• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Nintendo Picross: Zelda TP leaked (March 31st)

You're just totally ignoring that you can also get 300 puzzles for nothing, or almost any amount in between. It's not good or bad value by itself, it depends what each individual player puts in.
Depends on how much you value the time investment, though. The math for a free player works out to 376 days of doing Daily Challenges to unlock everything. You will only unlock a new zone every 9-10 days. And that's assuming you don't waste picrites expanding your energy gauge or your party slots. It may just be me and my love of puzzle games, but the idea of spending 8-9 day sin a row just starting up the game to do one single daily challenge every day before turning it off again isn't really that tempting.

So you can do it for free, but I wouldn't place too much value in that option. The game is heavily designed around making you pay.

To clarify, that's 300 puzzles counting the alter world stuff right?
Can't say for sure. Sites I find just say "More than 300 puzzles." I'm assuming the advanced world stuff isn't counted.

Even counting those it would be hard to beat the value in other Picross titles. Unless those advanced levels account for an extra 450 puzzles.

Depends on how much you value the time investment, though. The math for a free player works out to 376 days of doing Daily Challenges to unlock everything. You will only unlock a new zone every 9-10 days. And that's assuming you don't waste picrites expanding your energy gauge or your party slots. It may just be me and my love of puzzle games, but the idea of spending 8-9 day sin a row just starting up the game to do one single daily challenge every day before turning it off again isn't really that tempting.

So you can do it for free, but I wouldn't place too much value in that option. The game is heavily designed around making you pay.

That 376-day estimate is wildly wrong (and includes party slots, stamina, etc) but yes, it will take a long time. The game only asks for 1-2 minutes a day though, so in reality even if you play for a year you're unlocking everything in 6-10 hours.

That's not a huge time committment, for a video game, though it helps that I find the daily challenge fun.

Top Bottom