• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mysterious teaser at Metal Gear Solid HD Edition site [Edit: Revealed!]

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Mod Abuse

duckroll said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zY8osApON0c

It is revealed! The entire teaser was a pun on the words "Kojima Productions" and "Haru ga kita". It is in fact a TV commercial campaign where Kojiharu from AKB48 infiltrates into Kojima Productions and alters a word in their name so it becomes Kojiharu Productions! Har har! Are you laughing? I'm certainly laughing. The only thing RISING today will be something in the pants of lolicons all over Japan. Lololol.
duckroll said:
Here's the rest of the shit! There's an entire sub-site dedicated to it! Lololol.

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/hd/sp/index2.html

0L24k.jpg

-----------------------------------

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/hd/

http://andriasang.com/comytn/

The text says "Spring Comes to Kojima Productions. The song in the background is Haru ga Kita (Spring Has Come).

What could it mean? The text above the message window says "11/07," so it's possible we'll find out then.

Kojima Productions has a particularly busy month ahead of it, with Metal Gear Solid HD Edition and Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker HD Edition due out (in Japan, these are being released individually).

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm guessing Rising.

VG247 said:
“Big” MGS: Rising news this winter, says Konami boss

Despite a previously-confirmed E3 no-show, Konami president Shinji Hirano has confirmed that “big” Metal Gear Solid: Rising news will emerge this winter.

Hirano, speaking to G4 (video), didn’t get any more specific on a timeline, though.

“The reason why we didn’t mention information on Rising at this moment is because we are making something big, and that is coming for this winter season,” said Hirano.

“So please everybody expect to see some news for Rising this winter season.”

Earlier this week, Hideo Kojima confirmed during Konami’s pre-E3 press conference that news on Rising would be absent from E3 next week, but teased the game during the presser by showing small bits of concept art and render footage of Raiden.

Metal Gear Solid: Rising releases in 2012, as confirmed by Kojima on Thursday, on PS3, 360 and PC.
Source: http://www.vg247.com/2011/06/04/big-mgs-rising-news-this-winter-says-konami-boss/

dsc01254-e131979550960twe0.jpg

glaurung

I have been burned pretty bad with sneaky MGS announcements.

Remember the iOS game? Yeah, I am not getting my hopes up.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Zone of Enders 3DS NOW IS YOUR TIME TO SHINE.

Spiegel

If this was for Rising I doubt the teaser would be shown on the HD collection page

It's probably the official announcement/unveiling of MGS HD Collection for Vita, to be released in Spring.

Or MGS remake

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
WOOOOOOOOOHH

I'm so excited. I feel like i'm passing out any minute now. MGS is my favorite series of all time. I can't freaking wait for Nov 7.

duckroll

Vocaloid teaser seems to indicate to me that it would be Peace Walker related. Maybe some bonuses for the HD Edition, or post-release DLC similar to what they did for the PSP version. Maybe an expanded Vocaloid editing function compared to the PSP game?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
glaurung said:
I have been burned pretty bad with sneaky MGS announcements.

Remember the iOS game? Yeah, I am not getting my hopes up.
Matts Legacy said:
MGS Rising Using Fox Engine Believe!!
Obviously you're both right.

risingphonew06w.png

Presumably it's like Infinity Blade now.

Mengetsu

SiteSeer said:
this is a given, ain't it? don't need belief if it fact.

Well in one of his interviews awhile ago he said that the current games being worked on wouldn't be using fox engine and this included rising but who knows.

Nirolak said:
Obviously you're both right.

Presumably it's like Infinity Blade now.

I can see this on Vita as well with Transfaring to the PS3 version seeing the reasoning for delay as well.

Combichristoffersen said:
Would be awesome. I wish Resident Evil 5 would come to the 360, but there's been no announcements, right?

Dude, port begging is bannable!

On a side note,those Mass Effect 2 videos made me wish they'd consider a PS3 port :(

RPGamer92

Banned
OneMoreQuestion said:
Dude, port begging is bannable!

On a side note,those Mass Effect 2 videos made me wish they'd consider a PS3 port :(
Lol at PS3 owners, they'll never get Bioshock, GTA IV Episodes, Eternal Sonata or Lost Planet

I've got really low expectations for Rising but I wouldn't mind being proved wrong.

BUT GUYS WHAT IF IT'S MGS5!? GTA5 & MGS5 both being released in 2012 would cause so much hype that the world will end for sure.

Top Bottom