• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Dai101 said:
http://i.imgur.com/m65xy.png

This is the perfect encapsulation for why this show is popular.

Oh that note, I've officially watched 14 episodes. I know exactly why I'm doing it, and I hate myself for it. =/

Amibguous Cad said:
Not really, except that
Rainbow Dash is a lesbian

The day that this series addresses sexuality is the day it dies.

KtSlime

Myke Greywolf said:
EXACTLY!

... I probably find this funnier than I should.

ANYHOO!

I finished subbing episodes 1 and 2 in european portuguese! Thankfully, episode 2 was not as dialogue-heavy as the first one.

The tougher part was Pinkie's song, and I think this is going to be a given from now on. So many synonyms for "laugh"!

The timing in the files is synchronized to the 1080p Hub HDTV rips. Video files from other sources may have slightly different timings, due to small differences in the way ad breaks have been cut.

If someone (namely ivedoneyourmom) wants to use these timings for their own translation projects, feel free to do so. Here is the link to my files:

http://www.mediafire.com/mlp-fim_pt-pt_subs

Feel free to use them, just credit Myke Greywolf for timing. ;)

Good job! I'm not sure how much I am going to get done - I will likely be going on relief effort for Japan if I can; but if I do have time to continue this project I'll likely use your timings, so Thanks in advance. =)

ZealousD said:
Oh that note, I've officially watched 14 episodes. I know exactly why I'm doing it, and I hate myself for it. =/

That's okay, we all love you!
129968923440.jpg

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
ZealousD said:
The day that this series addresses sexuality is the day it dies.

I'll have to agree a little with you. Well, maybe not die, but certainly lose 99% of its "innocence" cred. At this point in time, and knowing that the production team is aware of the adult fandom, it would just seem like pandering to the pervier fans.

Therefore, I'm against introducing any kind of sexuality in this show.
Although there's a less rational part of me that would like to see it done.
While I can find speculation regarding character sexuality fun (and it certainly is fun for Rainbow Dash), it's ultimately pointless, because it's not gonna happen. This show is about friendship, remember?
Which is also an important ingredient for love.

Meanwhile, in the CMC headquarters...

pN2Mu.jpg

Foxix Von

Master Milk said:
I turned on the TV only to discover something truly horrible.

. . . We don't have the Hub anymore.

Oh well.

I feel your pain, I don't get Hub either ;_;

I just have to sit it out and wait for a youtube upload.

Foxix said:
I feel your pain, I don't get Hub either ;_;

I just have to sit it out and wait for a youtube upload.
I'll probably just wait for the HD uploads. It was mainly just a minor shock, since I was expecting the Hub, only to find a message telling me there's no Hub. I'll be over it in five or ten minutes, no huge loss.

mollipen

As somebody whose only television channels come from whatever I can get with an antenna, how would I even begin to get into this show? Is my best chance just to wait for it to hit DVD (and then Netflix), or is there an easy way to pick it up from the very beginning?

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
shidoshi said:
As somebody whose only television channels come from whatever I can get with an antenna, how would I even begin to get into this show? Is my best chance just to wait for it to hit DVD (and then Netflix), or is there an easy way to pick it up from the very beginning?

You can find all episodes on Youtube, just search "my little pony friendship is magic".

Some of them are in 1080p quality, too.

KtSlime

Myke Greywolf said:
You can find all episodes on Youtube, just search "my little pony friendship is magic".

Some of them are in 1080p quality, too.

Shidoshi; There might not be a DVD release, Lauren Faust the creator is pulling for us, but the show's primary goal, in the mind of Hasbro who bankroll it, is to sell little toys. Fortunately this means they don't care if people upload it to youtube, stream it live, or put it up for download.

KtSlime

Koomaster said:
Spike's dream sequence = best!

That was a lot of freakin' gems; wonder what the Diamond Dogs even use them for other than clothes?

I love you Koomaster, but please use spoiler tags.

*cries* I wish they offered Hub here.

Koomaster

ivedoneyourmom said:
I love you Koomaster, but please use spoiler tags.

*cries* I wish they offered Hub here.
Sorry! *brony hug*

I don't think those were really spoilers, nothing significant to what takes place in the episode. :happysad:

Just left my last class, finishing my last paper, then it's two weeks of Spring Break. New episode on YouTube later, Skyping my family this afternoon... in the immortal words of Rainbow Dash: Best. Day. Ever.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Great episode, definitely top tier. Rarity is earning more and more of my respect, and it's always good to see more from Spike, who had been severely underused lately.

