• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TGS Zone Of The Enders News: Nothing In Development, Maybe 3-5 Years From Now

Josh7289

Yeah as long as I understood him correctly Kojima said that they're not making the next ZOE right now but that they want to, even though he doesn't know if he'll be able to show anything for it for 3 or 5 years or whatever from now.

Kojima also brought up the subject of a sequel, reiterating that he would at some point like to make a proper sequel to Anubis, even adding that he was so impressed with the audience that the stage had drawn that he'd be returning to the office to have discussions with the staff. He also revealed that an Anubis sequel was at one point in development.

http://andriasang.com/comy87/

SolidSnakex said:

funny-gifs-batman-is-disappointed.gif

jackdoe

It's kind of obvious though. They're not going to make any heavy investments unless the ZOE HD collection sells well. Hopefully their expectations are realistic.

Beth Cyra

Well that kills any remaining hopes that people had of Zone 3DS.

This kinda makes me sad though. Leo was so awesome in Zone 2 that I have wanted a follow up with him Jehuty since Zone 2 was over.

Erethian

As soon as Konami realised he was working on a new ZOE they asked him why it wasn't MGS-related, and had it cancelled.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Take your time Kojima... But when it finally shows up again I expect something futuristic as hell. A PS4-quality lucid dream with a techno soundtrack.

Regarding "Anubis 2", i'll re-post what I posted in the ZOE Stage Show thread:

Gouda Jouji said:
The reason they talked about Guy Savage is because Guy Savage was salvaged from "Anubis 2", aka ZOE3. Anubis 2 was radically different from ZOE1/2, it was ground combat only with no Orbital Frames. Internally it was negatively received. Kojima stopped working on it because they didn't have the resources/man power to finish it.

Acosta

Nirolak said:
I think Kojima was serious when he said he didn't know what the logo was, as the staff was just drawing stuff.

Master troll.

It´s nice to have things straight. Others would say "there is always hope, keep showing your support and it may happen!" or something like that, but Kojima is not afraid of disappointing fans anymore.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Kojima Productions hasn't released a console game since MGS4 in 2008.

I'm pretty sure they're not making anything at this point.

markot said:
Yeah, Kojimas too busy penning another master piece for his next metal gear game.

He's making a new MG and a completely new IP. It's not like he'd even be the one making ZOE if and when it happens. He's never made one before.

Yagharek

Ugh, typical.

I think I'm just going to take the joystiq/kotaku route with konami now, and assume every news piece is unsubstantiated rumours until the games are actually on the shelf. No point waiting or getting excited over trolls from developers themselves.

Actually, scrap that - I'll just assume ZOE3 is being made in parallel with Shenmue 3

:(

Acosta

SolidSnakex said:
He's making a new MG and a completely new IP. It's not like he'd even be the one making ZOE if and when it happens. He's never made one before.

But he made it happen isn't? He was producer after all, I guess he is the one who pitched it to Konami execs and got the green light.

markot

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
The MGS series gets worse with each game. ZOE >> ZOE2

So, instead of going forwards with an even better Zoe3, he is going even more backwardly!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Gouda Jouji said:
Regarding "Anubis 2", i'll re-post what I posted in the ZOE Stage Show thread:
Knowing this, my excitement for a potential ZOE3 has been dampened. Just give me the HD collection and we'll call it a day.

Acosta said:
But he made it happen isn't? He was producer after all, I guess he is the one who pitched it to Konami execs and got the green light.

I was just pointing out that he's not the main guy behind the projects, so it wouldn't matter if he was working on another MG. Both ZOE games were made while he was working on MG titles.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
BroHuffman said:
Konami is garbage. ZOE3 is never going to happen.

this is why i asked this question:

beelzebozo said:
does kojima own the rights to z.o.e.?

i'm trying to think, how profitable is konami? how many big sure-thing series do they have? in five years i could see them screwing themselves into a corner tightly enough that something like a risky, expensive rejuvenated old i.p. would become out of the question. and i have to imagine in 3-5 years, considering the way i perceive things to be at konami, i would think it a high possibility kojima would jump ship.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
i will never understand board room politics

WTF has Konami been doing this whole gen that they did not see that they might wanna make a sequel to this...

~Devil Trigger~ said:

WTF has Konami been doing this whole gen that they did not see that they might wanna make a sequel to this...

It's not like ZOE is a popular series. ZOE sold because of the MGS2 demo and ZOE2 didn't do particularly well. The best thing to do is to buy the HD Collection to show Konami that there is a sizable group of people out there that want a new game.

Huff

Banned
~Devil Trigger~ said:

Well they probably want to make money.

I'm not sure their strategy of not making games is helping though

Slime

Banned
Guess this means that if anything comes of the whole ZOE 3DS image it'll probably just be a 3D port of the first one or something. = \

This sucks, but I was kind of expecting it. Was also kind of hoping that the HD releases were indicative of some sort of sequel on the horizon though. OH WELLZ.

Crying.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
SolidSnakex said:
It's not like ZOE is a popular series. ZOE sold because of the MGS2 demo and ZOE2 didn't do particularly well. The best thing to do is to buy the HD Collection to show Konami that there is a sizable group of people out there that want a new game.

Hopefully people getting the collection will not sell it right after having played ZOE1.

I feel bad for ZOE2 sitting alongside its shitty prequel on the same disc.

Top Bottom