• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxix Von

shadowcomplex said:
foxix, what are you using to make all your gif. those must of taken for ever!

A dirt old copy of photoshop & imageready 7. lol, yeah it took a while but things were sort of expedited since I just grab gifs from all over the place and crop them. Hunting down actual scenes and then taking them over to benderconverter/gifsoup takes FOOOOREEEEEEVEEEER and the quality gets super dodgy.

It's fun though and it's giving me something to do til Animation Mentor starts aside from sitting around doing nothing else but spending more time in Persona/Pokemon/DCUO :3

And if anyone can read the text in the banner you get a DJ P.0.N.-3 seal of approval haha.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Myke Greywolf said:
Here you go!

r5vxu.gif

My first self-made animated gif avatar. One more for the pile. :)

Yes! Thank you!

Apple Sauce said:
What wrong reasons? It's not like they wanna fuck the ponies or anything... do they?

Well there's always going to be THOSE people for ANY fanbase, though it's pretty tame and subdued on places like Ponychan with strict Rule 34 and NSFW policies in place.

shuri said:
I wonder how horrified the creators of the show must be.. Read the checklist of values they wanted to introduce in the show; all good stuff for kids.. But the fanbase turns out to be middle-aged men who are obsessed by the show for the wrong reasons and who keep repeating catch phrases to each other over and over again.

0Xomx.png

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
shuri said:
I wonder how horrified the creators of the show must be.. Read the checklist of values they wanted to introduce in the show; all good stuff for kids.. But the fanbase turns out to be middle-aged men who are obsessed by the show for the wrong reasons and who keep repeating catch phrases to each other over and over again.
Choppasmith said:
(Lauren Faust's opinion)
QG7UN.jpg

BY2K said:
That's really the creator of the show? And she likes that WE like it?

Awesome.

Yep, it's her. Deviantart site here: http://fyre-flye.deviantart.com

And I can tell you that, going by every single of her interactions with the fan crowd, she seems to be a great person.

Confused101 said:
Episode: 22: "A Bird in the Hoof" (Airs April 8, 2011)
Fluttershy tries to help the Princess's sick bird, without her permission, and the ponies try to help smooth over the situation.

Even more Fluttershy! yay.

"The princess." Not specified to be Celestia.

LUNA SIGHTING CONFIRMED

G-Fex

The creator is awesome!

You foxix are awesome and so are those avatars, but I'm going to hang onto mine for now, I've really grown to it.

Quick Tip: The show's creator is never going to insult somebody that watches their show in public. They want as many people to watch as possible, no matter who that might be.

Imagine every fan of Brad Pitt's that's ever shaken his hand or asked for a photo. Was he psyched to meet all of them? Almost certainly not, but he was polite to all of them because he wants as many fans as possible.

I have no problem with pony fans, but using that as a defense makes you look desperate. Just watch your show and ignore the people hating on you.

LowParry

DeadRockstar said:
Quick Tip: The show's creator is never going to insult somebody that watches their show in public. They want as many people to watch as possible, no matter who that might be.

Pro tip: You could be wrong in that assumption.

G-Fex

DeadRockstar said:

Imagine every fan of Brad Pitt's that's ever shaken his hand or asked for a photo. Was he psyched to meet all of them? Almost certainly not, but he was polite to all of them because he wants as many fans as possible.

I have no problem with pony fans, but using that as a defense makes you look desperate. Just watch your show and ignore the people hating on you.

I'll never be Brad Pitt's fan, EVER!

Foxix Von

G-Fex said:
The creator is awesome!

You foxix are awesome and so are those avatars, but I'm going to hang onto mine for now, I've really grown to it.

Thanks G-Fex! You guys feel free to stick with them for as long as you guys want :D I just noticed some people were still asking for some. I figured I'd make a nice avatar buffer zone for myself and others haha. Hopefully there's about near enough for everypony to have something good to pick from now.

I'm so glad you guys are digging them so much!

Ok, I saw a couple of episodes and the show is pretty top notch. I still want to say that this thread scares me and I will now be exiting stage right. I'll lurk a little bit, so keep the hype train going.

Choppasmith said:
Well there's always going to be THOSE people for ANY fanbase, though it's pretty tame and subdued on places like Ponychan with strict Rule 34 and NSFW policies in play.

Holy shit, I was only joking when I suggested there were places like that :O

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Foxix said:
Eh, I've seen worse.
LOL. Foxix, you are awesome. I can't even begin to know what you've been through to provide us with these avatars.

Edit: And I really, really, don't. I just want my innocent and happy pony show with great animation that makes me smile once a week.

Jenga

Banned
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THE TRUE TERRIBLE LONELY FACE OF MY LITTLE PONY FANS

watch as they squirm and beg pandaman to remove the horrible horrible truth about what they really are

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Jenga said:
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THE TRUE TERRIBLE LONELY FACE OF MY LITTLE PONY FANS

watch as they squirm and beg pandaman to remove the horrible horrible truth about what they really are
That was a reach. You're trying too hard. Go talk to Astrolad to get some tips.

shuri said:

I don't watch the series (tried an episode, wasn't for me, but I can see the appeal), but your response is weird. It's akin to saying someone who says "I'm ok with this" is actually saying "I am not ok with this." Why not take her at her word? She could have left the comment unanswered, but she chose to reply in a manner which is consistent with her stated goals for the show.

That said, there's always going to be some weird, disturbing part of a fanbase... like pictured above. eww

FlightOfHeaven said:
I don't watch the series (tried an episode, wasn't for me, but I can see the appeal), but your response is weird. It's akin to saying someone who says "I'm ok with this" is actually saying "I am not ok with this." Why not take her at her word? She could have left the comment unanswered, but she chose to reply in a manner which is consistent with her stated goals for the show.

That said, there's always going to be some weird, disturbing part of a fanbase... like pictured above. eww

I think you meant to quote:

DeadRockstar said:

And I agree. You can't just try to invalidate something by saying that there's a slight possibility that it could be a lie. If it's 'desperate' to use a quote from the show's creator to back up opinions here and to justify the fan base (not that it needs any sort of justification) then so be it, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom