• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jenga said:
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THE TRUE TERRIBLE LONELY FACE OF MY LITTLE PONY FANS

watch as they squirm and beg pandaman to remove the horrible horrible truth about what they really are

ilvr7b.jpg

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Jenga said:
that slack-jawed cow-tipping fence-hopping yokel?

guffaw, go hug your MLP waifu
Better! But you're missing the nuances of subtlety and 'in' jokes. This was a clumsy stampede.

Now run along you little scamp!

*sigh*
It's so cute watching them grow up.

Mechanical Snowman said:
I think you meant to quote:
And I agree. You can't just try to invalidate something by saying that there's a slight possibility that it could be a lie. If it's 'desperate' to use a quote from the show's creator to back up opinions here and to justify the fan base (not that it needs any sort of justification) then so be it, I guess.
Eh, I was looking at both, couldn't decide which one was more relevant.

So I'm contributing something to the thread, I find this fanbase very interesting. It's... I don't mean to sound pretentious, but it feels like it's at the forefront of something. The creator of the show is trying to break gender stereotypes by creating a good show that is primarily aimed at girls but can also appeal to boys. The straightforward nature of the show, along with high production values, attract an older fanbase. Thanks to the anonymity the internet provides and the ability to distribute the show, the fanbase is able to congregate and grow. This fanbase feels comfortable in enjoying the show because gender norms aren't as strictly enforced as they used to be; liking "pink stuff" isn't wrong, just different.

Well, at least within the more socially liberal circles.

Carry on.

Zomba13

It amazes me that Jenga is still trolling here. Does he have nothing better to do in his free time than to troll a group of people enjoying something that's a little odd?
Just seems a bit sad to me. I mean I get the first bout, people like something you don't so you make fun of them, fair enough, you can do that if you like but to keep doing it over and over and over? Just seems like somepony ain't getting enough hugs :(

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
I was trying to pin down what Jenga's relation with Pony-GAF reminded me of, and I think I finally did it.

PKltV.gif

He's like our lovable but oh-so-grumpy pet!

Zomba13 said:
It amazes me that Jenga is still trolling here. Does he have nothing better to do in his free time than to troll a group of people enjoying something that's a little odd?
Just seems a bit sad to me. I mean I get the first bout, people like something you don't so you make fun of them, fair enough, you can do that if you like but to keep doing it over and over and over? Just seems like somepony ain't getting enough hugs :(

But the trolls are one of the best parts of the MLP fanbase! Who else would we use our POWER OF FRIENDSHIP image macros on?

Arcipello

Mechanical Snowman said:
Not sure if Foxix makes avatars from Youtube vids, so here:

I couldn't get her feet in without that annoying Transformers logo.

brilliant! much appreciated:D this lovely one is now for the taking!
OPGe0.gif

JimiNutz

Banned
Holy shit, I'd been seeing these Pony avs and thought people were being 'ironic' or whatever.
Oh well, I suppose you freaks aren't doing anyone any harm.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
NutJobJim said:
Holy shit, I'd been seeing these Pony avs and thought people were being 'ironic' or whatever.
Oh well, I suppose you freaks aren't doing anyone any harm.
In the past couple weeks I had to watch a pet slowly die. While I love other forms of entertainment such as horror and mma, I wanted something innocent and fun.

Usually I would go to Disney animated movies for this.

I kept on seeing this thread popping up at the top of OT so I was curious. I watched a couple episodes and dismissed it. But it kept on creeping back into my head. I watched more. Then I made a post here on GAF. The response was embracing and fun.

After that, I had an episode that I really enjoyed because it made me laugh. I asked for an avatar because of that episode. Foxix provided me with one. A short time later I get a PM from Foxix and an offer for an improved one. No asking. No requests. It just happened.

If that makes this thread freaky, so be it. I will happily don that mark. This thread is great.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Mechanical Snowman said:
You're welcome :)

And Foxix I've been meaning to thank you for finding the source to my avatar, I keep remembering only after I've made a post. So rude of me, and thank you again.
Yep. Foxix is in need of a dogpile of love from us IMO.

KtSlime

Kalnos said:
I think that the MLP fanbase are the trolls.

If people that value peace, love, tolerance, and respect and have appreciation for cute ponies is what you call trolls, I think the we'd all be better off if the World had more trolls.

