• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Nintendo Picross: Zelda TP leaked (March 31st)

deleted

Mario's Super Picross (the Super Famicom version) is available on the Wii U Virtual Console in EU/AU but not NA.

3DS -> Mario Picross (GB) on Virtual Console!

There is actually a bunch of Picross e1 - e6, but I can't really say which one is the best of these. I didn't like e3 though.

If you are fine with spending more than 5 bucks on Picross, pay for unlimited Picroits in Pokémon Picross - the Picross eX games have more puzzles for cheaper though, try those first.

Picross e1 through e6 are standard games. Pokemon Picross is f2p but it'll take forever to get anywhere without paying anything.

There's also Mario's Picross for Game Boy, which is on the 3DS VC in all regions, plus the retail versions of Picross & Picross 3D for DS, and Picross 3D 2 may be coming to 3DS in NA/EU/AU soon.

Thanks guys - maybe I'll just go with the Mario's Picross for the GB first.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Since Nintendo itself loaded these assets on their servers, I suppose the next batch of details for MyNintendo is happening around...next week, I'd say?

Thanks guys - maybe I'll just go with the Mario's Picross for the GB first.

I'd really recommend Pokemon Picross or Picross E6 for a first timer. The NES and SNES games have to be played with button controls rather than the stylus, which is a bit of a pain, and there are some nice help functions in the new games if you need them. Pokemon is free to start, so it's the easiest way to just get a taste of what it's all about, and E6 is the best value if you decide you want to spend money.

Ansatz

Yeah there's no reason to release generic Picross games anymore now that the expanded audience is gone, using core franchises makes the games more appealing.

Speaking of Nintendo franchises, why is there no rhythm game based on Nintendo games? The original songs in HarmoKnight were nice but playing to the Pokemon theme was hype.

Shizza

My goodness, at this point I have to believe that all/most of these leaks are controlled.

On topic: Sounds neat. I've never played a Picross game, but I'm down to try it out!

Semajer

Yes, YES!

Now is the time to release those Japanese Club Nintendo Picross games in English.

Then the Gameboy Mario Picross 2.
Then the Nintendo Power Picross.
Then make more Picross.
Then add Picross to unrelated games.

Neoxon

Since Nintendo itself loaded these assets on their servers, I suppose the next batch of details for MyNintendo is happening around...next week, I'd say?
Probably.

In that case, perhaps Picross 2 will be digital-only (while Rhythm Heaven Megamix & maybe Style Savvy 3 receive physical releases).

They're not crucial in the slightest. Mario Picross is a fine place to start.

Ignoring everything else, Pokémon Picross is obviously the place to start because it's free so how can there be a more perfect introduction than that? If it turns out you don't like it, you've lost nothing. If you do like it, get Mario Picross.

There's not even an argument to be had here.

Yes, YES!

Now is the time to release those Japanese Club Nintendo Picross games in English.

Then the Gameboy Mario Picross 2.
Then the Nintendo Power Picross.
Then make more Picross.
Then add Picross to unrelated games.
Mario's Super Picross could also grace the 3DS Virtual Console. I'd be all for it.

They're not crucial in the slightest. Mario Picross is a fine place to start.

I really disagree. Even ignoring stuff like touch controls or Mega Picross, basic things like the laggy cursor for selecting squares makes it terrible to play.

Was going to make this in reply, but yeah, karma cow is right.

I honestly think Mario's picross should only be played once you've exhausted your other options.

Regiruler

Was going to make this in reply, but yeah, karma cow is right.

I honestly think Mario's picross should only be played once you've exhausted your other options.

The puzzle design in mario picross has been substantially better than the puzzles in pokemon, IMO. Pokemon is nice to try to see if you like the base mechanics, but once you beat world 1 you should really get mario's picross.

KarmaCow

Mario's Picross plays fine for me.
I only use button controls even on the latest versions.

I don't use touch controls either which is what makes Mario Picross annoying to play. You simply cannot play as a fast since the cursor can't keep up.

The puzzle design in mario picross has been substantially better than the puzzles in pokemon, IMO. Pokemon is nice to try to see if you like the base mechanics, but once you beat world 1 you should really get mario's picross.

There's also a lot of cruft in Pokemon Picross, especially when the F2P stuff has not been disabled through buying enough stuff.

KingWool

Banned
I don't use touch controls either which is what makes Mario Picross annoying to play. You simply cannot play as a fast since the cursor can't keep up.

There's also a lot of cruft in Pokemon Picross, especially when the F2P stuff has not been disabled through buying enough stuff.

You can disable F2P?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Speaking of Nintendo franchises, why is there no rhythm game based on Nintendo games? The original songs in HarmoKnight were nice but playing to the Pokemon theme was hype.

DDR_Mario_Mix.jpg

Friendly reminder that Wii Virtual Console releases were leaked all the time by just by peeking into their server, at least until they plugged that hole.

This kind of leak really isn't anything new.

Sounds awesome, but I can't get TPHD anytime soon, so I betternot miss out or they better sell it seperately.

Also sounds like there will be other Picross games basedon new releases. Kirby Robobot pls.

Yeah there's no reason to release generic Picross games anymore now that the expanded audience is gone, using core franchises makes the games more appealing.

Donkey Konga had lots of Nintendo music?

I hope this is either fully free, something I can pay for fully at a reasonable price, or something with a lot smaller purchase amounts than Pokemon Picross.

I love Picross, but Pokemon Picross was a really bad value compared to the other Picross games. Im still trying to play it with only putting about $5 into it and there are a good 15 levels or so to unlock before then, which means doing a LOT of daily challenge puzzles.

I love Picross, but Pokemon Picross was a really bad value compared to the other Picross games.

It's not bad value, it just takes time if you don't pay.

I mean, it's bad value for $30 if you unlock the whole thing compared to the e-series, but it's not bad value in and of itself because there's no need to pay that if you have the slightest patience.

Top Bottom