who would go out of his way to that

Plus Shigiraki is being written as a foil and is basically going on his shonen path to big bad

Meffer

Deku's 100% is gonna be different from All Might's 100% anyways. Thats the power of One for All and its 9 different users.

Speaking of that, I wonder if the big bad is really that woman's grandchild or the big bad was just making it up to throw off All Might.

AfO is a sadistic bastard that wanted revenge at not only All Might but the linage of OfA as well. Pretty sure he made Shigaraki the way he is even down to his quirk.

I hope that for Deku's 2nd year they redo the physical tests since I just started watching the anime. I wanna see him blaze past the tests with his new control over his quirk.

New chapter of Vigilantes is up. We finally get to see All Might's Hero Office, and turns out actually had his own spin on the whole Clark Kent schtick!

Ascheroth

New chapter of Vigilantes is up. We finally get to see All Might's Hero Office, and turns out actually had his own spin on the whole Clark Kent schtick!
So that's how he got to know Tsukauchi.
But his 'forms' still confuse me, why does he look like post-injury All Might there? I thought he was very muscular before he got wounded. (The short flashback where we saw him train with Gran Torino for example).
I'm confused.

So that's how he got to know Tsukauchi.
But his 'forms' still confuse me, why does he look like post-injury All Might there? I thought he was very muscular before he got wounded. (The short flashback where we saw him train with Gran Torino for example).
I'm confused.

Exactly where the Vigilante spinoff lies in terms of chronology relative to the rest of the series is unclear, aside of being before the main story, but do remember that the battle in which All Might was so severely injured was five years prior to the main story beginning. So presumably he took up the whole 'Toshinori Yagi is my secretary' idea as a means of handwaving his downtime in his weakened state.

Mind, it's unclear whether or not the smaller form is a specific result of the injury (ie, AFO hit him, and effectively 'cursed' him that way), or is something he effectively degraded into over time from it.

I would say Vigilante takes place after All Might's injury. There's a panel in the recent chapter that shows All Might spitting out blood when Tsukauchi asks him about the cat.

caliph95

Also guys we saw that Nighteye left him before this chapter
Didn't he left him because he wouldn't retire so he's definitely injured

Laiza

I really appreciated this Vigilante chapter. This is something that easily could've been covered in the main series but since we're in the middle of a major arc atm, it makes a lot of sense to do it here. Not a bad use of the side manga, expanding on main and side characters' backgrounds like this.

Poor Tsukauchi, though. Seems like he could use some assistants himself!

Yo I just realized something. How did Deku get the worst scores in the class if Tooru's only quirk is to be invisible? Like seriously!

Heck Deku beat Uraraka's record on the track so that must be some weird averages. Looking at all the tests, I really don't see how being invisible could have helped her on any of the tests. Then again Deku did the worst on every test after the pitch so maybe that was it. I'll just have to hand wave this one away.

caliph95

Yo I just realized something. How did Deku get the worst scores in the class if Tooru's only quirk is to be invisible? Like seriously!

Heck Deku beat Uraraka's record on the track so that must be some weird averages. Looking at all the tests, I really don't see how being invisible could have helped her on any of the tests. Then again Deku did the worst on every test after the pitch so maybe that was it. I'll just have to hand wave this one away.
We actually don't know the full scope of Tooru's quirk and it seems to be light manipulation. Either the light is a nice side effect or her invisibility is a mutation

NSESN

The filler episode was really interesting with the teasing of Bakugo's future and Ochako learning to fight against knifes. And the animation was pretty good too, it seems the animation quality is much more consistent compared to the first part of the season and the first season overall, makes me very hopeful for when they animate the camp and rescue arcs.

I think I'm going to check out the manga. Im new to this, can anyone tell me where the best spot to go for this is and what chapter to start on if im caught up on the anime? I was thinking of trying Comixology.

Philippo

I just stumbled on a couple of All Might vs Nomu reaction videos and man, people are going to lose their goddamn minds when the A4O fight gets animated.
United States of Smash is going to be the anime moment of 2018, mark my words.

NSESN

I just stumbled on a couple of All Might vs Nomu reaction videos and man, people are going to lose their goddamn minds when the A4O gets animated.

I freaked out when they showed him in the preview for the nest chapter.

Meffer

I just stumbled on a couple of All Might vs Nomu reaction videos and man, people are going to lose their goddamn minds when the A4O gets animated.
I can't wait for the episode when Deku fights the Muscle guy during the Camp Arc. That's an amazing fight where Deku fights a full fledge villain with the intent to kill and wins by himself with the kid unscathed. And he still kept going which is awesome because if he didn't things would've turned out far worse. He really did become a hero that day.
The reactions are going to be glorious.

LotusHD

Banned
I just stumbled on a couple of All Might vs Nomu reaction videos and man, people are going to lose their goddamn minds when the A4O fight gets animated.

It's gonna be the next HxH Episode 131 of anime.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I really want to see 1,000,000 Deleware Detroit Smash animated because of how awesome the moment was but to also get a sense of what the fuck happened. Did he push him away with Deleware and than punched the fuck out of him with Detroit?

Moaradin

I'm more interested in how many episodes the next season will be. If it's back to 1-cour, then it's pretty obvious where it ends. If they do 25 episodes again, then that's more tricky. Though we could see Deku vs. Bakugo round 2 as the big climax of the season, so that could be a treat as well.

NSESN

More interesting will be people thinking that Deku vs Muscular will be the big fight of the season like All Might vs Noumu or Deku vs Todoroki and then a few chapters after we have something that tops it.

Philippo

I'm more interested in how many episodes the next season will be. If it's back to 1-cour, then it's pretty obvious where it ends. If they do 25 episodes again, then that's more tricky. Though we could see Deku vs. Bakugo round 2 as the big climax of the season, so that could be a treat as well.

Season 3 is probably going to be 2 cours, ending the first half with Bakugou's kidnapping and the 2nd one with All Might visiting Deku's house.

Season 4 is a bit more tricky, as i think it will only cover the provisional license exam, so probably 1 cour only.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Season 3 is probably going to be 2 cours, ending the first half with Bakugou's kidnapping and the 2nd one with All Might visiting Deku's house.

Season 4 is a bit more tricky, as i think it will only cover the provisional license exam, so probably 1 cour only.
I think you're overestimating how long the summer camp + save Bakugou arcs are. That entire storyline takes place over 25 chapters. Which would mean 1 cour (13 episodes) at the current 2 chapters per episode pacing. Having 2 cours for those two arcs would be horribly paced.

Philippo

I think you're overestimating how long the summer camp + save Bakugou arcs are. That entire storyline takes place over 25 chapters. Which would mean 1 cour (13 episodes) at the current 2 chapters per episode pacing. Having 2 cours for those two arcs would be horribly paced.

Really? Felt longer to me.
Then i guess both S3&4 are going to be 1 cour?

Top Bottom