• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on IRC a lil while ago...and had an idea for a subtitle...should we ever get a topic locked...;p Again, just writing this down for the future.

I would suggest: My Little Pony FiM Community|OT2 (or 3?)| "I just don't know what went wrong..." (yes, I love a Derpy reference too =p)

Hehehe, I must admit, I like ahoyhoy's choice...or the Luna one..either/or would be fine.

EDIT: Dang, Chuck beat me... =p

Hmmmm... Fun has been doubled fits it being OT 2, but the Derpy quote serves as a reference the MLP internet adult community...

Both work. Either of those two!

n8

Unconfirmed Member
My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| We couldn't fit it all in (one thread)
Maybe a little late for that, oh well. There is a lot of great subtitles.

Hum, I guess now that I moved and became 'Hub-less' I'm going to need my pony fix another way. The weekly synchtube still happens right?

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| Yay!

nCtxs.gif

WHY IS THIS SO MESMERIZING?!?

s7Quf.png

Tara Strong: Sexiest Troll EVAR!!!!

It's funny how much of a ruckus fracas this caused on EQD. It was like the whole Panda Sleeping with Twilight fiasco x 100. I've said it before, but I find there's this really fine line between "comically sexy" pony art and the Rule 34/Fetishy stuff. The pic Tara chose, while I still find it funny (especially the context and reason), was a tad too far IMHO.

tashi said:
Also, Rainbows voice is awesome. How it has that little rasp to it and crack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jc5cYBs3vk

That's actual dialog from Ashleigh Ball at BronyCon a couple months ago.

I'm watching the flim flam brothers song, so...

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| We've got opportunity, in this here community!

I vote for this. It's a line fans know, AND it just fits so well as a Community thread with its serendipitous double meaning compared to We Didn't Learn Anything, which is a great line, but I feel doesn't do much beyond that.

Cheerilee

My vote is for the fun being doubled. Not learning anything comes in second.

Just finished episode 13 last night. Only watched one because I was pretty tired. It was the one with the race. It was a good one. I do like both Rainbow and Apple Jack so it was cool to see an episode focused just on them. Also Pinkie Pie was funny up in the hot air balloon booth. I also liked how they were playing dirty and using all types of shenanigans to fuck each other up. It sorta flowed like an old Bugs Bunny cartoon. Good episode all around. Also, Rainbows voice is awesome. How it has that little rasp to it and crack.
Just to crack open an old can of worms a little bit, did you think that Rainbow using her wings in the latter half of the competition was cheating or not cheating?

Edit: Also, here's Applejack singing the Star Spangled Banner.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0p643twyY8

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
My vote is for the fun being doubled. Not learning anything comes in second.

Just to crack open an old can of worms a little bit, did you think that Rainbow using her wings in the latter half of the competition was cheating or not cheating?

Edit: Also, here's Applejack singing the Star Spangled Banner.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0p643twyY8

Yea I thought it was cheating. But the whole competition was dumb to begin with. It's like asking a swimmer to compete with a sprinter or something. One flies and the other one doesn't.

Cheerilee

Yea I thought it was cheating. But the whole competition was dumb to begin with. It's like asking a swimmer to compete with a sprinter or something. One flies and the other one doesn't.

That's no good, you picked both positions. How can we fight over that?

We sort of had a big divide between:
"Wings are cheating. A handicap was implied."
and
"Wings are natural. The test was uneven."

Tashi

That's no good, you picked both positions. How can we fight over that?

We sort of had a big divide between:
"Wings are cheating. A handicap was implied."
and
"Wings are natural. The test was uneven."

lol

Well the test was bogus, it's true. Rainbow should have said something from the start. Like, "hey, this is dumb because I can fuckin fly" and then Apple Jack would have said, "oh yea, there's like no point to this test huh?" "lol nope apple jack, no point at all" "lolololololololololol"

But, the way it was agreed upon, the wings were cheating. It's true.

lol

Well the test was bogus, it's true. Rainbow should have said something from the start. Like, "hey, this is dumb because I can fuckin fly" and then Apple Jack would have said, "oh yea, there's like no point to this test huh?" "lol nope apple jack, no point at all" "lolololololololololol"

But, the way it was agreed upon, the wings were cheating. It's true.

When did anyone agree to forego the full use of their body and athletic talent?

Tashi

When did anyone agree to forego the full use of their body and athletic talent?
By not mentioning it, it's safe to assume. The wings present such a huge advantage it's obvious because there would be no contest if allowed. It's so obvious, it doesn't need to be mentioned.

blamite

Rainbow Dash using her wings in the Iron Pony competition is like kicking your opponent in the balls when you're arm wrestling. It totally defeats the point of the ability being tested.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
FYI there are pegasi who didn't fly too, so yeah it's just Dash being an ass hole.

It's one of the horrible episodes too - one of those "let's force AJ to learn a lesson even though she was clear/fine from the start". Thank goodness cider episode exists.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Time will tell if Tara is an amazing Internet celebri-troll (at the level of 50 Cent) or just another victim of being famous and trying to use twitter.

$200

Banned
Watched episode 17 to 20 of season 1 tonight and didn't like any of them :(

Don't like all the CMC and Rarity stuffs. Give me more Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash.

Does that goalie have to go to the bathroom?

And why is it that the Star Spangled Banner just totally kicks Oh Canada's ass?

O Canada is designed to be sung along with, or at least it feels that way. As such it's pretty simplistic, but hearing a huge crowd join in with it (and sing it well) is impressive. ;P

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Our son's don't need to command the US of A to do shit. We'll keep on being awesome bombs are bursting in the air and shit.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Our son's don't need to command the US of A to do shit.
in all thy sons command.

as in canada commands patriot love in its citizens.

com·mand
verb /kəˈmand/
Deserve and receive
- a moral force that commanded respect

american english lololololol.

and those were our bombs anyway!

Nah, she's just playing. No way a VA who's voiced as many characters as her, for as long as her, thus being exposed to numerous fandoms, is just now finding out about the mere concept of Rule 34.

Pretty Much. Tara's on wonderful troll trip and I like it. Makes my Twitter feed a bit more interesting.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Canada doesnt have a head of state. the closest thing we have is the governor general, who is canadian.

Nope! As a Commonwealth country, Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain is your technical Head of State!

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE SCHOOLED BY AN AMERICAN?

CHEEZMO™;35255377 said:
So is America's.

japnE.png

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
CHEEZMO™;35261814 said:
wikipedia said:
the living embodiment of the Crown, the sovereign is regarded as the personification of the Canadian state,[n 11][10][34][77][78][79][80]

http://books.google.ca/books?id=sqF...dir_esc=y#v=onepage&q="head of state"&f=false

also wikipedia said:
The state is therefore referred to as Her Majesty The Queen in Right of Canada (French: Sa Majesté la Reine du chef du Canada),[83] or The Crown in Right of Canada, and the monarch's legal personality is sometimes referred to simply as Canada.[79][84]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom