• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Life As a Darklord: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles is coming to WiiWare

Dascu

2btukn.jpg

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I hope they fix the framerate issues for this one, when the city got many buildings in MLaaK it got kind of annoying at times.

Fuu

From the pic it looks like that Mira girl will take the role of assistant this time that Chime had in the first game. I wonder how the Lord will look.

I think there's a Bomb in the other pic. It will be so awesome to have monsters living in your city and be able to issue missions to them (I hope that's the case). Can't wait to see how the buildings will look.

I really wasn't expecting this. So good!

Fuu said:
From the pic it looks like that Mira girl will take the role of assistant this time that Chime had in the first game. I wonder how the Lord will look.

I think there's a Bomb in the other pic. It will be so awesome to have monsters living in your city and ba able to issue missions to them (I hope that's the case). Can't wait to see how the buildings will look.
I wonder if Mira looking half good and half evil means you get to choose to be bad or good.

Fuu

GoldandBlue said:
I wonder if Mira looking half good and half evil means you get to choose to be bad or good.
Good call on her looks, this could lead to some interesting gameplay differences like missions and who you will be moving into your town.

I wonder if they'll implement a few online features. It would be great to share spreadsheets and stuff with other players.

botticus

I'll be curious to see what differences there are in terms of mechanics. Loved the first game, but I'm hoping this is more than just a face lift.

Hm, just noticed she says "a new Darklord" so I guess that means it wont be the one from MLaaK. Also, if this is coming out before TCB which I'm sure is likely, there have now been 4 FFCC released since the announcement of TCB. :lol

Volcynika

I will try this and then play for just one more day...then another...

The first one sucked me into playing over and over and never quitting!

Looking forward to this.

ivysaur12

Banned
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Darklord puts players in the highly fashionable shoes of the Darklord's daughter, a malevolent little Miss, charged with dispatching intruding do-gooders by strategically placing traps and monsters around the tower she calls home.

Players will need to get their hands on ever more diabolical traps and abominable monsters to stop those pesky adventurers from making it to the Dark Crystal at the top of the tower. Be warned, though – with heroes of all the races and job classes from the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles series storming the Darklord’s lair in real time, traps and minions will count for nothing unless deployed like a true evil genius. Anything less and the Darklord’s beloved home will be reduced to rubble!

Hmmm... interesting.

Nishastra

Banned
It'd be awesome if you could load your MLaaK save into this and then have to fight off your own super-adventurers :p

And load the save for this in MLaaK and get your tower as a new dungeon? :p

Probably not, though :p

Scrubking

ivysaur12 said:
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Darklord puts players in the highly fashionable shoes of the Darklord's daughter, a malevolent little Miss, charged with dispatching intruding do-gooders by strategically placing traps and monsters around the tower she calls home.

Players will need to get their hands on ever more diabolical traps and abominable monsters to stop those pesky adventurers from making it to the Dark Crystal at the top of the tower. Be warned, though – with heroes of all the races and job classes from the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles series storming the Darklord’s lair in real time, traps and minions will count for nothing unless deployed like a true evil genius. Anything less and the Darklord’s beloved home will be reduced to rubble!

Hmmm... interesting.

Wow. Hype totally lost for this game. Will not buy.

Fuu

GoldandBlue said:
It certainly looks a whole lot different from MLaaK.
Wow, it sure is.

ivysaur12 said:
So apparently Mira is the main character, not an assistant. I'm getting Leblanc vibes. :lol

2jcefxz.jpg

ivysaur12 said:
Definitely way more "action oriented" than the first one.

VerTiGo

Banned
Looks good. I'm glad they're still building the Crystal Cronicles brand on the platform. Should help the retail debut of The Crystal Bearers.

jman2050

So it's basically the exact opposite of MLAAK. Instead of training adventurers to go into dungeons, defeat enemies, and steal loot, you're setting up traps and monsters to stop adventurers from defeating you and stealing your loot.

I like.

jman2050 said:
So it's basically the exact opposite of MLAAK. Instead of training adventurers to go into dungeons, defeat enemies, and steal loot, you're setting up traps and monsters to stop adventurers from defeating you and stealing your loot.

I like.

You know what would be cool?
If it would load the adventurers from MLaaK and you get to slay them in your dungeon.

Top Bottom