Jintor

Jenga said:
I think what's great is that the target audience don't give a shit about MLP and find it lame while it's middle-aged men who have to try to justify watching a children's show on a deep philosophical level in order to justify it to themselves and everyone else

Extrapolating that event to saying the entire target audience doesn't give a shit about MLP is very much like saying that because one 18 year old doesn't watch How I Met Your Mother the entire target audience doesn't give a shit about HIMYM

BY2K

Membero Americo
Jintor said:
Jenga said:
I think what's great is that the target audience don't give a shit about MLP and find it lame while it's middle-aged men who have to try to justify watching a children's show on a deep philosophical level in order to justify it to themselves and everyone else
/QUOTE]

Extrapolating that event to saying the entire target audience doesn't give a shit about MLP is very much like saying that because one 18 year old doesn't watch How I Met Your Mother the entire target audience doesn't give a shit about HIMYM

I'm 21 and I didn't watch even one episode of that show. *Represent!*

Kalnos

Banned
ivedoneyourmom said:
If people that value peace, love, tolerance, and respect and have appreciation for cute ponies is what you call trolls, I think the we'd all be better off if the World had more trolls.

ivedoneyourmom
(Today, 08:43 PM)

400px-Trollface_More_HD.png

Foxix Von

RiccochetJ said:
Yep. Foxix is in need of a dogpile of love from us IMO.

Awww thanks. :D

You guys are so dang awesome it's not even funny. I assure you if it's possible to feel love through an ethernet cable it's happening right now.

I was taking a nap and missed Arcipello's post, and yeah as Mechanical Snowman noticed I don't have a really good means of converting youtube video's to gifs. If I had been awake I would have used http://benderconverter.com.

It's pretty nifty, I've tried converting youtube videos to just about every format and still imageready throws a hissy fit every time I try to import them. It's basically like gifsoup but less annoying and spits out gifs with much higher quality. Only issue is that they limit how many youtube videos you can convert to two a day. That and of course watermarks *shakesfist.*.

G-Fex

I could get all emotional but thanks to you foxix you made me so happy cause I have a thread to dwell in and happy to visit.

Plus seeing your avatar each time brings a smile to my face.

AceBandage said:
G-Fex said:
Lol you guys. Edit: wait what the hell is up with the quotes :lol

That diamond dogs episode was so good, I loved rarity when she was fake moaning, she usually doesn't have much of a personality compared to the others but she was hilarious in this.

One thing I've only just noticed which is cute as fuck, Fluttershy beats her wings when she runs LOL.

Foxix you should look into a different method of creating .gifs. It seems as if you're having to make quite a few work arounds to create .gifs from their original sources. Though I suppose as long as ponychan keeps a steady output of .gifs then you won't run out of stuff to work with.

Jintor

G-Fex said:
Me either, I haven't watched that or community or 30 rock or whatever other popular show. I have no idea what any of them are about.

You should know that Community is rad as shit.

Foxix Von

Mechanical Snowman said:
AceBandage said:
G-Fex said:
Lol you guys. Edit: wait what the hell is up with the quotes :lol

That diamond dogs episode was so good, I loved rarity when she was fake moaning, she usually doesn't have much of a personality compared to the others but she was hilarious in this.

One thing I've only just noticed which is cute as fuck, Fluttershy beats her wings when she runs LOL.

Foxix you should look into a different method of creating .gifs. It seems as if you're having to make quite a few work arounds to create .gifs from their original sources. Though I suppose as long as ponychan keeps a steady output of .gifs then you won't run out of stuff to work with.

Yeah, I'm definitely going to look at what's out there once I get my new laptop set up. Right now my current computer is too old to run... well all sorts of things haha. I do have to make quite a few workarounds. It'll be nice when I get my room all setup and I make the leap into modern computing! Windows 7 looks all shiny nice :O

Also these quotes are whack, yo!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I Am Now said:
... tha fuck
RiccochetJ said:
Take that down.
Furret said:
What the hell's the matter with you Pandaman?

For God's sake take that down.
FoxSpirit said:
Gracious hell Panda, take that down.
G-Fex said:
Stop it pandaman, I don't even know what it is but stop it.
CcrooK said:
Panda. :lol
apocalidiot said:
What the fuck is going on
shadowcomplex said:
hey guys wha- oh my god wtf!

