• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My mind is so stressed that I just don't want to live

I feel better after sleep. Don't want to talk about it. I will discuss it with my wife.

Thank you for the advice and being here to talk to when I didn't have anyone else.
That's awesome man, I just wanted to remind of of how unique you are and valuable. Just think about how you are the only one like you there won't ever be another one of you in forever.

:)

Stay strong brother.

SomTervo

I feel better after sleep. Don't want to talk about it. I will discuss it with my wife.

Thank you for the advice and being here to talk to when I didn't have anyone else.

You can work it out man. Have no fear and be pragmatic.

Also there's no quick fix. It has to be a long game. Be prepared for that if you're committed.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/09/24/news/economy/single-americans-on-rise-pew/index.html
Most married woman seek financial stability over sex.
I've seen these examples everywhere.

Not an ideal reference, but regardless that doesn't mean sex is always at the bottom of a woman's "list", like you implied.

If you were in dire financial straits I'm sure sex would be far from your mind, too.

WhatNXt

I'd implore you not to take any hasty advice about leaving her or getting a mistress etc to heart. And I'm sure you won't.

There will be things at the root of this. The finances, her feelings about herself as much as about you, your own feelings about yourself... communication is the right course of action man, you can do this.

And if you need any more advice we're always here!

dramatis

I feel like it is a bit questionable to be using suicide as a threat to get your wife to have sex with you.

If the relationship is not working out, then seek couple's counseling, if that still doesn't work out, then get a divorce.

I can't believe there is someone who just advocated that OP cheat on his wife, and then "keep her and the kids out of financial convenience". It's like there's no possible story on the wife's side.

entremet

I think you need to focus on your own mental health before tackling your relationship issues.

Suicidal ideation is a bigger fish to fry right now. Take care of that first.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I think you need to focus on your own mental health before tackling your relationship issues.

Suicidal ideation is a bigger fish to fry right now. Take care of that first.

Yes. No one thing is going to resolve all your challenges. Allow yourself to take some time to focus on yourself and your own mental and physical health. Please call the suicide prevention hotline, talking to someone honestly and candidly will do wonders for how you feel right now.

Afterward, you can take stock of your life and start tackling your challenges one by one. Don't put pressure on yourself, don't overthink all the things that need to get done, take everything a step at a time - every step forward will feel small, but motherfucker time flies. In no time, you'll look back and see just how far you've come.

Just take that first step, call the number.

I feel like it is a bit questionable to be using suicide as a threat to get your wife to have sex with you.

Where is he doing that?

Feel free to PM me anytime Xtyle, I've owned my own business for near 18 years now and the misses and I have had our share of ups and downs sexually, emotionally and financially. Glad you're feeling better after some sleep mate. I'm from the land down under of spiders and snakes so it may not always be an instant reply but you'll always get a real ear and honest reply.

Xtyle

I think she understand my frustration as she's been trying to talk to me.

And I have to stress this, I mentioned sex, a lot. But it is more than that. It is the lonelyless and the frustration that comes with that. There were times when i just wanted the warmth of someone next to me while I slept but even that was a far reach for me to get. Imagine you living with your spouse, sleep on the same bed but on separate sides with your own blankets and you don't talk much...because it makes you depressed to talk.

The above is my situation. Granted it is been a bit better now after we fought last month...we kinda opened the communication window with that fight.

I was feeling very depressed last night but way way better now. I am not doing myself any harm so no worries. But thank you for all your kind advice. It helps me to see different perspectives.

Justin Bailey

------ ------
Go to a couple's therapist. I'm glad you're feeling better now but go see a therapist together about these issues. They won't just go away.

brawly

Have you ever tried to spice up your sex life? Be a bit romantic?

"Have sex with me" is bound to get montonous and boring.

Don't feel guilty about mentioning sex. I went to couples therapy a bit when I was married and the therapist explained that sex becomes the focus because sex is a symptom of a healthy relationship.

So when one person says they want more intimacy they're really communicating they want stability, love, to be desired, assurance, etc.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Get a gym/rock climbing/boxing membership. Start training slowly to some music. Take up swimming. It's very meditative.

Sign up for a motorcycling course, get a bike, get your kids involved in the hobby (or get involved in something they're interested in.)

Your stress wil dissipate while your wife gets a raging ladyboner for your newfound rebellious youthfulness.

Then fuck really fucking hard.

jtb

Banned
Go to therapy. Take care of yourself, first. Often, the most difficult part of being under incredible stress is being unable prioritize or identify the causes of your stress - rather than the causes themselves. Therapy is great for helping you identify these causes, and a good stepping stone for resolving your relationship issues with your wife.

Ignore all the morons making crass jokes in this thread.

Blackie

Usually lack of physical contact in a relationship is a bright red warning sign but could result from a number of factors. Self-harm is probably a bad play for you considering your situation. I would try multiple options before that. Sounds like you had a grief explosion and are feeling a little better now though. Good luck navigating this painful life trial! There is always a chance to change your fortune even if you have to completely change certain things...

ApharmdX

Banned

Only thing I can say is that, if you haven't dealt with these issues, they will reoccur, and you will feel this way again. Start taking steps to deal with them as soon as possible.

xBladeM6x

Here's the options I'd say work.

1: Find a Mistress and work on the relationship in the meantime, and cut off with mistress once things are better. (not recommended)

2: Marriage Counselling.

3: Divorce.

Cabal

Here's the options I'd say work.

1: Find a Mistress and work on the relationship in the meantime, and cut off with mistress once things are better.

2: Marriage Counselling.

3: Divorce.

Option 1 is a shitty thing to do to both his wife and his mistress. If you need sex bad enough to cheat, use option 3 for everyone’s sake.

xBladeM6x

Option 1 is a shitty thing to do to both his wife and his mistress. If you need sex bad enough to cheat, use option 3 for everyone's sake.

I never said it's moral, I just said it worked. Lol. I also don't advocate for option 1, but it's there.

Get a gym/rock climbing/boxing membership. Start training slowly to some music. Take up swimming. It's very meditative.

Sign up for a motorcycling course, get a bike, get your kids involved in the hobby (or get involved in something they're interested in.)

Your stress wil dissipate while your wife gets a raging ladyboner for your newfound rebellious youthfulness.

Then fuck really fucking hard.
This response I do recommend, however.

Top Bottom