I also liked:
- Spike:
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
(Twice)
- Spike's dream.
Manly Spike
!
- Shipping teasing is solid gold for the fans.
- Rarity:
"But I thought you wanted whining!"
- Spike:
"Please, Twilight. Just give me this."
- The ponies expectations regarding Rarity's situation, vs. the reality.
- Is Sapphire Shores a mix of Lady Gaga and Missy Elliott, or something? :p

My moral for this episode: Girls will trick you and wrap around their hoof finger if you give them the chance.

Also, is it just me, or does anybody else think that the Diamond Dogs remind them of the Rat Creatures from "Bone"?

Epcott

Finally watched this show two days ago...

And mistakenly blurted out at work that I actually did...

(@_@) thank you gaf!

>:-(

Foxix Von

Epcott said:

(@_@) thank you gaf!

I dunno about the rest of you guys but I would love to hear more of how this went down with your coworkers. Most of my friends have been super critical haha.

mj1108

Epcott said:

(@_@) thank you gaf!

....and what happened? What did your co-workers say?

Dai101

Banned
Foxix said:
Looks like the youtube video is up for Diamond Dogs!

Yup, i just watched it (although it was a very bad encode, but anypony in any way is welcomed) and it's amazing. Love to see some Spike centered episode and Rarity, it's becomeing my second favorite pony.

Cant' wait for the 1080p upload

Epcott

Foxix said:
I dunno about the rest of you guys but I would love to hear more of how this went down with your coworkers. Most of my friends have been super critical haha.

Blank stares and agape mouths (and these coworkers are animation fans).
So I had to mention how the old show was usually placed between G.I. Joe, Transformers, Robotix, Inhumanoids, Potato Head Kids, and other Hasbro-tunes, that I watched it out of curiosity and 80's nostalgia...

...but it really didn't help, they pretty much laughed for a good 10 minutes after that. Then they proceeded to talk about Naruto as if Ponies were never mentioned.

:/

I seriously doubt I'll hear the end of it, it'll be brought back up later, its being savored now.

G-Fex

Epcott said:
So I had to mention how the old show was usually placed between G.I. Joe, Transformers, Robotix, Inhumanoids, Potato Head Kids, and other Hasbro-tunes, that I watched it out of curiosity and 80's nostalgia...

...but it really didn't help, they pretty much laughed for a good 10 minutes after that. Then they proceeded to talk about Naruto as if Ponies were never mentioned.

I seriously doubt I'll hear the end of it, it'll be brought back up later, its being savored now.

theres the problem

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
G-Fex said:
Yup I loved her intro.

Twilight: What's your name?

Fluttershy: *mumbles* fluttershy ._.
You just stated the precise moment when I knew this show had me hooked (see avatar).

vrFB8.gif

Epcott said:
They must be made to see the light.

More fan-artsy stuff. These pieces have Myke Greywolf's seal of approval. Click at your own risk.

Luna
Filly Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash
Twilight Sparkle, Ace Attorney
Twilight Sparkle
Still not ginger
Rave of the Century

Foxix Von

Epcott said:

Sounds like it went over about as well as my facebook post haha.

YedNS.png

It goes on like that for about 25 more posts.

We'll just have to live with the burden.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Foxix said:

No good can come from letting RL friends know about your love of ponies.

Even if you somehow got them to understand, they'll still make fun of you for it.

Foxix Von

ZealousD said:

Even if you somehow got them to understand, they'll still make fun of you for it.

Well sort of. My regular group of friends basically reacted like that second FB post. My gay friends, however, were all on board the pony train and super excited at the thought of a good MLP cartoon. Haha.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
ZealousD said:

I can attest to this. Fortunately he now just pats me on the head and sends me happily scurrying on my way. I'm am ok with this new arrangement.

Feep

Banned
I watched the pilot.

I can semi-understand the love, I guess. But yeah, telling people you like My Little Pony would be an issue.

Steamlord

So I'm all caught up and now I'm familiar with the agony of waiting for a new episode (I'm waiting for the HD upload).

Oh yeah, this is my first post in this thread. Um...

1. Rainbow Dash
2. Fluttershy
3. Applejack
4. Pinkie Pie
5. Twilight Sparkle
6. Rarity (I do like her, I just like the others more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom