• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Nintendo Thread: Mii Nintendo, U Nintendo, Wii Nintendo

-shadow-

The website currently has 2 easter eggs which give you Coins

1 - Click the Coin laying on the ground for 30

2 - Click the Block at the bottom right-hand corner of the page, which gives you a mini-game, which will give you 10

No idea if these are Daily or 1 time only.

The first one never happened for me. Just the second one.

MK_768

Points expire after 6 months😑 Wtf man.

I think it's fine as long as things are added/changed every month which seems to be the case. We'll see in 6-12 months if this policy is okay or not. Making a judgment now is a bit early.

Also, FWIW it is much easier to get coins. You can get coins/points every day without spending a penny.

Morts

Zelda Picross acquired.

The points expiring after 6 months shouldn't be a problem if there's stuff to spend it on. If five months from now they have the same rewards up there, then we can bitch.

RedToad64

It's great that I can see my transaction history online now, but it only goes back to when my Nintendo Network ID was created. I had a ton of 3DS, Game Boy, and DSiWare downloads before then but they don't show up.

Of course, Wii Shop Channel and DSi Shop transactions don't appear but I at least want a full list of everything on my 3DS.

Wait, the rewards also have an expire date (like Club Nintendo). I went to the Captain Toad discount and found this:
Reward info
Reward available until: : 5/1/2016 at 5 AM

So they are going to rotate the prizes and have a 6 month limit.

I'm pretty much digital only on 3DS and Wii U, so it's great for me and everyone else who's the same. The best part is that it's available in more countries than CN was. Club Nintendo was completely pointless for us in Scandinavia for example.

That's cool for you guys! Especially if you're mostly digital.

Is there actually a second secret for 30 pointsby clicking a coin on the ground? I clicked a coin neat my Mii and got 30 platinum points, but the website says it is a weekly bonus for logging into My Nintendo. There is also a reward for signing into a Nintendo account on the official Nintendo website weekly, despite not being in the missions list.

It seems to me that it's possible to earn 120 platinum points per week without even touching Miitomo. I'm checking out my points history (which can be found at https://my.nintendo.com/point/history) and there are four tasks labelled as "weekly":
- Sign in to Miiverse
- Sign in to Nintendo eShop
- Visit the official Nintendo website while signed in to your Nintendo account
- Collect the My Nintendo sign-in bonus [this is the reward for clicking/tapping on the lone platinum coin outside of the coin boxes, at the top of the My Nintendo homepage]

Each of these missions nets you 30 platinum points. Going with the worst case scenario and assuming that the six month expiration date on points comes out to 24 weeks, that still leaves you able to rack up 2880 points in a single go. Since the most expensive reward so far (Twilight Princess Picross) tops out at 1000 points, and is available for the next six months, I'd say that bodes rather well for those who can't access Miitomo, or simply don't want to use it. You shouldn't dismiss the whole rewards service on those grounds alone.

I suppose there's a chance that there's some regional variation with the mission rewards, so I'd be grateful if others could corroborate these facts. I'm basing this off of my UK account.

Oh, and one other thing: It is frustrating that the main rewards page doesn't list the cost of each reward, meaning you have to click through each one to find out; however, the rewards that you can afford with your current points balance are all marked with a little red "Available" bookmark on the top right. Not an ideal situation, it's true, but better than nothing.

EDIT:
Yep, NamikazeBurst noticed the same thing.

Mr. RPG

Wait, the rewards also have an expire date (like Club Nintendo). I went to the Captain Toad discount and found this:

So they are going to rotate the prizes and have a 6 month limit.

Just to be clear, you only get to use your rewards for 6 months?

You can't keep anything forever? Am I understanding this correctly?

Is there actually a second secret for 30 pointsby clicking a coin on the ground? I clicked a coin neat my Mii and got 30 platinum points, but the website says it is a weekly bonus for logging into My Nintendo. There is also a reward for signing into a Nintendo account on the official Nintendo website weekly, despite not being in the missions list.

For the official Nintendo site, do you know if anything pops up or if you have to click anywhere? I wasn't paying attention to see if my coins just went up.

Just to be clear, you only get to use your rewards for 6 months?

You can't keep anything forever? Am I understanding this correctly?

No, no. You can only keep your coins for 6 months, the rewards are yours forever. After 6 months the coins expire, but on a case-by-case basis, not all together.

My problem with that is the old Club Nintendo had a 1 year + lifespan. People tried to argue that "Club Nintendo changed stuff periodically so you couldn't get what you wanted!". Well, MyNintendo is doing the same.

Mr. RPG

No, no. You can only keep your coins for 6 months, the rewards are yours forever. After 6 months the coins expire, but on a case-by-case basis, not all together.

My problem with that is the old Club Nintendo had a 1 year + lifespan. People tried to argue that "Club Nintendo changed stuff periodically so you couldn't get what you wanted!". Well, MyNintendo is doing the same.

Ah, I see. Well, I definitely agree with you. 6 months seems way too short.

I'm not interested in any of the rewards for this month so I guess I'll have to wait and see what comes next.

Dr. Worm

Banned

Well, the whole turnover is expedited. I'm guessing that they want to encourage more frequent interaction with it; spend Coins NOW, get rewards NOW, instead of waiting and hoarding.

Well, the whole turnover is expedited. I'm guessing that they want to encourage more frequent interaction with it; spend Coins NOW, get rewards NOW, instead of waiting and hoarding.

From a business standpoint I know it makes sense, but that doesn't mean that I'm forced to like it.

Gold points are only earned by buying games on the ESHOP?

What the shit, am I missing something?.That's ridiculous. I more or less only buy Nintendo games physically because the Wii U and 3DS have terrible storage on them.

Moosehole

Still waiting on my 200 platinum for being a Club Nintendo member... They would give me enough to get Zelda Picross.

Gold points are only earned by buying games on the ESHOP?

What the shit, am I missing something?.That's ridiculous. I more or less only buy Nintendo games physically because the Wii U and 3DS have terrible storage on them.

It's extremely easy and fairly cheap to expand the storage on both platforms.

It's extremely easy and fairly cheap to expand the storage on both platforms.

Regardless, seems ridiculous to exclude people who prefer physical copies. Their previous rewards system included physical copies, why not this one? As some one who made platinum every year with club nintendo, this new account system isn't going to give me the same benefits strictly because I don't want to go digital for most of my games.

It's just unfortunate.

Regardless, seems ridiculous to exclude people who prefer physical copies. Their previous rewards system included physical copies, why not this one? As some one who made platinum every year with club nintendo, this new account system isn't going to give me the same benefits strictly because I don't want to go digital for most of my games.

It's just unfortunate.

It's coming to physical games later.

Digital is the future. They can't even be bothered to give us paper manuals anymore. It can't be surprising that they are focusing on digital customers first.

Discounted games give you the FULL price credit for gold coins.

Example: I just bought Yoshi's Story. Normal price is $9.99, but since I'd bought it on Wii already, I only paid $2.00. I still got credit for paying $9.99 though because I have 10 gold coins now! Hurrah!

BRB gotta buy Mario Kart 64

Edit: ooh, I've actually got several games I've not "upgraded" yet. Looking forward to seeing how much I'll get.

itschris

I just reached 1000 points and got Zelda Twilight Princess Picross thanks to the email with 200 bonus points for being a Club Nintendo member! I got the email earlier, but glossed over it and didn't notice that there was a point code in it.

WarAdept

Downloading now. I hope they implement phones as a second screen for the Wii U/NX/3DS ala PS4 Remote Play. Would make typing so much easier and maybe buy games while I'm at work.

It's coming to physical games later.

Digital is the future. They can't even be bothered to give us paper manuals anymore. It can't be surprising that they are focusing on digital customers first.

Oh ok, that's good to know. Thanks.

Was just really let down there for a moment. I used the hell out of Club Nintendo.

Top Bottom