• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community [OT3] Surely You Saw This Coming

I'm not familiar with this dude... is he not well-regarded?

The issue is just what shows he has written for. Though everyone should keep in mind that a lot of writers for MLP have written for real gunk shows, including for Johnny Test; and that Williams worked on Adventure Time and Spongebob when it was good, yet wrote some of the least well regarded episodes of MLP.

PaulloDEC

Fishhooks is concerning. But Chris Savino and Betsy McGowen both worked on Johnny Test, the former gave us Trixie, the latter Power Ponies.

Yeah, I'm not too concerned just yet. Writers have to eat too; can't really hold it against them if they have to take work on a few dud shows to pay the bills.

brian577

Banned
Yeah, I'm not too concerned just yet. Writers have to eat too; can't really hold it against them if they have to take work on a few dud shows to pay the bills.

Didn't realize this but Meghan McCarthy also worked on Fishhooks. So I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Village

I am believe that people can produce different quality of work for different projects, hopefully this is a fit for him.

I am never scared about this sort of this, unless the person is notably terrible. So ya know if someone at hasbro fucks up and gives Ken Penders a writting job watch out.

Official website has Rainbow Rocks profiles and two new songs (no animation)

The profile details about the side villains probably won't actually come into play in the film proper.

As for the songs, they are both pretty generic. The villain song is better than the one from the preview clip, I felt. The hero song is odd in how it copies some lines from "You've Got the Music in You", but otherwise, I've already forgotten it. It is a bit amusing how the juxtaposition of the two songs gives me a real Sonic Adventure 2 Team Hero vs. Team Dark vibe.

PaulloDEC

Official website has Rainbow Rocks profiles and two new songs (no animation)

The profile details about the side villains probably won't actually come into play in the film proper.

As for the songs, they are both pretty generic. The villain song is better than the one from the preview clip, I felt. The hero song is odd in how it copies some lines from "You've Got the Music in You", but otherwise, I've already forgotten it. It is a bit amusing how the juxtaposition of the two songs gives me a real Sonic Adventure 2 Team Hero vs. Team Dark vibe.

I don't mind either of the villain songs so far; they're not super exciting, but they've got a distinct style about them at least and seem decently written.

As for the new hero song... yikes, what a mess. Not sure what to make of it beyond that.

Village

Question for the future

This version seems like The version.

Do you think this version will be some sort of a mold for a bunch of future versions.

The Franchise I mean, Its like when people thought frank miller was good for 5 seconds and molded batman off that superman vs batman shit.

Question for the future

This version seems like The version.

Do you think this version will be some sort of a mold for a bunch of future versions.

The Franchise I mean, Its like when people thought frank miller was good for 5 seconds and molded batman off that superman vs batman shit.

Yeah, I do suspect that future MLP things will largely be based on this generation. One big problem that the MLP franchise had was that it didn't really have any recognizable characters. I mean, G1 had Firefly and Wind Whistler as characters who are liked by fans, but the former only appeared in one special and it seems like both only just barely connected with people; and G3 attempted to make a core set of 7 characters, but they didn't seem to really click either. However, with Friendship is Magic, you have your Optimus Prime. Multiple really, in that while Twilight is the closest to that role, both Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie are also very popular among the target audience (judging from merchandise). The next generation will probably have a set of characters similar to what we got this time, with several even having the same names. In particular, I expect that we'll get a Twilight that starts out as a princess.

Also, Lindalee reviews the Keys of Friendship DVD... wait, WHAT? How long has she been doing this? If you don't know for the two last years, she's been doing Doctor Who reviews and doing interviews at premieres and expos and such, while being a little girl. Anyway, on one hand, it's amusing that she seems to have a harder time explaining the stories of these episodes than Doctor Who episodes. On the other hand, it seems that she only watches episodes of the show through these DVDs of random episodes, so it sucks that she's missing a lot.

PaulloDEC

Well, well, well.

Equestria Daily said:
From G.M. Berrow's panel at BronyCon, we have yet another writer joining the staff for season 5. It looks like she joined in to write one of the episodes. If you like her style in the book series, expect something in a similar vein to that in the actual show in a few months!

pariah164

TIL that MLPGAF exists...

Hey guys. Bought these fierce ponies:

0GsKIbg.jpg
Gonna style their hair because as of right now, their manes are a hot mess. Not gonna go for show accurate because cutting doll/pony hair terrifies me, just gonna go for nice looking. Will post before and after pics if interest warrants.

Village

TIL that MLPGAF exists...

Hey guys. Bought these fierce ponies:

Gonna style their hair because as of right now, their manes are a hot mess. Not gonna go for show accurate because cutting doll/pony hair terrifies me, just gonna go for nice looking. Will post before and after pics if interest warrants.

Ah I forgot about Fan Art confirmation ponies.

That's official right? if so, you how many episodes of what is going to be devoted to that?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
prrSJfW.png

I'll admit, I am still baffled how a set of goth ponies was approved with Celestia and not the Princess of the Night, Luna.

pariah164

prrSJfW.png

I'll admit, I am still baffled how a set of goth ponies was approved with Celestia and not the Princess of the Night, Luna.
HA! Awesome comic. I still love them though. So cool looking.

I predict a Luna/Applejack two pack to be released in time for Halloween, since Hasbro is the king of making packs of ponies that make no sense.

Village

That's Celestia. Her wings are blue. It's five of the Mane 6, plus Celestia.

In my headcanon, Applejack was like, 'I want no part of this here nonsense' hence why she wasn't included.

I like to imagine they wanted to invite luna, but she was like "I am that, my entire body... is that, and I can transform into more of that . To add more would be just be overkill " .

If you don't look at it to closely, that AJ kinda looks like an older goth Scootaloo instead... then you notice the lack of wings and apple cutie mark and become disappointed.

So now that Bronycon has come and gone, I wonder how the attendance has fluctuated since it's inception. Has it gone up or down or has it simply leveled off? Anyone in the know?

For all the talk I see of the fandom dying and what-not, it seems to be doing quite the opposite. Heck, at Phoenix Comicon this year Pony had a much bigger presence.

pariah164

For all the talk I see of the fandom dying and what-not, it seems to be doing quite the opposite. Heck, at Phoenix Comicon this year Pony had a much bigger presence.
Really? It must have; I last went to Phoenix Comicon in 2012. Had handmade Mane 6 pins on my bag and nobody knew what they meant.

Top Bottom