• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Nintendo Thread: Mii Nintendo, U Nintendo, Wii Nintendo

jholmes

NA birthday games for October are here and it's spooky how uninterested I am in them:

Nintendo 3D
Kirby Planet Robobot
Mario Sports Superstars
Bravely Default
Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon
Super Smash Bros.
Mario Kart 7

Wii U
Xenoblade Chronicles
Yoshi’s Woolly World
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
Paper Mario: Color Splash
New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U
Yoshi's Story

Good games, but I have all the ones I want (which is most of them).

i-Jest

NA birthday games for October are here and it's spooky how uninterested I am in them:

Nintendo 3D
Kirby Planet Robobot
Mario Sports Superstars
Bravely Default
Super Smash Bros.
Mario Kart 7

Wii U
Xenoblade Chronicles
Yoshi’s Woolly World
Yoshi's Story

As a fellow October baby, it would be awesome if Fatal Frame was in my offerings, but I'd settle for Xenoblade as a backup. I'd buy it digitally to keep my factory sealed copy in that state for future collecting purposes. What people don't appreciate now, they will later covet.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I still don't get why Yoshi's Story is the one random VC title to be included for birthday discounts.

jholmes

I still don't get why Yoshi's Story is the one random VC title to be included for birthday discounts.

What's crazy is it stacks with the Wii purchase discount so every time I have to look at this tempting but meaningless $1.40 price, since I already have it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What's crazy is it stacks with the Wii purchase discount so every time I have to look at this tempting but meaningless $1.40 price, since I already have it.
Haha, I noticed that last month. If you already own it on Wii but not Wii U, you're saving a measly 60 cents, making the discount pretty much pointless.

Hell, why not just give us a "save ##% on any VC" coupon, that'd be way more useful.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have any thoughts on Dillon's Rolling Western?

I enjoyed it... until I found out that you have to get a set amount of stars before unlocking the next area. It got tough for me (not that great at tower defence...) and the fact that I had to redo levels over and over for a better score... not a dan. Once again, maybe I was doing it wrong.

Nintendo 3D
Kirby Planet Robobot
Mario Sports Superstars
Bravely Default
Super Smash Bros.
Mario Kart 7

Wii U
Xenoblade Chronicles
Yoshi’s Woolly World
Yoshi's Story

So it's the original Xenoblade Chronicles and not X.

I did realize they offered non-retail titles. When did this happen?

Are they all just 30% off. Including the non-retail games like Yoshi's Story which is $10 regular anyway?

Edit:

Nevermind.

Checked my email and saw it.

30% off everything and it is the original Xenoblade Chronicles.

Crazy that they wouldn't change the discount per game.

Save $3 on Yoshi's Story or $18 on Color Splash.

Still kicking myself I didn't do the Xenoblade X discount last October. At the time I simply had just bought a 360 an an Xbox One the month before and with Christmas coming up. I believed Nintendo would eventually drop the digital price to $40 (most Nintendo first-party titles actually have had their price reduced by at least $10) as the game was still less than a year-old and that year saw the Nintendo Selects Line with 8 titles discounted to $20. As well as Wooly World, Captain Toad, Mario Party 10, Devil's Third and Bayonetta 2 all discounted to $30. Apparently that was just for 2016.

jholmes

So it's the original Xenoblade Chronicles and not X.

I did realize they offered non-retail titles. When did this happen?

Are they all just 30% off. Including the non-retail games like Yoshi's Story which is $10 regular anyway?

They are all 30 per cent and yes, it is the superior Wii game, not the Wii U time sink.

I think they've always had Yoshi's Story on this so I think there have been some non-retail options since Day 1.

PokéKong

As of right now the Rolling Westerns, Star Fox games, and Pandora's Tower coupons are past due for being taken down, I expect them to disappear by the end of tomorrow, perhaps to be replaced by something "Soon"? I nabbed up both Rolling Western since I've been meaning to, and hoping that cool third one abruptly drops on us one day.

maxcriden

Nintendo 3D
Kirby Planet Robobot
Mario Sports Superstars
Bravely Default
Super Smash Bros.
Mario Kart 7

Wii U
Xenoblade Chronicles
Yoshi’s Woolly World
Yoshi's Story

Happy early birthday! I'm glad to see the lost has updated at least. Hope nobody hits snooze on Color Splash. Great game overflowing with creativity and hilarious writing.

PokéKong;250656137 said:
As of right now the Rolling Westerns, Star Fox games, and Pandora's Tower coupons are past due for being taken down, I expect them to disappear by the end of tomorrow, perhaps to be replaced by something "Soon"? I nabbed up both Rolling Western since I've been meaning to, and hoping that cool third one abruptly drops on us one day.

Seems like the SF coupons will stick around a bit longer since they were mentioned in the weekly PR.

i-Jest

Still kicking myself I didn't do the Xenoblade X discount last October. At the time I simply had just bought a 360 an an Xbox One the month before and with Christmas coming up. I believed Nintendo would eventually drop the digital price to $40 (most Nintendo first-party titles actually have had their price reduced by at least $10) as the game was still less than a year-old and that year saw the Nintendo Selects Line with 8 titles discounted to $20. As well as Wooly World, Captain Toad, Mario Party 10, Devil's Third and Bayonetta 2 all discounted to $30. Apparently that was just for 2016.

Hopefully the My Nintendo discount for Xenoblade X comes around again. Unfortunately for me I didn't have enough coins to get both discounts for Xenoblade X and Tokyo Mirage Sessions at the time.

Shiggy

There's a Boxboy 2.5th anniversary theme for 20 GP now:
https://my.nintendo.com/rewards/2c3e0e0e733dcfc4 (Europe)

b26f7d1485e7dd1c

jholmes

Happy early birthday! I'm glad to see the lost has updated at least. Hope nobody hits snooze on Color Splash. Great game overflowing with creativity and hilarious writing.

Thanks! And I did really enjoy Color Splash. No denying the issues with the combat system but the rest of the game is so good that it really does make up for it.

duckroll

So it has been like a gazillion months now and the My Nintendo shit still has zero Switch rewards of any sort. Worst service launch ever? Getting rid of Club Nintendo was a fucking stupid move.

Bowl0l

How hard is it to make some freaking Switch themes
Probably because Switch themes rewards will be exclusive to NO service. You don't want weird offers like Gimme 140 gold coins for 20% discount as part of your Nintendo Online priveledge, right?
Free themes are already considered stealing from Nintendo. /s

forrest

formerly nacire
So it has been like a gazillion months now and the My Nintendo shit still has zero Switch rewards of any sort. Worst service launch ever? Getting rid of Club Nintendo was a fucking stupid move.

For a loyalty program, it sure leaves me feeling bad for being loyal.

Never thought I would miss being able to spend coins on a calendar or some other crappy physical reward.

duckroll

For a loyalty program, it sure leaves me feeling bad for being loyal.

Never thought I would miss being able to spend coins on a calendar or some other crappy physical reward.

I haven't even redeemed coins for some physical games because I don't see the point. This entire system has a been a huge disappointment.

Hegarol

I haven't even redeemed coins for some physical games because I don't see the point. This entire system has a been a huge disappointment.
For some? I have not redemeed anything yet and I have like 6 or 7 retail games. You have 24 months to do it and I will wait until the last possible moment.

I don't see the point in redeeming coins on my physical games when there is absolutely nothing I want to spend them on and hasn't really been since the thing began.

They'll just expire before anything decent is offered. :|

Is that really what Nintendo intended with this service? lol.

I don't see the point in redeeming coins on my physical games when there is absolutely nothing I want to spend them on and hasn't really been since the thing began.

They'll just expire before anything decent is offered. :|

Is that really what Nintendo intended with this service? lol.
I agree...the gold points that I already have have been used to get 3ds themes. :| that's getting old quick though.

gardfish

New discounts for NA:

-30% off Golden Sun (Wii U), 240 Platinum coins
-30% off Sin and Punishment (Wii U), 360 Platinum coins
-20% off Yoshi's New Island (3DS), 400 Platinum coins
-40% off The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS), 120 Gold coins
-40% off Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (3DS), 120 Gold coins
-40% off Kersploosh (3DS), 10 Gold coins (what even is this?)
-40% off Golden Sun: The Lost Age (Wii U), 30 Gold coins
-40% off Sin and Punishment: Star Successor (Wii U), 60 Gold coins
-30% off Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Bros. Edition (3DS), 70 Gold coins
-30% off Brain Age: Concentration Training (3DS), 70 Gold coins
-20% off Splatoon (Wii U), 20 Gold coins

The Majora's Mask 3D and Sin and Punishment discounts are honestly kinda tempting.

Stopdoor

Guys Kersploosh is legit I swear.

(Ok maybe it's not that legit, but I wish the few rare times I did Streetpass someone with it, there was some actual challenging records)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I want to say there's a Kersploosh sequel in Japan that greatly expands the game with stuff like a level map screen & such, but never came here.

Once again, part of the problem is some of those rewards are rather tempting, but I already have/had the games I wanted.

zroid

Banned
kind of tempted to get Xenoblade 3DS. I have it on Wii but I'm starting to feel like I'll never finish it just because I struggle to finish long games on consoles. It's easier for me on a portable system.

how is the port?

if not that then maybe the two Golden Sun games. Wouldn't mind replaying them but I don't think I ever will on GBA.

These two above statements may seem contradictory BUT the Wii U Gamepad is close enough to a handheld that I can get by :lol

i-Jest

New discounts for NA:

-30% off Golden Sun (Wii U), 240 Platinum coins
-30% off Sin and Punishment (Wii U), 360 Platinum coins
-20% off Yoshi's New Island (3DS), 400 Platinum coins
-40% off The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS), 120 Gold coins
-40% off Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (3DS), 120 Gold coins
-40% off Kersploosh (3DS), 10 Gold coins (what even is this?)
-40% off Golden Sun: The Lost Age (Wii U), 30 Gold coins
-40% off Sin and Punishment: Star Successor (Wii U), 60 Gold coins
-30% off Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Bros. Edition (3DS), 70 Gold coins
-30% off Brain Age: Concentration Training (3DS), 70 Gold coins
-20% off Splatoon (Wii U), 20 Gold coins

The Majora's Mask 3D and Sin and Punishment discounts are honestly kinda tempting.

I'm in for the Sin And Punishment games. I'm also in for the 2nd Golden Sun game. These are good offerings if you don't already have them on Wii U.

Chibot

I'm in for the Sin And Punishment games. I'm also in for the 2nd Golden Sun game. These are good offerings if you don't already have them on Wii U.

Are the Wii U Golden Sun ports playable on TV or just on the gamepad? I only ever see gamepad images.

Thores

Okay these are some pretty good deals. I'm in for Star Successor, maybe Puzzle & Dragons.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS is also kinda tempting, I'm wondering about the quality of the port.

kind of tempted to get Xenoblade 3DS. I have it on Wii but I'm starting to feel like I'll never finish it just because I struggle to finish long games on consoles. It's easier for me on a portable system.

how is the port?

if not that then maybe the two Golden Sun games. Wouldn't mind replaying them but I don't think I ever will on GBA.

These two above statements may seem contradictory BUT the Wii U Gamepad is close enough to a handheld that I can get by :lol
The Xenoblade port is really good

StAidan

Just got a 30-coin survey (via email) for general feedback on the Nintendo Switch. I mostly sang its praises, but also clearly expressed the need for save transfer/backup.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Doe this theme remain My Nintendo exclusive? Just bought it because I have points that expire this month and there's nothing else that would be worthwhile.
In the US, the theme is available for purchase on the store. Not sure about EU, though.

It seems to only be available until the 27th, which seems short for a 3DS theme. I just hope I can purchase it here in the US.

Not sure if this is the right thread...

I just looked on my MyNintendo account online, just curious to see if I had earned a Mission from buying Breath of the Wild on the EShop for my Switch.

There is a mission for spening £50+ on the store, but that didn't unlock. Should it have?

I just looked to make sure its the right account, and the funds I added via the Switch are appearing on the website account, so its definitely the same account. Any ideas?

EDIT: Ah, it looks like I have earned that before, but it still says 'Mission details' instead of Mission complete. Also, its next to Switch gamecard missions so I thought it might be Switch E-Shop purchases.

TheMoon

Not sure if this is the right thread...

I just looked on my MyNintendo account online, just curious to see if I had earned a Mission from buying Breath of the Wild on the EShop for my Switch.

There is a mission for spening £50+ on the store, but that didn't unlock. Should it have?

I just looked to make sure its the right account, and the funds I added via the Switch are appearing on the website account, so its definitely the same account. Any ideas?

EDIT: Ah, it looks like I have earned that before, but it still says 'Mission details' instead of Mission complete. Also, its next to Switch gamecard missions so I thought it might be Switch E-Shop purchases.

They are infinite. They never show as complete.

i-Jest

This would make the second time we've seen Xenoblade 3DS on the North American side. I'm not complaining BTW, I'm just curious as to what content has a chance of seeing a return.

EDIT:

Can we please get Fatal Frame discount already, and not have it cost us an absurd amount of coins?

Top Bottom