• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community [OT3] Surely You Saw This Coming

Well I'm glad to see I was proven wrong, we did get an animatic! ... For only one sequence and without music or many sound effects, but still. I guess that's that when it comes to the release date: it's 2015. The sequence itself isn't all that exciting, especially compared to what we got last year (especially with a lot of silence), but it's neat how the new map allows the girls to see where there are incidents--I guess they are basically a superhero team now--and I am interested to see where they are going with the communist town. I hope too many of the episode stories aren't brought upon by the map just sending them places, though.

Other than that, not too much of interest, but I suppose Coco returning so soon (for this show) is a pleasant surprise, along with Maud.

As for Equestria Girls stuff, the fact that they said Discord and Chrysalis won't be in Rainbow Rocks but that they have plans for them seems to make it clear that they will be appearing in Equestria Academy. That said, I am a bit surprised we didn't hear anything at all about that show, since it should be premiering in just a few months, in theory. Also, the Rainbow Rocks villains are confirmed to be sirens, or at least inspired by sirens.

And I'm also glad to see that they know that pairing Twilight up with anyone is asking for a bad reaction; hopefully that means we won't get any forced romance with Brad in Rainbow Rocks.

HUELEN10

I just gave it some thought, and you know what? Rainbow Rocks kinda looks more to be a true Jem movie than the actual Jem film at this point. I don't know if that's nice or sad.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
b9KeeR3.png
http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/innovation/brony-star-wars-fan-3-d-printing-can-make-toy-n163411

HUELEN10

Is it really that industry-shaking? I mean, I like the 3D printed ponies as much as the next guy (maybe more since my DJ PON-3 never came in due to the horrible timing of my order), but is it really this big of a deal? Perhaps I'm underestimating the importance of this?

Is it really that industry-shaking? I mean, I like the 3D printed ponies as much as the next guy (maybe more since my DJ PON-3 never came in due to the horrible timing of my order), but is it really this big of a deal? Perhaps I'm underestimating the importance of this?

It allows ANYONE with a 3D printer (well, that's still quite an investment right now) to set up shop as a toymaker, making figures still not nearly at an industrial level, but at a much higher rate than most individuals could beforehand. The industry-shaking part of this news in particular is that Hasbro chose to go with the flow instead of handing out C&Ds (I mean, they did that too) by teaming up with the fans, and I imagine a lot of other companies are watching this closely to see if it works out.

Anyway slightly extended "Let the Rainbow Remind You" (+ sound effects). There's also an extended "This Is Our Big Night", but I'm hesitant to watch that, because I remember the normal version just being "something something This is our big niiiiight something something This is our big niiight" over and over, and a longer version doesn't seem like a good idea.

HUELEN10

"Battle Of The Bands" just got officially YouTube'd in much higher quality than before, go check it out.

Random thought: Do you think that Adagio Dazzle is a pony, like from Equestria that went through the mirror like Sunset, or is she a native from the school-world? Still kinda pissed it's Equestrian pony Twilight in the movie, but what can you do?
It allows ANYONE with a 3D printer (well, that's still quite an investment right now) to set up shop as a toymaker, making figures still not nearly at an industrial level, but at a much higher rate than most individuals could beforehand. The industry-shaking part of this news in particular is that Hasbro chose to go with the flow instead of handing out C&Ds (I mean, they did that too) by teaming up with the fans, and I imagine a lot of other companies are watching this closely to see if it works out.

Wow, didn't think of it that way. I'd kill for custom licensed toys of things that they don't even make! (Star Trek stuff, very specific Star Trek stuff comes to mind)

$200

Banned
Season 4:

Princess Twilight Sparkle - Part 1: (5*3+4*3+3*1+2*0+1*0)/7 - 4.29 - new
Princess Twilight Sparkle - Part 2: (5*3+4*2+3*2+2*0+1*0)/7 - 4.14 - new

First time we've had a part 1 ranked higher than the part 2!

S1 and S2
S3

Village

Meghan has shown the last two seasons that she does not care for Celestia. While she is welcome to prove me wrong, I expect her to allow Celestia to do nothing but get captured and give exposition as she has since Meghan took over.

While this response is a bit late, my apologizes for that. I must assure you , luna does not count out celestia.

That said, its kind of weird to be like " why does popular character keep getting put into stuff", you are answering you own question. Horse rosalina got goons,.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
While this response is a bit late, my apologizes for that. I must assure you , luna does not count out celestia.

That said, its kind of weird to be like " why does popular character keep getting put into stuff", you are answering you own question. Horse rosalina got goons,.

There is an undeniable difference between how Celestia was handled in S1/S2 and S3/S4. And as far as Meghan's own episodes go, it's the same with Luna. Celestia and Luna aren't character's to Meghan. They're obstacles that need to be written out of her Twilight story ASAP. Rather than think of any meaningful way of doing it, as the comics do, Meghan just has them get kidnapped, or writes them out haphazardly in the first 5 minutes (or in one case with Luna, probably had someone point out to her after she wrote it that Luna should be in there somewhere).

But at least Meghan lets other writers use Luna. There's been a strict no Celestia policy from her in regards to every other episode that isn't a season opener/ending, with the sole exception of "Keep Calm and Flutter On", where all she did was deliver the plot exposition. Other than that, not a single speaking appearance. And her only appearances in the two part episodes have been nothing but get captured and deliver exposition.

Now, to be nice, I do like most of her single episode shows from S1 and S2, I just don't care for her two parters, because they're all the same thing. Get rid of the other princesses, get rid of the other 5 friends, have Twilight do everything, get everyone back together at the end and pretend it was a team effort.

Village

Doctor man, I agree that they shouldn't write it like that, its very lazy very .... throw away ya know. Epically when they made Virgil blue Moon horse Daughter of Lauren stronger as each season went on. So its extra weird they get kidnapped.

One the other hand, with them just writing Luna, maybe Celestia don't test well the kids. Maybe they don't like her, maybe they have no idea how to write her. maybe its a weird situation where the internet has been so influential to their characterization of Celestia, due to lack of a lot of characterization on the show, that all their attempts seemed meemed. Wherever it is , it seems luna is a lot more viable for whatever reason than celestia.

So on like one level someone could be like " its a cartoon and a comic" but on another level someone could also be like " there are cartoons and comics that do that same thing good and for children "

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I'd dismiss the "doesn't test well" thing as they continue to make Celestia toys, and they got approval to do a 4 episode arc of the comics about her. And Luna was nothing but a blank slate for fans and that didn't stop the show from taking a direction with her that again, the comics went even further with.

Village

I suppouse that's a reasonable point, wherever it is, Celestia hasn't been getting any play.

Yo Doc, you wanna know when its really bad. If Celestia still has no real episodes Luna gets a Persona 4 episode with nightmare moon. That's when you know definitively something is up.

"I have faced myself kenpachi ranma samma, and now I am the nightmare horse and Luna"

" where is my episode"

" its in the cards "

Edit: That animating makes me like the idea of them not doing flash animation, but understand that flash animation is cheaper and faster.

Pretty good medley of songs from all four seasons and Equestria Girls. There are some clunky parts, though, like the Equestria Girls songs that no one remembers (the first one when Twilight explores the hallways that was replaced in my mind by Friendship is Witchcraft's "I Can't Wait", the one about cleaning up the gym) and some of the transitions. Plus, the medley maker lets his bias seep through at some points, such as by letting "Music in the Treetops" play almost in its entirety and "You'll Play Your Part" seemingly getting a longer chunk than most other songs.

PaulloDEC

Pretty good medley of songs from all four seasons and Equestria Girls. There are some clunky parts, though, like the Equestria Girls songs that no one remembers (the first one when Twilight explores the hallways that was replaced in my mind by Friendship is Witchcraft's "I Can't Wait", the one about cleaning up the gym) and some of the transitions. Plus, the medley maker sets his bias seep through at some points, such as by letting "Music in the Treetops" play almost in its entirety and "You'll Play Your Part" seemingly getting a longer chunk than most other songs.

I absolutely loved his/her S1-S3 medley, so I'm thrilled to see we've got another one. Listening now.

In other news, Hasbro have released an extended version of "Let the Rainbow Remind You". Includes an entire verse not present in the original.

EDIT: Oh man, the combination of "You'll Play Your Part" and "A Friend for Life" is brilliant.

3-D printing allows a very small investment to make a small run of anything. Wild guessing: many toys don't get made because of the investment needed to make moldings then you need to make x amount and sell y of that x amount to make a profit on it.

3-D printing can (after initial investment) allow small investments to maybe only make what is demanded or maybe even and on demand basis.

$200

Banned
All these talks about princesses and screen time, how about more Princess Platinum? She's supposed to be semi-important to the pony history if we assume that Sisters' Journal book thing is canon.

PaulloDEC

All these talks about princesses and screen time, how about more Princess Platinum? She's supposed to be semi-important to the pony history if we assume that Sisters' Journal book thing is canon.

Makes me wonder if we'll ever see the Founding of Equestria crew again. Flashback? Time travel?

More proof that Celestia is best Princess. She's not a pony that Buzz Aldrin would punch.

These little sketches are brilliant. I love the t-shirt one you posted earlier too.

Have a nice new alternate cover for comic #22.
c5F5GNA.jpg

Adorable. I love the style the characters are drawn in here, it's super cute.

Comic #25 is going to be a single issue AJ Western Arc by Katie Cook and Andy Price.[/IMG]

Sounds good!

Back to the season 5 animatic, two things stick out to me:

1. It appears that very little time has passed since the end of season 4, for this to be the very first time that all six ponies sat on their thrones and for this to (apparently) be the first time Twilight showed any concern about the meaning of the castle to the others. Equestria Girls and several issues of the comics were fit into the time period between season 3 and 4, but it doesn't seem like they'll have that option this time. Well in any case, with the comics at least, the new castle seems like it would be far more difficult to incorporate without first seeing it in action, as opposed to Princess Twilight, with whom they were told to just treat normally.

2. This animatic is apparently of the first several minutes (post credits) of the first episode of the season. Now from the first several minutes of "A Canterlot Wedding", "The Crystal Empire", "Princess Twilight Sparkle", and "Twilight's Kingdom" (and the pilot), it's very easy to tell that Twilight is the focus character, yet from this clip, it doesn't appear that Twilight plays any particularly special role in this story. It seems like the guys complaining about it are finally getting another season premiere/finale that doesn't exclusively focus on Twilight. Well, I say another, but the only ones for which that applies in my mind are "Best Night Ever" and "Return of Harmony", and that last one is still a bit of a stretch for me to say Twilight isn't the sole focus.

UberTag

Pretty good medley of songs from all four seasons and Equestria Girls. There are some clunky parts, though, like the Equestria Girls songs that no one remembers (the first one when Twilight explores the hallways that was replaced in my mind by Friendship is Witchcraft's "I Can't Wait", the one about cleaning up the gym) and some of the transitions. Plus, the medley maker lets his bias seep through at some points, such as by letting "Music in the Treetops" play almost in its entirety and "You'll Play Your Part" seemingly getting a longer chunk than most other songs.
Couldn't help but have a smile on my face through this entire medley.

My favorite part was the smooth transition between Love is in Bloom and Hearts as Strong as Horses.

PaulloDEC

Some of my latest pony stuff.

The first one is a T-shirt design for the WeLoveFine MLP design contest. If you're able to, I'd be very grateful if you clicked over to the contest page and gave it a 5 rating to help me overcome the odds and win something. Thank you so much!

Nice work, voted! I like the Rainicorn one too.

Wow, that's unexpected (and pretty great) news. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

Omg just put all the official songs on itunes first

That'd be nice, but there's a ton of great fan-rips out there to tide us over in the meantime.

Village

It's the beginning of the end
first its this
Then hologram concerts like hatsune miku
Then Sega makes rhythm games for the ponies
And that's it
then the sonic interaction happens
And then the internet explodes
Without it mad geniuses kept at bay by browsing 4 Chan will actually be productive
Then they build their death bots to instigate world wide nuclear war
And then fall out happen
Then adventure time happens
And then the magicman is a Dick to everyone

Hasbro don't make that mistake

Whoa whoa whoa whoa

You're implying that
are bad things?

Village

Whoa whoa whoa whoa

You're implying that
are bad things?

These are fantastic things

But Two sets of neon colored anthropomorphic animals that close and interacting to some degree would cause an explosion of hate so great, the internet would literally explode. Then the deplorable humans on 4chan would bleed into reality with out 4chan as a buffer and cause a nuclear war and the fall out and then adventure time, and then the magic man.

The world ain't ready for that shit yet mane.

Obviously non of this is exaggerated obviously.

PaulloDEC

"The album will feature original remixes by various artists from a selection of the series’ own music." I assume this means the remixed songs will be sung by popular artists.

I'd be legitimately stunned if that was the case. I'd assumed the artists they refer to would be DJs (or musicians who specialize in remixing existing tracks), especially given the theme of the album is DJ PON3.

Besides, I think expecting "popular artists" to do covers (besides maybe Weird Al) instead of just C-listers doing remixes is expecting too much. Still, really neat that they're doing this

Village

There are pretty good musicians on youtube, so eh I wouldn't mind. Though I don't go out actively finding MLP songs, so I have no idea what the breath of that stuff would even be. I imagine lotta dubstep.

Top Bottom