Pony gaf, i am disappointed. so quick are you to abandon the purity of your newfound moe~ when something unnerves you. where is the spine that held us together in the face of our earliest detractors? where is that courage and depth of spirit now?

i say to you, look not upon that image and see a pony and a man, the characters of MLP are not mere ponies. they are the encapsulation of ideal personhood and that is what draws us to them. Loving a MLP character is nothing so strange that we must hide it away in fear of being judged socially and having shame in their appearance betrays the very root of our love for them in the first place.

people do not love rainbow dash because she's a pony with a rainbow mane, they love her for the strength of her spirit and her character. we love applejack because of the honesty and down to earth goodness of her character, not because shes an orange pony with apple tattoos. it is the personality of these characters that is the true force of attraction and personality exists independent of physical appearance.

I am so disappointed, i thought others had discovered a new path to the true beauty of moe~, but it seems some of you really are just creepy and crass. :(

Jenga said:
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THE TRUE TERRIBLE LONELY FACE OF MY LITTLE PONY FANS

watch as they squirm and beg pandaman to remove the horrible horrible truth about what they really are
indeed. :(

ZealousD said:
Panda decided that Twilight Sparkle was his waifu.
a waifu is not something so easily replaced that one finds a new one every other season, you insult my love sir!

G-Fex

Ha I'm listening to American Boy and the DJ Pon-3 avatar is nodding to the beat.

Pandaman said:
Pony gaf, i am disappointed. so quick are you to abandon the purity of your newfound moe~ when something unnerves you. where is the spine that held us together in the face of our earliest detractors? where is that courage and depth of spirit now?

i say to you, look not upon that image and see a pony and a man, the characters of MLP are not mere ponies. they are the encapsulation of ideal personhood and that is what draws us to them. Loving a MLP character is nothing so strange that we must hide it away in fear of being judged socially and having shame in their appearance betrays the very root of our love for them in the first place.

people do not love rainbow dash because she's a pony with a rainbow mane, they love her for the strength of her spirit and her character. we love applejack because of the honesty and down to earth goodness of her character, not because shes an orange pony with apple tattoos. it is the personality of these characters that is the true force of attraction and personality exists independent of physical appearance.

I am so disappointed, i thought others had discovered a new path to the true beauty of moe~, but it seems some of you really are just creepy and crass. :(

indeed. :(

a waifu is not something so easily replaced that one finds a new one every other season, you insult my love sir!

No no no no no no no no no.

Don't do this.

I knew a girl who was in love with Optimus Prime, she drew art, stories, etc. Dinobot too.
She was a crying wreck by the time I gave her what for (scoulding her, not physical abuse)

DO NOT, DO NOT fuck up this for me.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Pandaman said:

people do not love rainbow dash because she's a pony with a rainbow mane, they love her for the strength of her spirit and her character, it is the personality of these characters that is the true force of attraction and personality exists independent of physical appearance.

KeRej.gif

G-Fex said:
Ha I'm listening to American Boy and the DJ Pon-3 avatar is nodding to the beat.

Don't do this.

I knew a girl who was in love with Optimus Prime, she drew art, stories, etc. Dinobot too.
She was a crying wreck by the time I gave her what for (scoulding her, not physical abuse)

To be fair... Prime is one hot stud of a bot.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
G-Fex said:

Don't do this.

there's such a thing as going too far in either direction!

i support people who have waifus, but i don't think its healthy to buy bodypillows of them. >_>

also she obviously had other deep seated social problems that were causing her to act out and like dinobot.

Pandaman said:

Holy Toledo, why must the :lol smiley be gone whyyyyyyy

G-Fex

Pandaman said:
there's such a thing as going too far in either direction!

i support people who have waifus, but i don't think its healthy to buy bodypillows of them. >_>

also she obviously had other deep seated social problems that were causing her to act out and like dinobot.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW

O_O

NIGHTMARES PANDAMAN.

I HEREBY GIVE YOU ONE RIGHT NOW.

AceBandage said:
To be fair... Prime is one hot stud of a bot.

*facehoof*

He's not a stud he's a damn autobot commander!

edit: Ok maybe he is to Elita-1, ONLY TO her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom