• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
apple_family_by_babylondonstar-d4qg5fy.jpg

scootaloo_by_babylondonstar-d4pu5zj.jpg

wip_derpy_by_babylondonstar-d4qf34j.jpg

HASBRO
tumblr_l96b01l36p1qdhmifo1_500.jpg

Y U NO HIRE THIS WOMAN

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
She doesn't do commissions and doesn't sell these on eBay. Is she allergic to huge amounts of money or something?

She doesn't sell all of them, but she does sell some. She's the one that made that Gala Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash that both went for a few thousand.

tafer

Interesting development:

I kinda like the videos of this guy, but this sort of stuff is fuel for taking it to a whole new level, and with SHED.MOV crossing the line for many... I'm not sure what to expect.

blamite

I kinda like the videos of this guy, but this sort of stuff is fuel for taking it to a whole new level, and with SHED.MOV crossing the line for many... I'm not sure what to expect.
I think the bigger issue is the fact that everything after Apples.mov has been downright terrible.

akira28

Interesting development:

I love this guy pushing the envelope. I could do without the gore and have it be more about gross observations on society in general, but I love his toxic ponies, especially Spike. I don't agree with the direction he takes with some of the characters, like some of the art can border on the grotesque, but that Carrie scene in Shed.mov was fucking inspired.

Guys..i know a guy...in China. We can get counterfeit Derpies made and corner the market. (Though the stuffing might be recycled newspaper or something. We could probably pay extra for cotton.)

akira28

Good. Maybe a month or two of cooldown and they'll know what to do with a funny pics thread again. It'll be back, I'm sure, but that track needed to end.

CHEEZMO™;35335593 said:
Gilardi is one of the best people in this fandom.

Seriously. If people are getting prissy about the content of his work and shunning him, then fuck them.

Whinny immature bronies who have a cry over content they don't like or think is appropriate (whether it's sex, violence, or "ableism") and completely disregard love and tolerance are the worst thing about this show and fandom.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Seriously. If people are getting prissy about the content of his work and shunning him, then fuck them.

Whinny immature bronies who have a cry over content they don't like or think is appropriate (whether it's sex, violence, or "ableism") and completely disregard love and tolerance are the worst thing about this show and fandom.

This post.

uONHe.gif

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill

I'm not one to say that I agree with giving him the cold shoulder, but I believe there is a balance that should be seeked while creating for this fandom, and some people seem intent on pushing the boundaries of that balance, eager for attention. It can be argued that his latest creations went too far in that respect, and for that, were considered as a threat for those who take into their hands the responsability of maintaining the positive image that such a balance concedes the fandom.

Parfait

I liked his first two videos. Shed.mov is just another part of that shitty grimdark/rape/PONIES BATHING IN BLOOD shit that i've hated all the while and it honestly surprised me and came out of nowhere.

I don't shun him but I certainly don't care to see any more of his work, because it crossed the line into the part of the fandom i really don't like or will ever find any appeal in.

Edit: Gotta make this page even better

hSoFT.gif

Violet_0

Banned
I don't think he minds being the bad boy of pony fandom

his first video was fun, and Ask Jackapple is probably still the best pony tumblr

I'm don't really understand the outrage/freakout against his work. Still, I don't find a large portion of his vids funny at all, post-APPLE.mov.

That doesn't make it right for cons to snub him, although choosing guests is the prerogative of the convention planner. EqD doesn't have an excuse, since they're positioned as a news outlet, and should try to present a complete picture.

blamite

For me personally, it's not even about the content or boundary pushing; the dress and shed .movs just aren't funny and aren't worth watching imo. Whether that means the creator should be, or is being "snubbed" because of this is debatable, but I can definitely see why it might happen.

Chuck

Still without luck

So because you like and appreciate his 'work', you think it's A-OK to "love and tolerate" the other bronies that don't with a "fuck you"? Seriously?

EqD can post whatever they want. This guy bitching about it on twitter is immature as he only did it to get his fans, like you, riled up at the "mean" ways everyone is treating him. It also make him look like a whiner and reeks of desperation.

For me, I think everything he has done has ranged from inoffensively unfunny to disgusting and utter shit. To say he is the best person in the fandom is absolutely hilarious.

If the brony community wants to shun him and not deal with his garbage 'work', then I will only respect them for it.

Interesting development:

I like this guy. I like a lot ak jappleack, and I thought the two last .mov were good. Yeah they are a little grotesque, but the scene with the fat albert song and carrie wer amazoign in the fluttershy one.
And the thing I like about him is that he only does them for the jokes, there are worse and more serious things published in Equestria Daily and probably circulating BroNYcon so fuck them.

So because you like and appreciate his 'work', you think it's A-OK to "love and tolerate" the other bronies that don't with a "fuck you"? Seriously?

EqD can post whatever they want. This guy bitching about it on twitter is immature as he only did it to get his fans, like you, riled up at the "mean" ways everyone is treating him. It also make him look like a whiner and reeks of desperation.

For me, I think everything he has done has ranged from inoffensively unfunny to disgusting and utter shit. To say he is the best person in the fandom is absolutely hilarious.

If the brony community wants to shun him and not deal with his garbage 'work', then I will only respect them for it.

As you say for you is garbage, but theres a lot of people that like them, like me.
As I said there much worst and serious stuff posted here, in Equestria Daily and in BroNYcon. The thing is, he is only doing jokes, I understand you dont like them, as other poeple, but to treat him like he was a cancer as some people in the community are trying to do.... Yeah but no.

He can keep doing what he's doing. I just think his work sucks. Ain't nothing immature about it.

Come to think of it, we haven't seen Celestia in a while, have we? Not since S2E11/12, "Family Appreciation Day", and even then it was a flashback...

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'm not one to say that I agree with giving him the cold shoulder, but I believe there is a balance that should be seeked while creating for this fandom, and some people seem intent on pushing the boundaries of that balance, eager for attention. It can be argued that his latest creations went too far in that respect, and for that, were considered as a threat for those who take into their hands the responsability of maintaining the positive image that such a balance concedes the fandom.

If you want to generate goodwill for this fandom, keep promoting the .MOV series and shut down all the damn shipping.

The absolute worst thing this fandom can do is be too positive. Being all friendship, sunshine, and lollipops just enhances the stereotypes. The .MOV stuff might be over-correcting, but at least it points in the direction of normalcy.

brian577

Banned
At length being "I barely remember going in to do the lines, and didn't really remember I even did it until i had nearly 7,000 emails"

Hopefully he remembers more at Bronycon.

Edit: Since this IS a gaming forum, I noticed a Brony is being featured in the community spotlight at IGN.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom