• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony product first to go out of stock at Hasbro Comic-Con booth

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offense, but defending your fanbase from its creepier side and then quickly turning around and deriding another fanbase because of its creepier side is rather hypocritical.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The funny thing is that I've seen it go the other way, too. Sonic Retro outright banned any talking of MLP, period. Pony avatars are okay, but that's about it.

Both directions just kind of leave me shaking my head, honestly.

Which why in the end it's really just nerds hating other nerds.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I dunno, it's pretty weird how MLP blew up...I've seen at least, like, five forums where either...

A) Everyone is into MLP. One forum I visit pretty much has all the mods in on it, and the other day someone literally steal-edited a person's post in a quote and changed "somebody" to "somepony". It really freaked me out, because the topic had nothing to do with MLP and it was never mentioned, but someone decided to edit a post to include it. :/

B) MLP discussion is literally banned. I know it's like this on SA, and I recall for awhile GAF had a lot of anti-MLP sentiment after it began to leak into every thread.

So I can understand why people are weirded out.

The part that bothers me the most, however, is how people act like MLP is the first show made for kids that teaches life lessons...when most of the life lessons are stuff most kids learn, or should know, already at a young age. This is pretty much on display in that infamous "Brony Sociology Chart" and the equally infamous picture of the Holocaust with the pony inserted in, where one of the comments literally has a person stating that before the pony wad added, they weren't able to fully appreciate the horror of the Nazi regime. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom