• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Arcipello said:
oh i really want a new avatar, and a MLP one would be awesome right now.... can someone cook up a small batch of GIF avatars for those wanting one? :)
this. can i have somthing pointless and useless and clear.
like this
4K3N3.gif

Foxix Von

I've been beefing up my pony folder for the past few days with random stuff from ponibooru, stuff posted here, and ponychan. I'm currently in the process of cropping a lot of stuff. If you guys can hang on til later today/midday tomorrow you'll be bound to find something in batch number 4. I'll also edit this post in a second to include the current list of avatars from batches 1-3.

EDIT: For pony avatars from batches 1-3 click here.

mollipen

Watched the first two episodes. Things I've learned so far:

* I can't believe how much I like the character designs in this show
* Fluttershy so far may be my favorite. However, that could be due to the fact that the one MLP toy I had as a child was a yellow pegasus
* Rainbow Dash is a lesbian
* Derpy Hooves
* "I can't clop to this!"

After seeing all those avatars, I decided to watch the first two episodes. And I enjoyed it quite a bit! I love the animations, the voice acting is very good and it's genuinely funny. Guess I'll watch the rest now. Damn you all to hell, you cute little sparkly ponies.

KtSlime

Arcipello said:
awesome, im claiming this one for now until i see whats in batch 4:D

Sweet, we needed some Rarity love.

tinabina said:
pfft, watch Phineas and Ferb!

I love that show too, however it is a bit more formulaic that MLP:FiM.

ZealousD said:
Then you haven't seen Adventure Time.

Adventure Time is totally math! The Exodu5 should give that show a go as well, there is enough love for all the ponies to watch all these great shows.

Foxix, just because I don't think people say it enough: You rock, your dedication to this thread and the creation of awesome avatars is great. I think you are part of the glue that holds us together, and I thank you for that.

Thanks to everypony for making this thread great!

Watched the first 2 episodes. Thought it was eh. Don't get all the love, but I'm definitely not gonna fault anyone for it. If I had an excuse to watch it like a daughter or something, I wouldn't be upset or anything, but it's not good enough for me to invest any more free time in it.

FoxSpirit

cosmicblizzard said:
Watched the first 2 episodes. Thought it was eh. Don't get all the love, but I'm definitely not gonna fault anyone for it. If I had an excuse to watch it like a daughter or something, I wouldn't be upset or anything, but it's not good enough for me to invest any more free time in it.

I say give it two more eps and then bust out. First two episodes are nice but not so very engaging.

G-Fex

Foxix said:
I've been beefing up my pony folder for the past few days with random stuff from ponibooru, stuff posted here, and ponychan. I'm currently in the process of cropping a lot of stuff. If you guys can hang on til later today/midday tomorrow you'll be bound to find something in batch number 4. I'll also edit this post in a second to include the current list of avatars from batches 1-3.

EDIT: For pony avatars from batches 1-3 click here.

You're a pony avatar genius Foxix

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
jobber said:
where are the gifs of Spike's dream?? His smug was awesome.

Who cares when you got WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

svwBo.png

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
shidoshi said:
* Rainbow Dash is a lesbian
Man, not even the implied threesome with two male ponies in "Sonic Rainboom" was enough to make people forget this idea!

shidoshi said:
* Derpy Hooves
I love Derpy. I hate Derpy fans who keep imagining that she must be retarded just because of her eyes and that "muffins" line on "Applebuck Season". There's no reason to think that Derpy is retarded. I would write an awesome fanfic to set this straight, if I had no life.

shidoshi said:
* "I can't clop to this!"
You've been going to some interesting sites, I'll bet.

Koomaster

Bufbaf said:
Who cares when you got WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

svwBo.png
LOL! I was crying laughing too much from the first Weeeee that I missed her riding on top of Fluttershy! I will have to rewatch the episode now!

Foxix Von

ivedoneyourmom said:
Foxix, just because I don't think people say it enough: You rock, your dedication to this thread and the creation of awesome avatars is great. I think you are part of the glue that holds us together, and I thank you for that.
Thanks to everypony for making this thread great!

G-Fex said:
You're a pony avatar genius Foxix

Awwwww, thanks you guys ^_^

Highlights from the new ep.:
"You know my name..."
Pinkie riding Fluttershy and the swan dive afterwards
Spike's dream
"Please Twilight, just give me this."
Rarity's VA overall. That actress is amazing.

On another note, no cutie mark for Sapphire Shores? Could it have been a microphone but then they remembered they were saving that for someone else?

Found this also.

Episode: 22: "A Bird in the Hoof" (Airs April 8, 2011)
Fluttershy tries to help the Princess's sick bird, without her permission, and the ponies try to help smooth over the situation.

Even more Fluttershy! yay.

The last two episodes have still not been named. I suspect they'll be the two parts to the season finale.

FoxSpirit

Myke Greywolf said:
Man, not even the implied threesome with two male ponies in "Sonic Rainboom" was enough to make people forget this idea!

He/she only saw the first two episodes. Also, cut that out, it's nice this show is so far away from any of that stuff.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
FoxSpirit said:
He/she only saw the first two episodes. Also, cut that out, it's nice this show is so far away from any of that stuff.

If Shidoshi is talking about Derpy and "clopping", I'll bet he/she has seen a lot more than the first two episodes - and I'm not referring to other episodes.

Anyway, I was just kidding. Nothing is implied, and people don't have to think that way, but the writer must have known that some people would.

To those who were offended, I'm sorry.

KtSlime

Myke Greywolf said:
I love Derpy. I hate Derpy fans who keep imagining that she must be retarded just because of her eyes and that "muffins" line on "Applebuck Season". There's no reason to think that Derpy is retarded. I would write an awesome fanfic to set this straight, if I had no life.

Not saying she is or is not retarded, but I don't mind the fan community playing like she is. I don't see it too much differently than Rainbow Dash being lesbian. My only opposition to Derpy being retarded is because it would reinforce a possible stereotype that people that look different are slow. That said, I think it could be a good message to have a pony that isn't all quite there yet is still able to fulfill a productive role in society - like the fan community has done with Derpy and her mail delivery (Even if she often gets it wrong :lol).

But that pic with Twilight hitting Derpy with the board is SO what happened with her on the Internet.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
ivedoneyourmom said:
My only opposition to Derpy being retarded is because it would reinforce a possible stereotype that people that look different are slow.
That is exactly my point. I'm also not against having some kind of mentally handicapped pony somewhere down the line - just not this one, because of that. This situation only points out the fandom's own preconceptions, because there are absolutely no other reasons to think that she might not be mentally normal.

And if you tell me about the dropped cargo in "Feeling Pinkie Keen", would you be associating that accident with a mental handicap if it wasn't a certain wall-eyed pony doing it? I think not.

Season 2 better have some episode where all Ponyville (as a metaphor for the fans) underestimates Derpy because of her silly looks. But this is just wishful thinking.

D7flK.png

G-Fex said:
So Spike dreams of himself that way? Does he also dream of winning over rarity?
Come on, do you really want someone to answer that, or do you want to see for yourself? ;)

KtSlime

Myke Greywolf said:
That is exactly my point. I'm also not against having some kind of mentally handicapped pony somewhere down the line - just not this one, because of that. This situation only points out the fandom's own preconceptions, because there are absolutely no other reasons to think that she might not be mentally normal.

And if you tell me about the dropped cargo in "Feeling Pinkie Keen", would you be associating that accident with a mental handicap if it wasn't a certain wall-eyed pony doing it? I think not.

Season 2 better have some episode where all Ponyville (as a metaphor for the fans) underestimates Derpy because of her silly looks. But this is just wishful thinking.

Yeah, that's exactly why I don't advocate it. I can see where the fan community is coming from, but personally I like to think Derpy (Dittzy Doo?) was making that face because she was being reprimanded and was showing a bit of sass to her manager.

I may be the only pony here that thinks this, but I want our society to be more like Equestria, rather than have Equestria better reflect our reality. You, me, and everyone else that is able to read these stereotypes into these characters have been done an injustice, and while I think it is too late for us (We will form prejudicial opinion, but we should still be able to see we are making such an opinion and adjust our initial reactions to ones that are more open and better for all of society, even though we have already been partly corrupted) is is not too late for the children watching this show. So I want to keep stereotypes as far it as possible.

Good role models from all walks of life should get some representation, and I look forward to see MLP make the world a better place, if only a little.

FoxSpirit

By the way, has anyone else hit up the Hasbro website? That merchandise looks serious low quality, I think I remember my sisters stuff was much better when I was young.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Koomaster said:
LOL! I was crying laughing too much from the first Weeeee that I missed her riding on top of Fluttershy! I will have to rewatch the episode now!
I had to stop it and rewind because I was laughing so much.
Also the part where the dogs are filling up the holes and you see Pinkie happily prancing towards a hole while all the others are running like mad :D

IsayFever

Diamond Dogs are more akin to Goblins than dogs? Their posture and arm sizes just weren't very canineish. The run of the mill guard dogs though were dogs!

Dai101

Banned
RiccochetJ said:
I had to stop it and rewind because I was laughing so much.
Also the part where the dogs are filling up the holes and you see Pinkie happily prancing towards a hole while all the others are running like mad :D

Well, that's her stuff. She just prances instead of walk or even run .... and i love it

KtSlime

FoxSpirit said:
By the way, has anyone else hit up the Hasbro website? That merchandise looks serious low quality, I think I remember my sisters stuff was much better when I was young.

Yeah, it is rather low quality. 5$ isn't bad, but they are almost like like a cross between G3 and G4, and with really bad hair. I would want a plushie anyway, I hate to admit it, but I have a collection of plushies ranging between Ghibli, to Japanese video game characters. An AJ or Fluttershy or Pinkie Pie would fit nicely into my collection...

Whogie

^^^ That's pretty funny.

I started this show yesterday with the newest episode and I couldn't get into it. I saw this thread, and gave it another try and it clicked. I've only got a few left until I've seen them all.

Who's started buying the toys?

C'moooon... Someone has to. People on gaf spend >$100 on Animu toys, someone must have their favourite pony!

Foxix Von

Apple Sauce said:
Who's started buying the toys?

C'moooon... Someone has to. People on gaf spend >$100 on Animu toys, someone must have their favourite pony!
I'm still waiting for someone to give some impressions of the shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom